Abused Wife

Abused and deserted wife

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I guess because I mentioned him by name instead of doing it in a roundabout way.

Gotcha. Well, I'm eagerly awating the OP's response, so that we can assist further.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gotcha. Well, I'm eagerly awating the OP's response, so that we can assist further.

I thought about it the moment I read the details of the first post.

Could that be the reason she's no longer pure?

I do not know how we can help, but I am afraid that this will turn into a case of he-said/she-said. I do not like it when people (petitioners and beneficiaries alike) abuse the system...

...not that this is the case here, but it makes me wonder.

Sorry that I could not be of help ... at least until there is clear evidence showing that the only option is to stay in the USA.

Edited by clueless_in_usa

Filed: Timeline

Forgive me if this seems like an odd question, but are you very allergic to cats? And by any chance have you been working as a dancer? Others may see where I am going with this...

Sorry for late response, as I do not have internet connection where i am staying. I have to find a place to use internet

I am not sure why you want to know this information. What linkage are you guys talking about? I like to keep my profession secret as I don't think it is related to what I am asking help for. I don't want people to pass judgement on me based on my profession. I do not like any animals, including cats.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Abused wife.......unless you have serious proof that you were abused you will have no luck filing a VAWA. By proof I mean police reports. You can make all the allegations you want but unless you can prove they are true it will just come across as someone who came to the US for a green card and not for marriage.

Since your AOS (green card) was denied due to the sponsor (your husband) withdrawing the affidavit of support even if you had received an EAD (employment authorization document) it is now not valid. Therefore we are concerned as to how you are supporting yourself since you cannot legally work in the US. There are a lot of people who will take advantage of a non-immigrant working illegally, for example not paying them, paying them less than minimum wage, etc.

Since you cannot obtain a green card here or work here legally I don't see what you mean by leaving the US not being an option. How do you plan to spend the rest of your life, working illegally and constantly looking over your shoulder for the immigration police to arrest you? Life in the Ukraine could not be any worse than what you would be looking at if you remain here with no status.

Edited by belinda63

Abused wife.......unless you have serious proof that you were abused you will have no luck filing a VAWA. By proof I mean police reports. You can make all the allegations you want but unless you can prove they are true it will just come across as someone who came to the US for a green card and not for marriage.

Since your AOS (green card) was denied due to the sponsor (your husband) withdrawing the affidavit of support even if you had received an EAD (employment authorization document) it is now not valid. Therefore we are concerned as to how you are supporting yourself since you cannot legally work in the US. There are a lot of people who will take advantage of a non-immigrant working illegally, for example not paying them, paying them less than minimum wage, etc.

Since you cannot obtain a green card here or work here legally I don't see what you mean by leaving the US not being an option. How do you plan to spend the rest of your life, working illegally and constantly looking over your shoulder for the immigration police to arrest you? Life in the Ukraine could not be any worse than what you would be looking at if you remain here with no status.

Thank you for your candid response.

I understand that path head of me is tough one. But I do not have any choice but to fight on and see what happens. I think couseling is helping as well.

Any other suggestion is also appreciated.

Forgive me if this seems like an odd question, but are you very allergic to cats? And by any chance have you been working as a dancer? Others may see where I am going with this...

I have to say this was my first inclination as well....

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I have to say this was my first inclination as well....

Glad I'm not alone in seeing the possible connection after reading this... Does sound like we might be seeing the other side of that coin.

@OP, doesn't sound like you have any real claim of VAWA here...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for your candid response.

I understand that path head of me is tough one. But I do not have any choice but to fight on and see what happens. I think couseling is helping as well.

Any other suggestion is also appreciated.

I think you are setting yourself up for a potential deportation. You have not displayed any information that strengthens your argument to stay in the USA. My question to VJ members, wouldn't she be banned for a period of time from the USA if deported?

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The OP has been identified as a duplicate account of a member banned earlier for trolling. The account has been closed and now this thread is also closed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.