Sebas&Lily

Tourist visa extension question

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

you guys are both right, there has been plenty instances when an immigration officer at a USCIS office has been wrong because ultimately, they do not make the bigger decisions. It's just like buying a car through your bank, the teller can tell you all kinds of things about the loan you will get but until the underwriter (the person you will probably never meet) makes their decision, things can go in many directions :)

Thank you all for the information and for sharing your experiences, our cousin has left this morning to be in the arms of her husband back home again :D

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

I would appreciate if anyone can give an info or advice ...

I am on tourist visa in USA.

My I130 (permanent resident for wife)is approved but it is still long time to wait to immigrate here.

I would like to extend my visit so I can spend more time with my husband. I was thinking to apply to extend visitor visa.

Is having I 130 problem when it comes to extension? I didn't have any problems with entrance to the USA or previous visits.

What are the common reasons that are written on this kind of applications? I saw someone was approved for wanting to visit family on east cost of the country....

An how much all this process costs?

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1338569620[/url]' post='5412599']

I would appreciate if anyone can give an info or advice ...

I am on tourist visa in USA.

My I130 (permanent resident for wife)is approved but it is still long time to wait to immigrate here.

I would like to extend my visit so I can spend more time with my husband. I was thinking to apply to extend visitor visa.

Is having I 130 problem when it comes to extension? I didn't have any problems with entrance to the USA or previous visits.

What are the common reasons that are written on this kind of applications? I saw someone was approved for wanting to visit family on east cost of the country....

An how much all this process costs?

Thanks!

Freesia you can request an extension by filing form I-539 and paying a fee of USD 290.00

You can download the form directly at www.uscis.gov and search for 'Form I-539' or you can file your extension electronically at the same site.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Freesia you can request an extension by filing form I-539 and paying a fee of USD 290.00

You can download the form directly at www.uscis.gov and search for 'Form I-539' or you can file your extension electronically at the same site.

Good luck!

Thanks and what do you think would be a good reason to state for extension?

So I130 approved is not a problem?

Thank youuuuu :)

Timeline
1338571111[/url]' post='5412649']

Thanks and what do you think would be a good reason to state for extension?

So I130 approved is not a problem?

Thank youuuuu :)

No other reason would be better than the real reason:to spend more time with your husband. Nothing is more compelling than the truth when it comes to immigration. After all you are in the process of getting your residence so be 100% upfront and honest .

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

No other reason would be better than the real reason:to spend more time with your husband. Nothing is more compelling than the truth when it comes to immigration. After all you are in the process of getting your residence so be 100% upfront and honest .

Thanks, I thought of it but I am just sooo scared of all of this administration and different advices...

Thanks a lot.. :)

Timeline
1338571730[/url]' post='5412665']

Thanks, I thought of it but I am just sooo scared of all of this administration and different advices...

Thanks a lot.. :)

I hear you! Yu really do not have a choice. If you ask for an extension and it is denied then you will have to leave otherwise it may end up affecting your green card application. If they allow you to stay longer, than you are better served by them knowing full well why you are staying because that will also be appended to your immigration file.

You may hear a lot of horror stories about immigration, but the truth remains that if you are legit you have nothing to fear.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

I don't imagine she told the VO in Bucharest that she planned to be a 'tourist' for nearly a year....if USCIS declines her extension, her visa may well be void...and then, when she goes to apply for another one, the VO will call up her application and likely note that she wrote in the part about 'how long do you plan to stay?'....something like 2 weeks or one month, the VO will instantly wonder what occupied her free time for all those months...and tourism won't be high on that list....things like childcare or other low skilled labor will be more likely...and then they will wonder about all those compelling reasons she gave as to why she could only stay 2 weeks or a month (she did not tell them she was going to stay six months, since few Romanians get six month paid vacations)...and thus, her credibility will start to evaporate...and one other thing...the VOs now have access to entry/exit records and will be able to tell how long she stayed...which could result in a phone call from the embassy asking her to come in 'for a chat.' :bonk:

Timeline

I don't imagine she told the VO in Bucharest that she planned to be a 'tourist' for nearly a year....if USCIS declines her extension, her visa may well be void...and then, when she goes to apply for another one, the VO will call up her application and likely note that she wrote in the part about 'how long do you plan to stay?'....something like 2 weeks or one month, the VO will instantly wonder what occupied her free time for all those months...and tourism won't be high on that list....things like childcare or other low skilled labor will be more likely...and then they will wonder about all those compelling reasons she gave as to why she could only stay 2 weeks or a month (she did not tell them she was going to stay six months, since few Romanians get six month paid vacations)...and thus, her credibility will start to evaporate...and one other thing...the VOs now have access to entry/exit records and will be able to tell how long she stayed...which could result in a phone call from the embassy asking her to come in 'for a chat.' :bonk:

If you are referring to my post, I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina so US Embassy is in Sarajevo.

I already traveled with my visa (it is for 10 years valid and I got it few years ago) so I never had any problems with it. I never extended, never overstayed... I am not trouble maker :).

I am really just visiting my husband not working or doing anything else. My immigration process is on its half way...application I130 is approved, so I have to wait now... I wanted to spend that time that I am suppose to wait at home with my hubby since I am already hear...

I think I will apply for extension, have nothing to lose except $300. My visa, I think , will not be revoked as I will leave if I am not approved for extension as it is scheduled...

Of course thanks for all suggestions and comments... They are still welcome...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I see no harm in the techniques as long as you do not intend attempting a B2 entry any time soon.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

3 or 4 months?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is an old thread and the op has not been online for several months. should one need information from the op concerning this thread, it may be best to try the pm function.
as this thread is old, it is now locked

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.