Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cleocatra... $7.5?? isn't this below the minum wage!!!

Anway... I hope all is doing well. We just got notification that EAD card is approved for production. The wait is for the GC now.

Back to work..

$7.50 an hour out here is the minimum wage and it just got raised to that. I know, :( we live in a slave wage state.

Congrats on the EAD and best wishes on the GC!

Oh sorry minimum wage for Idaho is $7.25 an hour now. Still :(

US Dept of Labor

Hmm... Looking at the stats it is still better than some states. It used to be $5.50 an hour before it got raised within the last year.

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I guess when I used to have 4.25, was just happy with the pay. I don't know this was back in 1993 when I first came to this country.

Now with 9 times that pay I seems to forget where I started.

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

Morning everyone!

Hope your weekend was good!

Mandy, enjoy your trip luv. Sure hope we can go next year!

Olivia, sorry to hear about the wages. Perhaps the Senate will give the states "their"

pay raises!! The minimum wage is absurd!

Hey MsW, Andrea and Batta!

Have a good day everyone! Speaking of coffee.....:yes:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

OK so I like the running thread chat - just have to remember to jump in where I left off last. I've visited the sub-saharan cyber cafe chat area & its a good idea to bring that concept here to MENA too - hope it works. Also reminds me of those long K3 forum threads when I was still at the waiting for the NOA2 stage. Seems like forever ago ... :huh:

I was reading through some of the chats here and kept seeing a common theme - "Old VJ'ers and looking at some of the time lines of those folks, its acutally been a short period of time but soooooooo much has happened to so many of us in that time span - blows the mind looking back over the past just 2.5 years for us :yes:

Anywho, Happy Monday to all & have great afternoon/evening! (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline

Checking in again. It's been a productive Monday so far. The nerves in my stomach tell me I didn't need a latte after all so I'm glad I didn't have one. I wonder where all this energy is coming from?

I didn't know you were from another country Batta? In 1993 I was starting High School here. :P I did have a job at minimum wage in Texas which was around $5.15 an hour.

Sounds like a great idea Jeanne! Looking at the stats though many states are on the same level of minimum wage that we're on. Still people can barely make a living off of that and I don't know how the population can get by on that these days, especially ones with families to feed.

Glad you liked the idea of the long form thread as well prince + angel. I know what you mean about the short period of time in the bigger picture. Is VJ older than 10 years even? I think it's still in the single digits. But you know when you're separated from your loved one it seems like a much longer time. Then when you're together time seems to fly faster! I look back at the past 6 years since my relationship began with my now husband of nearly 4 years and I just am in awe at the idea of if we had known then what we know now about all of this process we'd have to go through. I'm am glad VJ is here for all of that. Hey btw I see from your siggy you got the 10 year green card! Congrats if I haven't said that already to you. :D You know under setting --> profile ---> scroll down to Immigration Status you can update your AOS is approved. Also under that box you can update the next box of the place you filed your benefits at. Most put Chicago Lockbox but for some it's the National Benefits Center. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why my K3 wouldn't update to AOS when I was updating my timeline but then I realized I had to change it myself under profile settings. blush.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

good afternoon all :)

quiet day here, the kids have some summer colds so taking it easy.

I have some old bananas so I think I will make a quick banana bread...

nothing else to report :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

good afternoon all :)

quiet day here, the kids have some summer colds so taking it easy.

I have some old bananas so I think I will make a quick banana bread...

nothing else to report :P

So did you make the banana bread yet????

Yummmm~~

Olivia, I was checking out that website..florida is only 7.25 too wow.:unsure:

I was noticing the change in hubby since he got here to Florida in April of this year. He has really made progress in the 5 short months that he has been here. Starters, he is definitely loving the "americanized" food now. It's gotten to the point where he is wanting to eat out everynight at a "buffet" or he is changing american recipes into arabic so he can master them. It helps that he is working at a middle eastern restaurant too!:luv:

He has pretty much gotten driving mastered, even though there are a few moves he does that scares the living daylights out of me!

