Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Eid everyone!

Olivia, this is a great idea!!! Much better than the couple of responses daily...:blush: I know I'm guilty because it just depends if I get 'puter time or not!! Sorry about the gov't job too....I'm glad that you are planning on continuing with your education! Me, I would be a "professional" student if I ever win the lottery!!:lol:

Hey Mandy, MsW, Jeanne, Jackie, Jenn, Sara, Tamara, Charles!!!!

If I missed anyone, it wasn't on purpose!!:whistle:

Olivia, Jackie, good luck on the upcoming interviews!! Let us know how it goes!!

Mandy, when are you leaving for your trip????? And what was decided, Cairo or KSA?

Well next week will be my week back in the office so I will get to visit VJ!! Whoo Hoo!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Happy Eid!!

Morning everyone! Happy Friday to all.

Mandy, happy to hear you are home and everything went well!

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend. We hope to

go away during winter break for at least a couple days. Perhaps San Diego

or Las Vegas. He wants so much to have the buffet at the Rio!! Doesn't care

about the gambling....just give this man food!!!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! Take care and stay safe.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Happy Eid!!

Morning everyone! Happy Friday to all.

Mandy, happy to hear you are home and everything went well!

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend. We hope to

go away during winter break for at least a couple days. Perhaps San Diego

or Las Vegas. He wants so much to have the buffet at the Rio!! Doesn't care

about the gambling....just give this man food!!!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! Take care and stay safe.

Hey Jeanne!! Wish we could get away during the winter break too!! LOL what's up with MENA men and the buffets? When ever I suggest a a new place to hubby first thing right out of his mouth is "Is it a buffet?" :rofl:

Doesn't matter what kind, just so it has alot of choices!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Hey Jeanne!! Wish we could get away during the winter break too!! LOL what's up with MENA men and the buffets? When ever I suggest a a new place to hubby first thing right out of his mouth is "Is it a buffet?" :rofl:

Doesn't matter what kind, just so it has alot of choices!!

Same here Andrea!! First words out of his mouth..."is it a buffet"!

Timeline

Same here Andrea!! First words out of his mouth..."is it a buffet"!

Sameh told me the best thing he has found in the US is the invention of "Buffets":lol:

He wonders why they don't have them in Egypt. I told him that people wouldn't ever stop eating and go home if they did it in Egypt!!! :rofl: He agreed!

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys hope that everyone who is getting interviewed does well. I am now at home after working with the census and applied to substitute teach with two different school districts. I was called yesterday and it went well. We are trying to find our way back to Morocco soon to visit so I thought of sub teaching instead of looking for permanent work so I could go on vacation without leaving a new job. Well I fasted again with Farid for the third year in a row and it well quite well. People around me say I lost weight but I know I am still fat, hahahha. I just ate some sour peachy smiley rings. ohhhhhhhh I love them. I send a big hello to everyone and much love to all.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Eid everyone!

Olivia, this is a great idea!!! Much better than the couple of responses daily...:blush: I know I'm guilty because it just depends if I get 'puter time or not!! Sorry about the gov't job too....I'm glad that you are planning on continuing with your education! Me, I would be a "professional" student if I ever win the lottery!!:lol:

Hey Mandy, MsW, Jeanne, Jackie, Jenn, Sara, Tamara, Charles!!!!

If I missed anyone, it wasn't on purpose!!:whistle:

Olivia, Jackie, good luck on the upcoming interviews!! Let us know how it goes!!

Mandy, when are you leaving for your trip????? And what was decided, Cairo or KSA?

Well next week will be my week back in the office so I will get to visit VJ!! Whoo Hoo!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

Hi Wonderful, Andrea and Jeanne!! :)

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Andrea I leave on Tuesday and we're still looking at our options. The embassy said they sent him another packet out on Tuesday but he still has not received it.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

TGIF and Happy Eid everyone!

Haven't been on here in a while, but glad to see everything is moving along for everyone.

Olivia, I do like the idea! :)

I received a call from my family this morning greeting me for eid. It's hard not being with them today...

Anyways, I'm just about to go pick the kids up from the bus stop and later will be taking them swimming with my MIL and SIL. Hopefully, we will get a break from thunderstorms today!

Hope everyone is having a good day! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

I'm glad everyone likes the idea.

I wanted to share with you all a crazy turn of events that happened with me today.

I went this morning to the EID prayers for the local Islamic Center. It was being held at the University in a large ballroom.

