^_^

Burning the Quran

167 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

seems we used enough explosive weapons when we took over that country and when they retaliated we called them terrorist..we as a nation have developed more terrorist than any Muslim country has ever done. my point is that we as a nation have not changed that much when we decide that we are in the right (never mind if we are not) so if we want the respect of other nations we need to clean up our own back yard........we listened to one mans lies and killed and maimed so many innocent (muslims)and....destroyed a country to give them freedom they did not want then and do not want now......how have we changed so much from our ancestors? we are still making the same mistakes with other peoples life....as Muslims we love the Quran of course we dont want it burnt...... we do not mistreat or disrespect a christian bible we also dont set on this forum 24 hours a day condemning actions of Christan people......you never find the amount of anti Christan off topic threads that you do on Muslims here

just my opinion

sara

1. If your speaking of Iraq then you are clearly to young to remember what really happen when Sadaam invaded Quwait and the response of the world and the austricism he experinced from the Muslim countries when he did that.

2. War is War and it is never pretty if your son/daughter/brother/ssiter/mom/dad/you etc was sent there you would know your best chance of survival is to blast the opponent to oblivian before the invasion begins.

3. I agree there are or were current organizations that trained these people such as Osama; but it was under their own pretense they needed help fending off the communist and once they were gone they tuned on us.

4. Really what they do not want ...What they want is an extreme dictator that rapes/mutilates/kills on a wim/ethnically cleanses his country etc to control their lives. I think you are either listenign to extremists lving there or are blind; please understand the extremists

5. I am sure you are a great person as is Soff ( I do not know you but Soff is very polite and intelligent) the forums here are about discussing (some bashing gets in) issues we all see in the media daily. I welcome any actions so called christians take that could be construed as hate or teaching hate pleas epost them. As BY has stated we accpeted what we were doing as hate and made change and condemn so called christians for acting in hate towards soemone else.You do not find this is oftne the case with Muslims regarding Extremists; although there are a few.

6. In regard to the bible burning by muslims turn on the news. hate begets hate a visious cycle. You do not see Christians running out in publlic burnig images of the Iranina president or the Teachers fo Islam; do you? If you do I would tell them faces to face they are no Christian and need to turn to themselves and see the Sin and hate they are spreading.You will however find chractures depicting religeous or politcal icons and their views of what is going on but Muslims are not the only target of these cartoonists.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

After reading your assessment on the Iraq war I would have to strongly disagree with that sentence.

look saddam was one of the worst people in the world how ever he kept the country from exploding with a civil war....our occupation of iraq led to what is going on there now you have two separate sectors of Muslims fighting for their domination of the country

our interference has created a situation that has every iraq citizen in danger........

sara

Edited by sara.....

Timeline

look saddam was one of the worst people in the world how ever he kept the country from exploding with a civil war....our occupation of iraq led to what is going on there now you have two separate sectors of Muslims fighting for their domination of the country

our interference has created a situation that has every iraq citizen in danger........

sara

Actually our long lasting interference kept the other countries out of Iraq. where do you think the divide comes from?

BTW do not think I am denying our Givernment didn't have an agenda regardin the resources there.

But now that we are pulling out we will see how what happens.

Edited by evli1966

sara

If giving the people freedom causes a civil war then so be it but this story is a lot more complicated than that.

We believed that we were facing a serious threat and considering 9/11 we knew we couldn't wait for this ####### to come to our door anymore.

I like how you gloss over the fact that its mostly Muslims causing this chaos over there. These terrorist win when they get good Muslims like you hating our presence in Iraq more than the evil shite there doing.

sara

Torturing Muslims to death hardly amounts to a sound strategy of keeping peace. The group who had the power under Saddam, is now kicking and screaming and killing whoever they can to get it back.

Hundreds of thousand of American and coalition troops [many Christian] put their lives on the line [and still do] to protect the other Muslims. Which without a doubt proves this is not a war against Islam, rather it's a war against the fundamentalists within Islam; whom might I add, want and have killed Americans and tens of thousands of Muslims. It's not as if Bush just woke up and said lets borrow and spend $3 trillion on a religious war, but we cannot kill them all. A bit of rational thought goes a long way here.

What it comes down to is that the extremists are able to kill Muslims and then use it as propaganda against the west. Do you think the success of their propaganda has something to do with the blind following and defending we see on here?

Frankly, I think using our tax dollars to take resources we need from other nations is a good way to use our tax money. That is assuming, of course, that the resources are then divvied up among the American taxpayer.

