StacyandPeter

Police Certificates?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

We are getting everything ready for the NVC process right now. We have basically everything ready (documents) but I missed the part on police certificates??

What does my husband do to get these as quick as possible. Also, he moved from Calgary to Niagara Falls this past year...does he need a report from both locations??

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He needs to go to the local police station ( if hes still in canada ) have them do a canada wide name check only took a few seconds and Payed 40$ to walk out with the sheet of paper saying NO RECORD with a police special stamp on it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Before you go to the local police station I suggest you call to see if they do this service at that particular station. I know for us we went to a large police station near my home (Mississauga) and then were re-directed to another station in Brampton (30min or so away from where we were) and that the "records check" closed I believe at 2pm or so during the day..but yes it only took about 5-10min and it was about $45.

He will have to list both addresses on the form for the police clearance. I went to the local RCMP office and had mine done. I also had the sex offender one done because they asked if I needed it and I wasn't sure. I did not have to pay for either one, and they gave me 3 certified copies.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My Canadian fiance spent 3 years living in the USA for school (where we met). Does she need police records from the USA as well? She read it was not required for the USA, maybe because they already do a background check on both of us? If anyone knows for sure please let us know. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm curious about this too. My fiance went to college for two years in a not very developed part of Pakistan. What if they have no police record of his dorm stay? Is this only going back like 5 years? because then it would be okay. Would a letter from his two universities suffice or mail with his name and address on it suffice instead? Sorry for jumping on your post with more questions!

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Police certificates from every place they lived for more than 6 months since age 16 is what my sheet said.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone:

I lived in Hongkong for 1 year and now the US embassy is asking me police clearance from Hongkong, when I checked the requirements of Hongkong it said there that they need letter from US embassy with the checklist that they need police clearance from them. Now my question is can I send them the notice from US embassy to me together with the other requirements or I will request a letter of request first from US embassy? PLEASE HELP... thank you and GOD bless...

You don't get police certificates for time spent in the US, because the US embassy has access to US police records and they'll look for themselves.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.