Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone. It's supposed to be a nice weekend here.

My MIL left this week after being here for 5 months. We're trying to get readjusted again. I do already miss her cooking for sure!

Filed: Timeline

Good Morning mena. I think I will just take things slower now. I have court today about my kids so I think that has been adding to my stress level and that in turn has added to a really stressfull situation as it is. I know how it is going to go down so I am not so worried about court. But I am going to try to see if for the safety of my other 3 kids if my oldest son who is 6 can go to stay with his dad. Duas for me if you will. Please?

Liz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Took a little break last night and watched "The Informant" with Matt Damon. Good movie!

Oh, I want to see this. I love Matt Damon. I don't think I've ever seen a movie of his that I don't like. Oh wait, I take that back...there was that one where he was Greg Kinnear's siamese twin that was awful. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation - I'll probably rent that this weekend.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA!

I have been trying to catch up on reading since the last time I was on...(I don't even remember..:blush: )

Olivia Congrats on the job!! Well done Whoop Whoop Whoop! :thumbs: Even a foot in the door is so welcomed if it's in your career field!

BBangel(F) A dua for you! We are here for you!

Tamara~sorry about the house...the right one will come along, just don't give up!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Jeanne, we don't have much foliage changing here too...I am hoping some fall weather before Christmas at least!!!

Or just get rid of the darn humidity!!!! :angry:

I gave hubby a taste of his own medicine this morning... he is notorious for staying up all night and coming to bed within an hour of me having to get up for work and waking me up by talking or moving or doing something that wakes me up!

So after battling with him for an hour of Move Over, Give me back the blanket, or Get your leg off of me it weighs a ton! I finally got up and got in the shower.

As I was drying off I hear him in there snoring sooo loud that it could rattle the windows so I sneaked in there and jumped on the bed and started flip flopping around like a fish out of water!!:rofl:

Sneaking my cold hands under the blanket and putting them on his back, etc....(you get the picture!)

He bellows out my name and a few other choice words at me before he really woke up and realize that payback is a B****!

:yes: Well, let's see if he does it again!!!:lol:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine does the same thing on his days off, And_Sam. I mean the staying up most of the night watching TV or playing with the Xbox then coming to bed about an hour before I get up. My biggest thing is the smoking all night and the smell drifting into my bedroom and waking me up. Sucks. I can't breathe and I feel like getting up and cracking him over the head. :angry::dead:

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Mine does the same thing on his days off, And_Sam. I mean the staying up most of the night watching TV or playing with the Xbox then coming to bed about an hour before I get up. My biggest thing is the smoking all night and the smell drifting into my bedroom and waking me up. Sucks. I can't breathe and I feel like getting up and cracking him over the head. :angry::dead:

Ooohhhh I know this same feeling! Back in Georgia in our apartment,I have the no smoking in the house rule and when I fell asleep he would be smoking in the living room... Im a light sleeper so I could smell it in my sleep. I would jump out of bed so fast chasing him back outside and his excuse was there was oppossums outside or some lizard. I hate the smell of cigarettes and sure as heck dont need our house smelling like it or the cats having to breathe it in!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Bittersweet right Jenn? I think my MIL might be coming for the birth of our next baby. I would really prefer for it to be a few weeks after but we shall see. Im very unsure about the whole situation. Ahhhh Im sure ill be crying to you all for advice! lol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi Mena folks. Hope everyone's having a nice Friday.

Hachemi and I are going to Algeria for the month of November, Inshallah. I am so excited. It has been 4 years since he has seen his family. Hachemi has a baby niece that is about a year old. We cant wait to meet her. She is the first grandchild to his parents. I had applied for a visa about a week and a half ago and it came in the mail yesterday. I opened my passport and was surprised to see it was a 2 year family visa. I didnt even know that was available. It will be nice to travel together, and not have to leave him in Algeria like twice before.

