Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good afternoon ladies!!! It seems the Indian summer here is sticking around! :dancing: If anyone has ever been to the Upper Penisula of Michigan you would know having warm weather here at this time of year is a real treat. Usually by now we have had our first snow. It is normal here to have 6-8 months of winter. Maybe even this year for halloween the kids will actually get to show off their costumes rather than showing off their winter coats and boots... HERE'S HOPING! :halloween::P

Jeanne, I too am a history buff, I am madly in love with Regency England! I hope one day to visit all the places I have read and dreamed about. I will have to check out the Tudor Series. ;)

Olivia, I really am sorry to hear of you and your husband's misfortune, and you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery of your stolen funds and identity, how horrible to go through such a thing just days before your hubby has to go away. :(

I am enjoying my time with Ahmed via video cams. Ahmed was so shy about being on cam but he really has warmed up to the idea. :yes: Now he seems to not get enough of showing off for me on cam! :lol: He really is so precious. Ladies truly I had forgotten how his smile sparkles and brings a song to my heart! :wub: I simply cannot imagine loving someone more than I do love my Ahmed.

Sunday is a day for getting prepared for the week ahead... also I always say woohooo another week come and gone!!! I have my midterm writing portfolio due on Tuesday and I cannot seem to stop fussing over it like a mother hen! Everytime I feel like it is complete and ready to be submitted, I go back and change things up again! :wacko:

I can hear the laundry calling for me :protest: , yet I still shut the laundry room door! :whistle: As I was cooking Sunday brunch I found myself in need of a hand towel yet not a single one to be found! :o That is always my cue to get my butt in gear and tackle the list of many things I must complete today! :energy:

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, and an even better week! :luv:

Edited by Amber & Ahmed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beautiful Sunday morning to everyone!

Jenell, sure hope you are feeling better by now and can take those pictures of the trees!

Morning Andrea, Charles, Olivia, Aya, Amber, Morrocogirl, Tammy and Sandy!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Ours has been quiet, but I have now introduced

myself to the series The Tudors and i'm lovin' every episode!!! I love British history, and was

excited to see many of the castles and areas i've been to. I have only 1 more episode in the series

and can't wait to see it. Love the actors...they are brilliant in the series.

Here's hoping your day will be an excellent one filled with happiness and love.

Morning Jeanne. Jenell I hope you are feeling better too. rose.gif Jeanne I haven't seen The Tudors but I love castles and think I would enjoy that series as well. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday as well.

Good afternoon ladies!!! It seems the Indian summer here is sticking around! :dancing: If anyone has ever been to the Upper Penisula of Michigan you would know having warm weather here at this time of year is a real treat. Usually by now we have had our first snow. It is normal here to have 6-8 months of winter. Maybe even this year for halloween the kids will actually get to show off their costumes rather than showing off their winter coats and boots... HERE'S HOPING! :halloween::P

Jeanne, I too am a history buff, I am madly in love with Regency England! I hope one day to visit all the places I have read and dreamed about. I will have to check out the Tudor Series. ;)

Olivia, I really am sorry to hear of you and your husband's misfortune, and you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery of your stolen funds and identity, how horrible to go through such a thing just days before your hubby has to go away. :(

I am enjoying my time with Ahmed via video cams. Ahmed was so shy about being on cam but he really has warmed up to the idea. :yes: Now he seems to not get enough of showing off for me on cam! :lol: He really is so precious. Ladies truly I had forgotten how his smile sparkles and brings a song to my heart! :wub: I simply cannot imagine loving someone more than I do love my Ahmed.

Sunday is a day for getting prepared for the week ahead... also I always say woohooo another week come and gone!!! I have my midterm writing portfolio due on Tuesday and I cannot seem to stop fussing over it like a mother hen! Everytime I feel like it is complete and ready to be submitted, I go back and change things up again! :wacko:

I can hear the laundry calling for me :protest: , yet I still shut the laundry room door! :whistle: As I was cooking Sunday brunch I found myself in need of a hand towel yet not a single one to be found! :o That is always my cue to get my butt in gear and tackle the list of many things I must complete today! :energy:

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, and an even better week! :luv:

Good Morning Amber! It's great to see you posting two days in a row. Sending you best wishes on that writing portfolio. I'm really glad college is over for me though sometimes I miss those days but not the homework. tongue.gif Dh used to always want to see me on cam and I was shy about it. He wasn't shy about the cam though there were months I wouldn't get to see him for whatever reason. I am really glad those days are behind us as well. I was lucky to have college to fill up my busy time so as not to go out of my mind too much during the separation. it's really an agonizing process being separated from the ones we love, especially when it goes on for years like ours did. Shudders at remembering it.

