Faby

SIF & Case Complete!! =)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I spoke to the NVC and they told me that my case was completed (yesterday) August 31st (it only took them 3 weeks, not 6-8 like they say :) ), and they also told me that they schedule interviews the 2nd week of each month so to call back the 3rd week of september to see if i have an interview in October.

Does anyone know what am i supposed to do next? Do i just wait for an interview? Does he go get his medical exam done or wait for the interview letter first?

If you are from Guayaquil-Ecuador or have a case there.. do you have an idea how long does it usually take for them to assign an interview date??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats on case complete! Unfortunately, yes, you wait. NVC lies! They schedule interviews through out the whole month not just the second week like we are all told. They have already started scheduling for the month of October. If you look at some of the statuses you will see this. Call NVC back on Friday to see if they have you scheduled yet. Then if not call again next week. No one knows how long it will take for any of us to get interviews. Some wait a day or two, others, may take weeks, or months. Go look at your country's portal and go by the dates on there. I looked and by the dates given on there, it looks like you should have October interview, but again, it all depends on the capacity of the Embassy. I wish you luck.

Timeline

Congrats on case complete! Unfortunately, yes, you wait. NVC lies! They schedule interviews through out the whole month not just the second week like we are all told. They have already started scheduling for the month of October. If you look at some of the statuses you will see this. Call NVC back on Friday to see if they have you scheduled yet. Then if not call again next week. No one knows how long it will take for any of us to get interviews. Some wait a day or two, others, may take weeks, or months. Go look at your country's portal and go by the dates on there. I looked and by the dates given on there, it looks like you should have October interview, but again, it all depends on the capacity of the Embassy. I wish you luck.

Thanks a lot for all the information ;)

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES!! :thumbs:

Thank you! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

(I just wrote a long response that the machine ate, si man.)

If CR-1 is like K-1, you can e-mail the Immigrant Visa unit at the Guayaquil consulate to learn whether they've received it. Then, without waiting, download Packet 4 from their website. (The consulate will mail the packet so that it arrives weeks late, & it will include outdated information about physicians & other matters.)

For an interview day/time, you'll have to call the $12 PIN line, which is staffed by evil chicas who almost certainly earn commissions for how many times they can get you to call back. If you perceive that this is happening, cut them short, take names, & insist on speaking with a supervisor.

1. If you haven't, you must read the Embassy Info, Embassy Reviews, & the entire thread "US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador" (Consulate/Embassy forum), paying attention to the WORST of the stories.

2. It's mandatory for husband & wife to attend the interview.

3. Be in Guayaquil at least a full day ahead of the "set" interview day. The consulate is known for phoning the beneficiary on an hour's notice to reschedule appointments for earlier, "or else."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

If CR-1 is like K-1, you can e-mail the Immigrant Visa unit at the Guayaquil consulate to learn whether they've received it. Then, without waiting, download Packet 4 from their website. (The consulate will mail the packet so that it arrives weeks late, & it will include outdated information about physicians & other matters.)

For an interview day/time, you'll have to call the $12 PIN line, which is staffed by evil chicas who almost certainly earn commissions for how many times they can get you to call back. If you perceive that this is happening, cut them short, take names, & insist on speaking with a supervisor.

1. If you haven't, you must read the Embassy Info, Embassy Reviews, & the entire thread "US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador" (Consulate/Embassy forum), paying attention to the WORST of the stories.

3. Be in Guayaquil at least a full day ahead of the "set" interview day. The consulate is known for phoning the beneficiary on an hour's notice to reschedule appointments for earlier, "or else."

You gave such a detailed answer!! It's so good to have someone who has experienced the embassy you are going to. I remember you telling me that I should go to the embassy (in Chile) I was so dead against it, but after I realize that the embassy abroad has the final verdict on the Visa I am taking your advice and I am going, even tho it says I don't have to!! LOL so here comes trip # 7!!!

Emily

Edited by mamamimi

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Timeline

Thank you for your help :)

As far as i know, the k1 is a bit different than the CR1. We have to wait for the NVC to schedule an interview for us. we dont need to call with the $12 pin. We just need to wait for the NVC to email us letting us know the interview date. The only way we need to call $12 pin line is if i need to re-schedule.

and we dont have a packet 4, we do something different.. i believe, but im not really sure about that part but if you go to the website http://guayaquil.usconsulate.gov/what_to_bring_to_your_interview.html there are two links there, one with the packet 4 and the other one for us (CR1) which are scheduled by the NVC. (I dont know if all this information is right but thats what i understood from reading different things)

I read your story and there's no way im going to leave my husband alone in the interview! I'm definitely going with him. I've been traveling every 2 months to see him (in matter of fact.. Im going to Ecuador tomorrow to spend the long weekend with him :dance: )

I just hope to have an interview next month if its possible! :unsure:

And by the way I've always wanted to thank you for everything you share with us. You have helped me a lot in the whole process without you even knowing it :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

congrats!!!

wait for the interview email.

then stalk the DHL site for when your package may go out. call NVC to confirm when it's sent.

then contact your embassy to move the interview to an earlier date.

good luck.

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, Congrats on your case completed at NVC! Good wishes and best of luck for the upcoming interview!

I spoke to the NVC and they told me that my case was completed (yesterday) August 31st (it only took them 3 weeks, not 6-8 like they say :) ), and they also told me that they schedule interviews the 2nd week of each month so to call back the 3rd week of september to see if i have an interview in October.

Does anyone know what am i supposed to do next? Do i just wait for an interview? Does he go get his medical exam done or wait for the interview letter first?

If you are from Guayaquil-Ecuador or have a case there.. do you have an idea how long does it usually take for them to assign an interview date??

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Timeline

Hey, Congrats on your case completed at NVC! Good wishes and best of luck for the upcoming interview!

Thank you, and good luck to you guys too! I see that your case was completed on August 18! :dance:

congrats!!!

wait for the interview email.

then stalk the DHL site for when your package may go out. call NVC to confirm when it's sent.

then contact your embassy to move the interview to an earlier date.

good luck.

Thanks!!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.