Now I have to think about things to take to the family. It's going to be fun, I hope.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

Happy Friday MENA!!! Hello everyone :star: my aunt died last week and they are having her funeral tomorrow :crying: i took my oldest daughter to see her at the funeral home when there weren't a lot of people around.. she freaked out when i touched my aunts hair.. we had to leave.. i said to her when i die ya'll can just put me in a pine box and put a sheet up to my collarbone or cremate me.. don't spend all that money on a funeral.. keep it for yourselves.. you can take some of my ashes to Egypt or if i die when i'm in Egypt send some to America... only 2 things i worry about(besides this immigration mess) my family after i'm gone and where will i spend eternity(Heaven please Lord)... so i'm not afraid of dying... dying is the easy part.. living is another story :wacko:

Olivia, did you start the job yet.. I'm so glad you have a job in your field of study.. that's such a blessing :star: Tamara sorry the house thing fell through but God has something better :thumbs: Jeanne how are you :star:

Now Tamara, Andrea, and JVTA you should be ashamed of yourselves talking about these men as you do :innocent::rofl::bonk:

ok, ok :rofl: now Andrea you got him good :rofl::crying: (me crying on the floor laughing)...JVTA you wanted to crack him up side the head :rofl: Tamara, the oppossums part is funny, the smoking in the house IS NOT!!! habibi likes to hog the computer or hog the bathroom, stay on the phone all the time with his cousin and lots more.. so i used to tell him "i'm gone hit you in the head" all the time but of course i'm joking but he does make me mad enough to do it sometimes . but one day i said " i'm gone hit you in the head with a shoe" he said why you disrespect me like that.. i said what are you talking about i was kidding.. it wasn't until the Bush incident that i learned that.. i said oooooooooooohhhhhhh :unsure: i got the quote i'm gone hit you in the head(add shoe if you want to) from my former pastor :rofl:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Good morning! Happy Friday to all!

Wael is up to his eyeballs in midterms. Had his first one yesterday, 1 tomorrow, 4 next week and 1 Oct 7th.

Don't know how he does it taking 21 units. He's one who loves studying....love his motivation!

Took a little break last night and watched "The Informant" with Matt Damon. Good movie!

When I was shopping I picked up a new soup from pacific foods. It was their organic creamy tomato.

This soup was awesome! Very light and flavors that kept you wanting another spoonful!! I will try their

other brands especially the butternut squash. Get's me in the mood for fall! Really excellent soup. Hope you

will try it.

Enjoy your day!

Wish Wael well on his upcoming exams. I'm so glad those days are behind me right now. I don't know if I've seen that movie with Matt Damon. I'll have to keep it in mind. I enjot Pacific Foods Soups, especially the roasted tomato one and the butternut squash. I was surprised by the butternut squash soup when I first tried it because of how good it was.

Happy Friday everyone. It's supposed to be a nice weekend here.

My MIL left this week after being here for 5 months. We're trying to get readjusted again. I do already miss her cooking for sure!

Bittersweet right Jenn? I think my MIL might be coming for the birth of our next baby. I would really prefer for it to be a few weeks after but we shall see. Im very unsure about the whole situation. Ahhhh Im sure ill be crying to you all for advice! lol

Wow, Jenn your mother-in-law stayed with you for 5 months! How did you handle the communication? For me we don't speak a common language so I don't know how I'd handle it if mine came for that time but I know there were be a day. That must have been a very special time together. Sending you my best wishes for the readjustment.

Kelly you'll have to let us all know how it goes.

Good Morning mena. I think I will just take things slower now. I have court today about my kids so I think that has been adding to my stress level and that in turn has added to a really stressfull situation as it is. I know how it is going to go down so I am not so worried about court. But I am going to try to see if for the safety of my other 3 kids if my oldest son who is 6 can go to stay with his dad. Duas for me if you will. Please?

Sending you my best wishes Liz about the court case with the kids. I'm very sorry you are going through a stressful time right now. (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Oh, I want to see this. I love Matt Damon. I don't think I've ever seen a movie of his that I don't like. Oh wait, I take that back...there was that one where he was Greg Kinnear's siamese twin that was awful. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation - I'll probably rent that this weekend.

I remember that Siamese twin movie. It was kind of odd come to think of it, especially the ending and what they choose to do after everything they went through.

Good Morning MENA!

Olivia Congrats on the job!! Well done Whoop Whoop Whoop! :thumbs: Even a foot in the door is so welcomed if it's in your career field!

I gave hubby a taste of his own medicine this morning... he is notorious for staying up all night and coming to bed within an hour of me having to get up for work and waking me up by talking or moving or doing something that wakes me up!