There was a camera crew there and one of the guys taking video I knew from college because we have the same degree and many classes together so I went up to say hello to him. Before I left I said goodbye to him and that it was nice to run into him. He said it was good to see me too and then asked me if I liked to edit for a job. I said sure I've been looking for work for 9 months now with no luck. He said I'm going to call this guy I know hiring and refer you. So we exchanged numbers and the next thing I know I get a call within minutes from the guy asking to meet me. I dropped Waleed off at the brunch at the Islamic Center and went in to the News Station and met with the guy. He showed me the entire studio and then proceeded to sit down and train me on their editing software. We had a really good time and it looks like a very good job prospect. He said I just have to fill out the application and send him a cover letter and resume and I should hear from him soon. So hopefully I might be a video editor soon for a local news station!

I hate to get my hopes up and say anything though about having a good job prospect and then be let down again.

Here's another funny thing - Waleed said "I can't believe Allah sends you a job the first time you do the prayers. This all happened because you went to the EID prayers this morning and did the motions of the prayer for the first time." I didn't know what I was doing but I just did what the others did. There were so many people there and they were being strict about the lines, ect. It was the most women and children I've ever seen there. He must have eyes in the back of his head to be able to see what I was doing because the women were behind the men. :lol:

I told Waleed that really Allah was blessing him and answering his prayers by sending his Wife a possible job so he could continue his studies to get his US medical licenses without worrying about getting work to support us. :D:P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I'm glad everyone likes the idea.

I wanted to share with you all a crazy turn of events that happened with me today.

I went this morning to the EID prayers for the local Islamic Center. It was being held at the University in a large ballroom.

There was a camera crew there and one of the guys taking video I knew from college because we have the same degree and many classes together so I went up to say hello to him. Before I left I said goodbye to him and that it was nice to run into him. He said it was good to see me too and then asked me if I liked to edit for a job. I said sure I've been looking for work for 9 months now with no luck. He said I'm going to call this guy I know hiring and refer you. So we exchanged numbers and the next thing I know I get a call within minutes from the guy asking to meet me. I dropped Waleed off at the brunch at the Islamic Center and went in to the News Station and met with the guy. He showed me the entire studio and then proceeded to sit down and train me on their editing software. We had a really good time and it looks like a very good job prospect. He said I just have to fill out the application and send him a cover letter and resume and I should hear from him soon. So hopefully I might be a video editor soon for a local news station!

I hate to get my hopes up and say anything though about having a good job prospect and then be let down again.

Here's another funny thing - Waleed said "I can't believe Allah sends you a job the first time you do the prayers. This all happened because you went to the EID prayers this morning and did the motions of the prayer for the first time." I didn't know what I was doing but I just did what the others did. There were so many people there and they were being strict about the lines, ect. It was the most women and children I've ever seen there. He must have eyes in the back of his head to be able to see what I was doing because the women were behind the men. :lol:

I told Waleed that really Allah was blessing him and answering his prayers by sending his Wife a possible job so he could continue his studies to get his US medical licenses without worrying about getting work to support us. :D:P

Wow Olivia, that's wonderful news... God is good... yayyyyyyyyy :dance::thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Oops i forgot, hello everyone Mandy, Aya, Jeanne, Andrea, R and F, if i forgot anyone please forgive me :unsure:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So happy for you, Olivia! :star:

Hi, Ms. Wonderful. :)

Good night everyone :dead:

lol

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Timeline

lolcatsdotcom6rodis9fofwh8y7e.jpg

Happy Saturday ya'll (F)

Olivia that is great news to read, good luck in securing this new job!

5 sleeps til AOS interview :huh: ....something new, they are asking for 4 months of cell phone records. I use Cricket and he also has a pay-as-we go phone....grrrr it's always something to worry about. I will be so glad when this is over. My roller coaster ride has gone on for almost 3 years and I'm ready to get off and be done. Pretty cool Olivia and I will be 'done' on the same day :)

Jax

(Happy Eid~Ramadan is Rama-done!)

Timeline

Good morning!

Great new Olivia! Sure hope you get this job!

Tammy, best of luck with your home! How exciting for you and Adam!

Not much going on here. Just a quiet day which is awesome!

Have a fantastic day and a great weekend everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

5 sleeps til AOS interview :huh: ....something new, they are asking for 4 months of cell phone records. I use Cricket and he also has a pay-as-we go phone....grrrr it's always something to worry about. I will be so glad when this is over. My roller coaster ride has gone on for almost 3 years and I'm ready to get off and be done. Pretty cool Olivia and I will be 'done' on the same day :)

Jax

(Happy Eid~Ramadan is Rama-done!)

wow. thats kind of scary!

good luck, Jackie!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.