Abused Wife

Abused and deserted wife

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am from Ukraine and I recently came to US on K1 visa in beginning of this year. I got married within 90 days, and we filed for AOS. However, my husband was always hungry was intimate relation with different girls and he started to see another girl. He soon lost interest in me and our relation did not work out. He withdrew my AOS and kicked me out of the house.

My husband also had ex-wife from ukraine, which he divorced not too long before we met. His previous marriage lasted only 6 months, but her previous wife got the greencard. After we met in a "tour", he was so loving. He won me over and convinced me to go to USA with him. I left behind my family and career in Ukraine to come to USA. Soon after my arrival, he began to loose interest. I think he was looking for more variety, and started seeing other girls. He even had other foreigners from Ukraine in his house with I was there. I am not sure about their relations.

One day we had big fight about his extra marital affair, and I left the apartment. He soon withdrew my AOS. He recently filed for divorce as well. After coming to US, he has emotionally drained me becuase of his behavior. Now, he filed divorce and trying to ship me off to Ukraine. I am in touch with his ex-wife, and she tells me that she had exactly same thing happened to her. We are in contact to give each other support. He even never provided me with AOS paperwork. I am trying to obtain that information.

What are my options? Going back to ukraine is not really an option anymore for me. Is VAWA viable option? His ex-wife is willing to support me in whatever way she can. Please help me.

Edited by Abused Wife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what city are you in ? what was your career in Ukraine?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Despite the odds against it, we are to assume it is not a troll.

Going back to ukraine is not really an option anymore for me.

Yes it is. Not one you prefer, but it is what the law requires so it is hard to claim the legal requirement is "not an option". If you gave a reason like political persecution or something the law provides exceptions for, then it might be possible. But you explained nothing, and in fact you made it sound like family and career are waiting for you there when you return.

Is VAWA viable option?

You have alleged no abuse. So it is not a legal option.

His ex-wife is willing to support me in whatever way she can. Please help me.

Nothing you said indicates abuse for her either so she isn't much help. You have not gotten an adjustment of status so you are out of status and need to go back to Ukraine. Model Mayhem is a good place to post professional modeling photos, in the wildly off-chance possibility you are a model, and it can get you assignments in places like Sardegnia Island Italy. So going back to Ukraine does not at all close off international exposure or travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Why is returning to the Ukraine not an option? I am sure your family will be supportive if the problem with the marriage was not your fault and it doesn't sound like working was a problem for you. If you have no place to live and no job here (as you cannot legally work without an employment authorization which you don't have) then what is holding you here?

Filed: Timeline

I am currently in New York. Why does my career in Ukraine matter?

When I had leave his apartment because he was pushing and shoving, and even slapped me, I felt threatened for my safetly and decided to leave. I have witness that saw this and is willing to help me. I was abused by this guy badly. This is just one of the example. It became too much at this point.

Emotional abuse was even more severe. I am currently seeing psychiatrist and undergoing treatment. I am truely regretting my encounter with this guy.

And I can't go to ukraine because I am not pure anymore. I feel ashamed going back to my family.

Can I get some helpful responses please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

And I can't go to ukraine because I am not pure anymore. I feel ashamed going back to my family.

Ukraine is a big place, so if you go back to your prior career, I feel certain you not need to live with your family. You not need to mention any 'pure/not pure' to family, as well. Later, once you are settled in new domicile in Ukraine, back at your old career, you should tell your parents, and I'm certain they'll understand.

IMO, you are dangerously close to an 'overstay' , and if it's 180 days past the I-94 expiration date, you need to leave or be subject to deportation hearing, which will always mess you up, later.

If you truly not want to go back to Ukraine, then I suggest -

--Australia

--New Zealand

--Italy

--Portugal

--Malaysia

--Singapore

as it's possible to get a work permit in all of these places.

As to 'proving up abuse' - I think it will be difficult so to do, as there are not any police reports...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Several posts containing Off Topic type of comment have been removed. This is not Off Topic but the immigration forums so please conduct yourselves accordingly. If you have nothing constructive to add to the topic of discussion, then please do not add anything at all.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

All you can do is try and file for a protection order and take your chances with a VAWA case.

As there is no police report filed your chances of having a judge grant a permanent protection order for 1 year are slim.

You can also hope that Obama grants ammesty to immigrants, but I don't think he will until late 2011.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ukraine is a big place, so if you go back to your prior career, I feel certain you not need to live with your family. You not need to mention any 'pure/not pure' to family, as well. Later, once you are settled in new domicile in Ukraine, back at your old career, you should tell your parents, and I'm certain they'll understand.

IMO, you are dangerously close to an 'overstay' , and if it's 180 days past the I-94 expiration date, you need to leave or be subject to deportation hearing, which will always mess you up, later.

If you truly not want to go back to Ukraine, then I suggest -

--Australia

--New Zealand

--Italy

--Portugal

--Malaysia

--Singapore

as it's possible to get a work permit in all of these places.

As to 'proving up abuse' - I think it will be difficult so to do, as there are not any police reports...

I agree with Darnell. You do not show any real reason for not going back to the Ukraine other than being "unpure". If you had a career, your chances of regaining the same position (or one that is similar) is favorable. If not, going elsewhere might be for the best. The longer you stay, the closer you are to deportation.

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry this had happened to you. If he was pushing and shoving you the first thing you should've done was filed a report with the police so the abuse was on record and perhaps there COULD'VE been a way. If there is nothing tying you to the States and the only reason you came here was for him, the best bet is to return to Ukraine. I'm sure your career AND family are waiting for you.

Together since 5-23-2002

Engaged 8-27-2008

Married 1-1-2010

Process began 9-1-2010

In my arms 2-28-2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Forgive me if this seems like an odd question, but are you very allergic to cats? And by any chance have you been working as a dancer? Others may see where I am going with this...

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Forgive me if this seems like an odd question, but are you very allergic to cats? And by any chance have you been working as a dancer? Others may see where I am going with this...

Laugh. I mentioned that in an earlier post and a mod deleted it. I suspect this post will also be deleted as it is deemed "inappropriate"

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Laugh. I mentioned that in an earlier post and a mod deleted it. I suspect this post will also be deleted as it is deemed "inappropriate"

That's odd. I don't see anything inappropriate about it...just trying to gather more background information from the OP since her case seems eerily similar to one we all know well. If a linkage is made, it would clearly help us better understand the OP's situation and provide the best advice to her.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's odd. I don't see anything inappropriate about it...just trying to gather more background information from the OP since her case seems eerily similar to one we all know well. If a linkage is made, it would clearly help us better understand the OP's situation and provide the best advice to her.

I guess because I mentioned him by name instead of doing it in a roundabout way.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.