The US borrowed $3 trillion for the war and didn't get a barrel of oil out of it.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

1. If your speaking of Iraq then you are clearly to young to remember what really happen when Sadaam invaded Quwait and the response of the world and the austricism he experinced from the Muslim countries when he did that.

I do remember reading about it and i am not in agreement with what he did at the time it was one of the most horrable crimes

against people that was ever done.

2. War is War and it is never pretty if your son/daughter/brother/ssiter/mom/dad/you etc was sent there you would know your best chance of survival is to blast the opponent to oblivian before the invasion begins.

We had no business going into iraq....

3. I agree there are or were current organizations that trained these people such as Osama; but it was under their own pretense they needed help fending off the communist and once they were gone they tuned on us.

4. Really what they do not want ...What they want is an extreme dictator that rapes/mutilates/kills on a wim/ethnically cleanses his country etc to control their lives. I think you are either listenign to extremists lving there or are blind; please understand the extremists

the problem with that statement is that if you look you will see that many not a lot but many of our own service men have done the same and it makes me sad that our countrymen have stooped that low.......and of course the extremist will focus on that to bring more into their fold

5. I am sure you are a great person as is Soff ( I do not know you but Soff is very polite and intelligent) the forums here are about discussing (some bashing gets in) issues we all see in the media daily. I welcome any actions so called christians take that could be construed as hate or teaching hate pleas epost them. As BY has stated we accpeted what we were doing as hate and made change and condemn so called christians for acting in hate towards soemone else.You do not find this is oftne the case with Muslims regarding Extremists; although there are a few.

you do not know me because mostly i am silent and stay off of off topic as it is useless to try to rationalize with most that are out to prove a point

6. In regard to the bible burning by muslims turn on the news. hate begets hate a visious cycle. You do not see Christians running out in publlic burnig images of the Iranina president or the Teachers fo Islam; do you? If you do I would tell them faces to face they are no Christian and need to turn to themselves and see the Sin and hate they are spreading.You will however find chractures depicting religeous or politcal icons and their views of what is going on but Muslims are not the only target of these cartoonists.

Most Muslims respect the Bible you will find bigots and irrational people in every religion if they truly believe and practice Islam they could not burn a bible........

the problem is not with Islam it is with the people that make a mockery of it

I agree that has happened it does not make it right......and there is no excuse for that type of behavior....i personally didnt like what was done with the cartoon but that does not mean that i agree with the reactions of the people that did protest so violently.........

Actually our long lasting interference kept the other countries out of Iraq. where do you think the divide comes from?

BTW do not think I am denying our Givernment didn't have an agenda regardin the resources there.

But now that we are pulling out we will see how what happens.

If by this you mean that the Gov. realized that we would probably have better oil ties I would have to agree. That said in no way did we the people authorize that war based on oil interests.

If we get better oil prices so what.

Timeline

If giving the people freedom causes a civil war then so be it but this story is a lot more complicated than that.

We believed that we were facing a serious threat and considering 9/11 we knew we couldn't wait for this ####### to come to our door anymore.

I like how you gloss over the fact that its mostly Muslims causing this chaos over there. These terrorist win when they get good Muslims like you hating our presence in Iraq more than the evil shite there doing.

I am not glossing over it but if we didnt go into iraq it would not be happening.........i also dont have the ability to hate the fact we are there but i do think that we as a nation didnt think it thru before we turned that country upside down.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sara

yes, saddam did keep that country in line. i personally saw former iraqi soldiers missing an ear. that missing ear meant they disobeyed an order. missing two ears, two orders. 3rd time they'd be missing a head.

i don't believe the ends justifies the means like that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Most Muslims respect the Bible you will find bigots and irrational people in every religion if they truly believe and practice Islam they could not burn a bible........

the problem is not with Islam it is with the people that make a mockery of it

I agree that has happened it does not make it right......and there is no excuse for that type of behavior....i personally didnt like what was done with the cartoon but that does not mean that i agree with the reactions of the people that did protest so violently.........

Your correct bigots every where ...we get called bigots because we do not agree with having illegals in this country, or do not agree with the Muslim agenda regarding the Mosque or the what we call babrbaric laws based on Islamic laws.

I have not heard any own here say they agree with the actions of the extremists but most people of the Islamic faith does not want to stand up and declare these extremist for what they are and how they hurt the Islamic faith. By standiing up I mean openly, publically and face to face.

If by this you mean that the Gov. realized that we would probably have better oil ties I would have to agree. That said in no way did we the people authorize that war based on oil interests.

If we get better oil prices so what.

Yes we say so what but having such agendas wether hidden or not demeanes the cause we were fighting for;IMO

He means the followers of Islam, the Muslimics.

Yes