mtlgato

questions re: medical

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, how long are the results of the medical exam considered valid? And, if I do the medical now--while I'm pregnant--but end up missing my actual interview appointment (which I might, because I might be DELIEVERING MY BABY on or around the interview date) and then doing the interview post-pregnancy, will the results still be valid (provided, of course, that Mtl. EVER rescheules me, and provided the expiry date for the medical hasn't passed)? Will I have to get the Xray and the MMR shot (which are things you are exempt from when pregnant) and have those added to the file? Or would I have to have a complete re-do of the medical.

Just trying to figure out whether it's worth my while to book the medical now or not, given my low chance of actually making it to the interview :( :( :(

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I-693, unless things have changed recently, should be valid for 12 months. The validity period should be listed on either the website, the form, or even both. I do know it is mentioned but cannot explicitly recall where offhand.

Unfortunately, I cannot help with your other questions.

Timeline

Hey MTL Send the medical Place an email or give them a quick call. I think the medical is good for a year too, but you might need to get the MMR after you give birth. Give them a shout and I am sure they will be able to give you all the information you are seeking :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Medicals for immigration purposes are usually good for one year, or at least uscis says they are. AS for the shots you cannot get now, they will just have to be done later along with the AOS paperwork. That should not be a problem. Anything that could not be done for the medical while your pregnant can be done after the fact you will just have to have an i-693 filled out for the extra stuff.

HWDWm6.png

Yep - one year - unless they find something that needs attention, they can make them expire sooner.

(that could affect the visa expiration date in some cases)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since Montreal takes so long and because you are unsure if you can make it to the interview i would wait till you know your actual interview date...unless you already know that? Then, to make it be valid the longest possible IN CASE you have to cancel last minute I would get it done within a week or two of the actualy interview date.

Timeline

Medicals for immigration purposes are usually good for one year, or at least uscis says they are. AS for the shots you cannot get now, they will just have to be done later along with the AOS paperwork. That should not be a problem. Anything that could not be done for the medical while your pregnant can be done after the fact you will just have to have an i-693 filled out for the extra stuff.

CR-1 doesnt AOS they just ROC if they get the 2 year card.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Since Montreal takes so long and because you are unsure if you can make it to the interview i would wait till you know your actual interview date...unless you already know that? Then, to make it be valid the longest possible IN CASE you have to cancel last minute I would get it done within a week or two of the actualy interview date.

I agree. I have an interview date of October 8, but I have a baby due date of October 3rd. I of course don't know the date I'd get if I have to reschedule. I'm thinking of booking the medical for something like Sept. 29...and if the baby's not there at that point I'll probably cancel both the medical and the immigration interview.

Timeline

If you have the baby before the interview you will need to supply updated I-864 forms with the baby included on them as a house hold member and then must make the correct 125% of the poverty line with the extra person(baby).

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

If you have the baby before the interview you will need to supply updated I-864 forms with the baby included on them as a house hold member and then must make the correct 125% of the poverty line with the extra person(baby).

Well, that's a minor inconvenience, but we'll still be fine, as far as the income guidelines go.

That's really the least of my worries right now. But thanks for the reminder.

C.

Timeline

Yeah, I dont understand why you dont just talk to your doctor about inducing you a little early.

Lots of women do that with no problems.

I mean you got through all this, why cancel and delay the process more?

<3 FireRay's Wifey. <3

11-??-2005 : Met Ray in EverQuest2

USCIS
12-26-2009 : Marriage
1-07-2010 : Filed I-130
1-08-2010 : Package Recieved
1-12-2010 : NOA1
3-12-2010 : NOA2
*I-130 was approved in 59 days from NOA1 date.*

NVC
3-19-2010 : NVC Recieved. Case # Assigned
3-22-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator
3-25-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill
3-25-2010 : Applied for EP/DS-3032 e-mailed
3-25-2010 : Pay AOS Bill Online
4-04-2010 : E-mailed I-864
4-08-2010 : EP Accepted/Paid IV Bill
4-12-2010 : E-mailed DS-230
4-16-2010 : All documents accepted at NVC
4-22-2010 : Log in Fail!!
*NVC stage completed in 34 days.*

7-21-2010 : Medical in Toronto
7-26-2010 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
7-28-2010 : Visa received in the mail
8-18-2010 : POE - Ambassador Bridge
9-23-2010 : 2yr Green Card arrived
2-11-2011 : SSN arrived
8-18-2012 : Approx date of removal of conditions

06-2012 : Removal of conditions sent

03-18-12 : 10 year Green Card received!!

Timeline

Because she is not most women. There are horror stories to everything and from what I can tell she doesn't want to risk any complications just because montreal is slow and mtl didn't think of her.she may have the baby before hand who knows seems like she wants to see what happens. :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Yeah, I dont understand why you dont just talk to your doctor about inducing you a little early.

Lots of women do that with no problems.

I mean you got through all this, why cancel and delay the process more?

I'm very offended by your post. Who are you to give me medical advice? You come across as rude and contemptuous. I've commented elsewhere on the risks of induction, but frankly have no energy to repeat myself here for your benefit.

C.

Timeline

Not that anyone asked my opinion, but I think your priorities are in the right place mtl. The baby is always the number one priority. Possible health complications and harm to the little one are absolutely not worth it. I really hope the timing of everything works out for you, because this is a really unfair position to be in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.