I know he is wanting to go take the driving portion of the test now, but I really do think he needs just a wee bit more experience. Considering all he ever drove in Luxor is a motorcycle dodging in and out of traffic there! Big difference in a car!!

I definitely love the fact that he is a big "disney" fan like I am~ So far we have gone 2 weekends in a row, even if it is just for dinner!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Hey guys-n-gals. Wanted to give u an update. Husbands mom and little brother went for their visitor visa interview yesterday and were APPROVED! We are hoping to see them in the next couple months!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday all!!!

Thanks Wonderful, Andrea, Jeanne and Olivia for all the wishes :) I'm leaving for the airport in a few hours, so what am I doing on here :whistle: LOL. I will definately keep in touch and as long as we can get a fairly quick interview in Cairo it looks like we will be doing the visa through there. I was planning on going for only two weeks but now who knows, but thats ok, I'm not going to stress, I have a great friend helping with the kids and mom will be coming down soon if I need her to help out as well...whatever is meant to be will be :)

Olivia, good luck with the job.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

I will be in Cairo at 4pm (Cairo time tomorrow) :dance:

Edited by mandyu1

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

*wishing you luck*

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Good morning MENA!!!! Happy Hump Day!!! I don't have any camel pictures :crying: anyway hello to everyone .. i hope you have a great day today :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Happy Tuesday all!!!

Thanks Wonderful, Andrea, Jeanne and Olivia for all the wishes :) I'm leaving for the airport in a few hours, so what am I doing on here :whistle: LOL. I will definately keep in touch and as long as we can get a fairly quick interview in Cairo it looks like we will be doing the visa through there. I was planning on going for only two weeks but now who knows, but thats ok, I'm not going to stress, I have a great friend helping with the kids and mom will be coming down soon if I need her to help out as well...whatever is meant to be will be :)

Olivia, good luck with the job.

I will be in Cairo at 4pm (Cairo time tomorrow) :dance:

Yay Mandy!! I hope all goes well with the interview!!! Yeah stay in touch and let us know how it's going!!! I know you are going to be having a blast there!!! Makes me wish I was going too!!!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

I didn't come into work until 1030 this morning, had to go to a meeting at the school with my 13 yr old.....I think my hair turned a new shade of gray this morning!:wacko:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Yay Mandy!! I hope all goes well with the interview!!! Yeah stay in touch and let us know how it's going!!! I know you are going to be having a blast there!!! Makes me wish I was going too!!!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

I didn't come into work until 1030 this morning, had to go to a meeting at the school with my 13 yr old.....I think my hair turned a new shade of gray this morning!:wacko:

Hey Andrea.. Mandy is gone :o ... wow, I didn't even get a chance to say have a good time to her :crying: .. i pray everything goes well with the interview.. yeah i wish i was going to Egypt too... and Andrea I know all about the gray hair thing.. my 7 year old, well i just don't know sometimes :wacko: ... my nerves are bad.. i'm getting too old for this i guess :lol:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Andrea.. Mandy is gone :o ... wow, I didn't even get a chance to say have a good time to her :crying: .. i pray everything goes well with the interview.. yeah i wish i was going to Egypt too... and Andrea I know all about the gray hair thing.. my 7 year old, well i just don't know sometimes :wacko: ... my nerves are bad.. i'm getting too old for this i guess :lol:

Happy Hump Day MENA!!

Thanks Andrea and Wonderfule!!

I arrived in Cairo about 5 hours ago, and I already have packet 3 ready to be sent, so looks like that will go out tomorrow :) I will definately keep in touch. Im having a great time, I was so happy and excited to see Mohamed, I've missed him soo muchhhh.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

Happy Hump Day MENA!!

Thanks Andrea and Wonderfule!!

I arrived in Cairo about 5 hours ago, and I already have packet 3 ready to be sent, so looks like that will go out tomorrow :) I will definately keep in touch. Im having a great time, I was so happy and excited to see Mohamed, I've missed him soo muchhhh.

Hey Mandy!!!! :star: glad you arrived safely...take PLENTY of pictures together... have fun girl.. tell Mohamed hello from VJ :thumbs::dance:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.