^_^

Burning the Quran

167 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder how many people will die in reprisals for the burning of Korans by a very small and previously unknown church congregation?

Any guesses?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not to get completely off topic, but lets also turn the tables here. America was attacked by people claiming that it was an attack in the name of Islam, how many people have died because America was attacked? Here this guy is attacking a faith and people want vengence when they feel attacked.

Not saying that it's the right thing to do or the right feeling to have but it will probably happen. It's horrible that innocent people often bear the brunt of ignorant people's mistakes or lack in judgement. This guy is just as much of an extremist as Bin Laden is. I feel for all of us moderate Americans who whether religious or not realize that burning someone's holy book is probably not the thing to do on a Friday night. We're going to take the heat for this idiot. I hope that we see many people gathering at inter-faith and peace rallies this 9/11.

Filed: Timeline

Not to get completely off topic, but lets also turn the tables here. America was attacked by people claiming that it was an attack in the name of Islam, how many people have died because America was attacked?

It's a fair point. Did America overreact after 9/11 is a legitimate question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Awwe come on... does the B.S. ever stop?

The Bottom line is, The ground Zero crowd was backed up by the powers that be, they have their permits .

This Lone preacher is having trouble even getting a get a simple burn permit.

Where are his defenders?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Awwe come on... does the B.S. ever stop?

The Bottom line is, The ground Zero crowd was backed up by the powers that be, they have their permits .

This Lone preacher is having trouble even getting a get a simple burn permit.

Where are his defenders?

Who cares.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Why do you think that?

I think most Muslims could probably not care less. The media in Muslim countries does as good a job as ours does at manipulating the public into frenzied outrage.

I'm a Muslim who couldn't care less if those wack jobs burn Qurans. They're probably those distorted Saudi "Qurans" that they give away free. I'd like to burn a few of those myself.

It's a fact that more non-Muslims spend time negatively pontificating about what their fictionalized "Muslims" think, feel and do than there are Muslims who give a sh!t what they say anyway.

I'm a Muslim who couldn't care less if those wack jobs burn Qurans. They're probably those distorted Saudi "Qurans" that they give away free. I'd like to burn a few of those myself.

It's a fact that more non-Muslims spend time negatively pontificating about what their fictionalized "Muslims" think, feel and do than there are Muslims who give a sh!t what they say anyway.

Are you living in fantasy land? A mere cartoon resulted in days of civil unrest and death threats.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is burning the koran the same level of disrespect as drawing a cartoon depicting muhammad in a negative light? I would think that the burning of the koran would be a more egregious act, but that's my opinion. Anyone who actually knows care to weigh in?

Filed: Timeline

Is burning the koran the same level of disrespect as drawing a cartoon depicting muhammad in a negative light? I would think that the burning of the koran would be a more egregious act, but that's my opinion. Anyone who actually knows care to weigh in?

The parallel was drawn to point out that both acts are legal in a free society and neither act can really be called violent. And yet, with the cartoon, we were told we should be scared of how "the angry ones" would react. We were told we shouldn't do it because the little crazy retarded babies are going to lose their minds and huff and puff blowwwww everything up. And now, we're hearing more of the same.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The Quran is not a book; it's a Message. It wasn't even written down until long after the death of the Prophet Muhammad. It can't be burned.

I actually feel bad for the loss of life this act is going to bring forth. I understand people are still bitter about 9/11, hell fire thousands of lives were lost, but thousands more could be lost if this dude in FL decides he wants to be an idiot. Look how the US reacts if you burn their flag, they spit their dummy out. How many flags, how many American service men/women and contractors are going to die because one american dufus chose to burn the book of Allah. Seriously this country needs to get a grip, burning that book will only bring more bloodshed on both sides. Have your protests and your hissy fits, but burning a book is just silly, religious book or otherwise.