Yep this misfortune does suck in it's timing. I hope it will be resolved before he leaves for 6 weeks. I know we'll be separated again and I'm not looking forward to that part but at the beginning it always seems bearable. At least this time it is by our choice and for so many good reasons it's daunting to recount them all. We'll see how it goes I guess. After he comes back and if his Sister is approved for another year of study there are talks right now for him to go back for more observer-ships and taking his exams there. My Mom is convinced it's just a matter of time before we both move to the east coast. That would all depend on him completing his exams for the first year residency by next Septembers matching and placing. He says he could regurgitate his USMLE books for me verbatim but that doesn't mean he knows how to take the exams the way they want him to with their limited time frame for answering each question. We both hope that his Sister can help him with studying for that and get the thinking down for how to approach taking the exams. I also hope these observer-ships help open his eyes to the way things operate here so he gets more exposure to our way of thinking in a medical setting and that may be helpful in taking his exams. His Sister and BIL have both been University Professors in the Medical School back home in Egypt for years so I would think they'd be able to help him with taking the USMLE steps. Crossing my fingers and closing my eyes tight wishing really hard all goes well soon. heart.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Morning Jeanne. Jenell I hope you are feeling better too. rose.gif Jeanne I haven't seen The Tudors but I love castles and think I would enjoy that series as well. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday as well.

Good Morning Amber! It's great to see you posting two days in a row. Sending you best wishes on that writing portfolio. I'm really glad college is over for me though sometimes I miss those days but not the homework. tongue.gif Dh used to always want to see me on cam and I was shy about it. He wasn't shy about the cam though there were months I wouldn't get to see him for whatever reason. I am really glad those days are behind us as well. I was lucky to have college to fill up my busy time so as not to go out of my mind too much during the separation. it's really an agonizing process being separated from the ones we love, especially when it goes on for years like ours did. Shudders at remembering it.

Yep this misfortune does suck in it's timing. I hope it will be resolved before he leaves for 6 weeks. I know we'll be separated again and I'm not looking forward to that part but at the beginning it always seems bearable. At least this time it is by our choice and for so many good reasons it's daunting to recount them all. We'll see how it goes I guess. After he comes back and if his Sister is approved for another year of study there are talks right now for him to go back for more observer-ships and taking his exams there. My Mom is convinced it's just a matter of time before we both move to the east coast. That would all depend on him completing his exams for the first year residency by next Septembers matching and placing. He says he could regurgitate his USMLE books for me verbatim but that doesn't mean he knows how to take the exams the way they want him to with their limited time frame for answering each question. We both hope that his Sister can help him with studying for that and get the thinking down for how to approach taking the exams. I also hope these observer-ships help open his eyes to the way things operate here so he gets more exposure to our way of thinking in a medical setting and that may be helpful in taking his exams. His Sister and BIL have both been University Professors in the Medical School back home in Egypt for years so I would think they'd be able to help him with taking the USMLE steps. Crossing my fingers and closing my eyes tight wishing really hard all goes well soon. heart.gif

Olivia, I was so shy about posting here really. It seems you all have known each other for a long time and I felt sort of like I was intruding on personal conversations. Yet I have come to see through various posts that really all of you seem like a great bunch to know. :thumbs:

Yes, yes, yessssss studies do fill the emptiness I feel, lol I even think my grades have improved! I put so much energy into my studies just trying to occupy my mind. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how difficult the time was for you YEARS??? OHHHHHHMG! I got to hand it to you girl! :wow:

It is fabulously awesome the opportunity your husband has and I wish him best of luck with all his exams and studies! :thumbs::D It is so wonderful the way you support your dh in his dreams, it is so important to support one another, which I am so sure I do not have to tell you!

Ahmed will join me at the University once he arrives. He has a bachelors degree and wishes to pursue his Masters. :D He works as an Chief Accountant now, he is awesomely brilliant with facts and figures... unlike his wife! :P Our dream is to return to Egypt one day and him to become CFO for the whole Middle East!!! I am still so amazed with my husband. :blush: Every day our time apart lessens and soon we will be together!!! :dance: Never to be apart again! I find myself missing so many things about my husband, yet I am comforted by all our wonderful memories from when we were together, like one time we were at his sister's flat and we stood out on the balcony and my Ahmed for that moment in time was president of all of Egypt! :lol: It is funny how I even do miss his driving... his motto... FASTER FASTER!!! :no: I call him my very own Mario Andretti!!! I spent most of the time in the car saying baby OHHHHMG!!! And listening to him :diablo::ranting: at the other drivers LOOOOOL I look forward to him adding his very own personal style to the American roads! :no:

Well off I go to start on dinner! When the natives get hungry around here things tend to get ugly! :girlwerewolf2xn: LOL

Edited by Amber & Ahmed

Timeline

Olivia, I was so shy about posting here really. It seems you all have known each other for a long time and I felt sort of like I was intruding on personal conversations. Yet I have come to see through various posts that really all of you seem like a great bunch to know. :thumbs:

Yes, yes, yessssss studies do fill the emptiness I feel, lol I even think my grades have improved! I put so much energy into my studies just trying to occupy my mind. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how difficult the time was for you YEARS??? OHHHHHHMG! I got to hand it to you girl! :wow:

It is fabulously awesome the opportunity your husband has and I wish him best of luck with all his exams and studies! :thumbs::D It is so wonderful the way you support your dh in his dreams, it is so important to support one another, which I am so sure I do not have to tell you!

