^_^

Burning the Quran

167 posts in this topic

The American flag is burned here in America and abroad by protesters all the time. What are you talking about?

Yeah dude it is and it goes against everything most Americans stand for and there is always an outcry when it done.

Yeah dude it is and it goes against everything most Americans stand for and there is always an outcry when it done.

I would have to disagree on both of those counts.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1. Anything and everything offends Muslims.

2. Radical Muslims will continue to kill Muslims and non-Muslims, whether the Quran is burned or not.

3. It's in bad taste (but not illegal) to burn the Quran.

4. It's in bad taste (but not illegal) to build the Mosque so close to GZ.

5. And you're totally not prejudiced against and obsessed with Muslims are you.

No more than you're prejudiced against Israel and obsessed with pandering to Muslim sensitivities.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree it is most likely the immigrants or those living here with out truly understanding where their freedom comes from.

Outcry? A few pissed off talking heads on cable news is an outcry?

LOL you are funny and wrong.

Most people your age have listend so hard to the left wingers for the right to burn the flag as a 1st amendment right that they do not realize that the Founding Fathers who were for our feedoms would be there first to shoot someone that descrrated the flag.

I would have to disagree on both of those counts.

Why?

With that Said burning the Quran shows nothing but the stupidity of that Pastor and his church followers. Any staement it makes is nothing but hate which goes against what Jesus teaches. An act of hate such as this is Judging others so that they will be judged the same.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Assorted thoughts, in no particular order.

1. Isn't it normal for a country as large as this to have a lot of nutjobs? I'm not surprised some small church with a congregation of no more 50 wants to burn the Quran. What I'm surprised at is how their stature is being raised by the media. Why are we giving this tiny group of people more importance than their numbers warrant? It's almost as if we're addicted to outrage.
  2. Remember all the hoopla over the showing of an image of their "Prophet"? We mustn't do it because it would offend them, said the media. Even Comedy Central backed down. Everyone was too scared of what "they" would do. Everyone knows "they" have an anger problem, they said. So how is this any different? Once again, someone in the West is threatening to do something our societies allow them to do but would offend them. And once again, we're being told that if we do it, "they" (the angry ones) will lose their freakin' minds and start blowin' s h i t up. I'm the first to admit that it's not nice to offend people, but wait a minute... is it suddenly ok to blow things up because your feelings were hurt? Why isn't that seen as a testament to how nutty the angry ones are?
  3. My prediction for how this pans out: they start burning, Gainesville fire people show up and put it out and everyone goes home.

I agree with your thoughts.

More thoughts I have are:

As a Christian I think the church is being idiotic.

I think some posts on here and everywhere are much too PC and fake.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
...the Founding Fathers who were for our feedoms would be there first to shoot someone that descrrated the flag.

First, provide evidence. Your feeling is not evidence.

Second, burning of the US flag does happen a lot and our society as a whole doesn't descend into a frothing-at-the-mouth insanity as a result.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here's the Afghan reaction to this (who knew the cave people follow our news media?)

539w.jpg

"Hundreds of Afghans shouted anti-American slogans and called for President Obama’s death

at a rally yesterday to denounce an American church’s plans to burn the Islamic holy book

to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

We know this is not just the decision of a church. It is the decision of the president

and the entire United States,’’ said Abdul Shakoor, 18, a high school student who said he

joined the protest in Kabul after hearing about the Koran burning.

link

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Here's the Afghan reaction to this (who knew the cave people follow our news media?)

539w.jpg

"Hundreds of Afghans shouted anti-American slogans and called for President Obama’s death

at a rally yesterday to denounce an American church’s plans to burn the Islamic holy book

to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

We know this is not just the decision of a church. It is the decision of the president

and the entire United States,’’ said Abdul Shakoor, 18, a high school student who said he

joined the protest in Kabul after hearing about the Koran burning.

link

Los-Angeles-riots_2010-NBA-Finals.jpg

Rioters protest at LA Lakers after game

italy_football_riots_14295a.jpg

Italians riot after game

54401471.jpg

More rioting in LA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, provide evidence. Your feeling is not evidence.

Second, burning of the US flag does happen a lot and our society as a whole doesn't descend into a frothing-at-the-mouth insanity as a result.

Why dont you just use your magic time machine and go back there and burn one and see what happens?

All you have to do is go back to 1792 the year after it was ratified go to the capital and burn the flag right there and demand you are excericising your right to freedom of speech.

We could pose this question to historians and see what they say but you and I already know that outcome dont we?

But what does happen is if anyone mentions hey maybe you shouldnt do that or questions why, the ones who are thinking they are making a statement by burning go into a frenzy about it is my right.

I think the next war, battle etc we should just throw those flag burners out there and let them fight for that right. Some will because they did it before but most will ####### their pants and cower in fear for their lives or cry for their mothers.

Edited by evli1966