So after battling with him for an hour of Move Over, Give me back the blanket, or Get your leg off of me it weighs a ton! I finally got up and got in the shower.

As I was drying off I hear him in there snoring sooo loud that it could rattle the windows so I sneaked in there and jumped on the bed and started flip flopping around like a fish out of water!!:rofl:

Sneaking my cold hands under the blanket and putting them on his back, etc....(you get the picture!)

He bellows out my name and a few other choice words at me before he really woke up and realize that payback is a B****!

:yes: Well, let's see if he does it again!!!:lol:

Ooohhhh I know this same feeling! Back in Georgia in our apartment,I have the no smoking in the house rule and when I fell asleep he would be smoking in the living room... Im a light sleeper so I could smell it in my sleep. I would jump out of bed so fast chasing him back outside and his excuse was there was oppossums outside or some lizard. I hate the smell of cigarettes and sure as heck dont need our house smelling like it or the cats having to breathe it in!

Thanks Andrea! I'm glad my job search is finally over. Funny story too. Whenever I decide to give dh a taste of his own medicine it backfires on me. blush.gif You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

Dh smokes here too but outside and the house is sealed pretty tight unless we leave a window open. Back in Egypt he'd smoke inside our apartment and even in his parents apartment when they weren't there even though he knew I didn't approve. He was supposed to quit smoking before we were married but that was nearly four years ago and it hasn't happened yet. If we didn't live where we live I think he might try to smoke inside as well though I wouldn't have it. I'd have to get on him about it. I do hope he does quit when the winter comes because he's going to be really cold outside smoking.

Hi Mena folks. Hope everyone's having a nice Friday.

Hachemi and I are going to Algeria for the month of November, Inshallah. I am so excited. It has been 4 years since he has seen his family. Hachemi has a baby niece that is about a year old. We cant wait to meet her. She is the first grandchild to his parents. I had applied for a visa about a week and a half ago and it came in the mail yesterday. I opened my passport and was surprised to see it was a 2 year family visa. I didnt even know that was available. It will be nice to travel together, and not have to leave him in Algeria like twice before.

Now I have to think about things to take to the family. It's going to be fun, I hope.

Meriem (F)

Congrats Meriem on the good news of the two year family visa! After waiting four years to go back it will be really fun visiting the new niece and seeing the family again. I'm really happy for you both!

Happy Friday MENA!!! Hello everyone :star: my aunt died last week and they are having her funeral tomorrow :crying: i took my oldest daughter to see her at the funeral home when there weren't a lot of people around.. she freaked out when i touched my aunts hair.. we had to leave.. i said to her when i die ya'll can just put me in a pine box and put a sheet up to my collarbone or cremate me.. don't spend all that money on a funeral.. keep it for yourselves.. you can take some of my ashes to Egypt or if i die when i'm in Egypt send some to America... only 2 things i worry about(besides this immigration mess) my family after i'm gone and where will i spend eternity(Heaven please Lord)... so i'm not afraid of dying... dying is the easy part.. living is another story :wacko:

Olivia, did you start the job yet.. I'm so glad you have a job in your field of study.. that's such a blessing :star:

I'm sorry for the loss of your Aunt Jenell. (F) Dh and I recently had the discussion about what to do with our bodies if we died in either country. He didn't feel comfortable having such a serious and morbid discussion but it was a "need to know situation" of what were our wishes.

To answer your question, I start my new job on Monday. I got a call from HR today to bring in the certain usual items they require for work here. Then they can get my email setup and I have an online orientation since headquarters are in Seattle.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Top o'the morning MENA peeps! At work and done with our major workload for the night. Now just gotta wait until 7am so I can go home! ugggg.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Beautiful morning to everyone! Happy Saturday!

Mornin' Amal!

Will do a little cleaning today. Not much else happening in our little world.

Enjoy your day and also your weekend!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Good Morning Mena Peeps! This is the last of my 3 days off, I'll be working 5 on then off for next 3 days of the weekend!

We bidded on a 3 bedroom 1bath, carport brick house yesterday. Down the street from my family and we found out the mayor of our city owns it! Sooooo, this might be the one for us! We are working on a loan that is 100% financing with 5% interest and no down payment required. This house is beautiful and plenty of space for us! Im really praying this is the one!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.