Ahmed will join me at the University once he arrives. He has a bachelors degree and wishes to pursue his Masters. :D He works as an Chief Accountant now, he is awesomely brilliant with facts and figures... unlike his wife! :P Our dream is to return to Egypt one day and him to become CFO for the whole Middle East!!! I am still so amazed with my husband. :blush: Every day our time apart lessens and soon we will be together!!! :dance: Never to be apart again! I find myself missing so many things about my husband, yet I am comforted by all our wonderful memories from when we were together, like one time we were at his sister's flat and we stood out on the balcony and my Ahmed for that moment in time was president of all of Egypt! :lol: It is funny how I even do miss his driving... his motto... FASTER FASTER!!! :no: I call him my very own Mario Andretti!!! I spent most of the time in the car saying baby OHHHHMG!!! And listening to him :diablo::ranting: at the other drivers LOOOOOL I look forward to him adding his very own personal style to the American roads! :no:

Well off I go to start on dinner! When the natives get hungry around here things tend to get ugly! :girlwerewolf2xn: LOL

It's understandable about being shy to post in a new place. Some people read for years and rarely if ever post. I know how it can be a bit intimidating. VJ was my first online forum to ever join so I was a newbie to it all and learned a lot about interacting online over the course of the time. Over the many years here and even before I was here the group changes and evolves as you'll see when people dig up old threads. Depending on the time you can see who was posting and most of those people aren't here anymore or changed handles. When I first came here several frequent members posted for awhile and then dropped off the face of the planet. I didn't know all the history either. I remember being invited to several offline groups but after accepting several invites and not really knowing who's who I stopped accepting those invites. I even stopped accepting the invites when I did know the people because it can become draining checking in with all the various circles online and having to repeat yourself. Some people have cropped back up years later. Some only pop in to say something when a hot thread is happening. Some pop in now and then with updates. Then there are others that are yet to be heard from again. That's what I've learned about online life. Since VJ I've tried a couple other online communities. Some I'll never return to and others I've found are very nurturing based on interests. The online world is so vast to choose from. I bet there is even a forum for your interests in English that could be very usual for you like forums in my field have been for me.

It's funny you mentioned Mario Andretti as he was just here in town and I edited a news package on him. Before that I couldn't say I'd really heard of him. blush.gif Speaking of work I better go catch my day myself.

Oh, btw it's baaaaaack! The power went out at 5 till noon and then the violent banging began for about 5 minutes. I'd wondered why it's been so quiet around here. unsure.gif Tonights the last night we have to stay in the house. After work tomorrow we'll pack up and clean the place for the family coming back home and Tuesday morning I'll check on the animals on my way to work.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Sunday MENA! (F)

My attempt to cook roast duck and stuffed eggplant last night was a total success! Hubby was proud of me and the kids did ask for more food on their plates which happens every once in a blue moon!

I can't wait to be done with my medicine...I hate feeling dizzy and sleepy during day time.. Hopefully I will start feeling better soon before the possible temporary-job hunt next week.

Amber, welcome to posting to MENA. All of us were newbies at some point and it took time for us to get to know one another and be regular posters. My major in university was English Literature too. You have someone here that shares your study and interests! :)

Have a great day everyone! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A lot of this has been happening in NY, it's called ATM skimmers NY Times ATM Skimmers They can duplicate your card.

Also a lot of debit fraud comes from purchases at restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations.

If possible, it's best to use a credit card. You're fully covered.

:thumbs: i've been offered debit cards in the past and refuse them. too many horror stories about them.

i'm on night shift again. bleh.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Happy Moan-day Everybody! wacko.gif Work was a Monday today.

I got an email from my bank saying the investigation is complete and they determined an error did occurred. The language didn't sound like a robbery but we will get the full details in a letter they are sending us. They also credited our money back to us and said to allow for one business day for the transaction to complete. That was quick! yes.gif

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Good evening MENA!!!! Hi Olivia, Jeanne, Andrea, Aya, Amber, Sandy, Charles, Tammy and Moroccogirl :star: I don't remember when I posted last :unsure: I'm feeling a little better than before... I will hate to get the doctor's bill :crying: oh well.. Jeanne, Andrea and Olivia, thanks for the well wishes :thumbs: Olivia, I am soooooooooo glad they were able to get that straight at the bank :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs: I knew it was an error on their part... I hope everyone gets some well needed rest tonight.. I know I need it :thumbs:

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Hey Mena Peeps! Happy Tuesday! So glad Monday is over with! Im off for two days and today at 3pm I have a doc appt to see if the cyst on my right ovary is better or worse. Trying to get pregnant is simply not that simple for me but I'm going to continue to do my checkups and keep trying.

The house situation is going smoothly and nearly finished, we just got the appraisal in and all is well with that. Im going from Lowes and Walmart picking out color tabs to figure out what colors we will paint the house. Adam has worked 19hrs of overtime last week and will continue to do so.

On the citizenship note: My brother in law (sisters husband from India) is eligible in December to apply for citizenship. Adam is eligible in August next year. Time is flying by for that!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

I used to be one of those members who posted nonstop! I would spend HOURS upon HOURS here in VJ. I, at one time, knew everybody who was a part of the mena forum. Now, it's almost like I'm a newbie again. I see a few old friends though, and that's nice. Facebook took all of my VJ time so most everybody I talked to back then is on my friends list in FB. I have made some super awesome and UBER close friends here. I wouldn't trade these friendships for anything! Keep on-a-posting! It's the only way to get to know each other.

In-laws are enjoying their time. So far I'm enjoying their time here too. They are amazed at just about everything they see, so that's really fun to watch. My hubster wan't too excited when he got here...I think it is coz he's too proud to let anyone know there's something he didn't already know... but his family is awesome:thumbs: For today, I think I'm gonna be sad to see them leave. It may be like the snow story though...U know, day 1 = awesome, lovely, beautiful, cold snow - can't wait to shovel the drive....and day 20 = %$%#&$& white schitz all over the frickin' yard and if I have to shovel 1 more time, I'm gonna curse the snow gods forever!!! So I'll let ya know how day 20 goes and if I'm ready to start cursing the visitor visa gods lmao!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Aya, it is so nice to find another lover of English Literature! :D I hope I am not being too bold when I say I look forward to talking with you further.

Olivia, thank goodness your bank worked so swiftly to resolve the issues for you and your hubby! It is nice to see any type of institution take swift action. :thumbs:

Jenelle. thank God you are feeling better, even if it is a little, we must thank God always for healing us. It sounds like you have been through so much and I will keep you in my prayers and thank God for blessing you with geood health! (F)

Palmtreegurl. I am usure of your name... sorry. Congratulations on your new home I pray your home will be filled with much love and the sounds of tiny feet running about! There is no greater joy than children! :dancing:

Amal, How very wonderful to have your hubby's family visiting! :) I look forward to the day my hubby will be here and soon to follow his sister Enas. I really have developed such a strong bond with her and I miss her terribly. Ahmed and I have even talked about his mom coming, but are unsure if she can make the trip due to his parents advanced age.

Ahmed and I are coming up on our NOA2 approval and we are growing more and more excited. This weekend will be our 7 month wedding anniversary and we cannot believe how time is going so fast! :clock:

I have classes soon so I got to get a move on the morning, today I hand in my writing portfolio and I must say I am feeling cautiously optomisitc :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful day ladies, and as always may God bless you all as you go about your day!!!

Edited by Amber & Ahmed

Timeline

Good morning! Beautiful Tuesday to everyone!

Olivia, what a relief for you to get your funds returned. Happy to hear the good news!

Tammy, i'm so excited for you and Adam and your new home! Best of luck with your

doctors appt also. Hope you will have some good news. Yes, time is flying! Wael

will do his biometrics Thursday for his citizenship. He's so excited.

Amal, loved the pictures of your family on FB!! They look like they are having a great time.

Jenell, really happy you are feeling better sweetie. Just take care of yourself!

Amber, so happy to see you posting! Hope your journey will be a fast one and he

will be in the states before you know it! Best of luck to you both.

Hey Sandy! Hope your day is good!

Wael registered for his final semester yesterday. Celebrated with a cup of tea!! :lol:

He has one more midterm then will do it all over again in a couple of weeks. Still

maintaining his A average with 21 units of Economics. Don't know how he does it.

Have some errands to do today. We are to have a slight chance of rain...wishing and hoping!

Hello Andrea, Charles and Aya!

Hope your Tuesday will be a good one!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Happy-Tuesday.jpg

Last day of work and then I'm off for three days. Last day checking on the haunted house. Feeling nervous today and I don't know why?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey to all you guys, Have a great Tuesday.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.