decocker

when should i officially freak out?

122 posts in this topic

So, he hasn't received the enveloppe yet... What happens when he checks on the Canada post website? Well, I think you should consider calling the embassy at this point... This sucks, you're in my thoughts girl, hang in there! (F)

there's nothing under our tracking number. i would assume it's still at the consulate. i just don't know what to do? i keep searching the forums but it doesn't seem like anyone has ever been in this situation before. i called my senator's office again and told her we still hadn't received his passport/visa back even though montreal told her it was printed on the 2nd. she said, 'i'm sorry, i'm not sure what you want me to do' i said, well i wouldn't have to ask you to contact them at all if montreal would just reply to a @$*$%^ email!

i called the number you gave me and it just rang and rang..

this is getting to be too much to deal with, short of driving back to montreal and begging to get in the door and offering to personally search the montreal mail room - i feel like we never even had an interview at this point, we should be planning his poe and we can't do anything at all!

sorry to vent but, this is just ridiculous. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope you hear something soon Valerie, I can't even imagine being that close to actually getting everything done and having a stupid thing like this happen, how frustrating.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Kayla*Matthew were in that situation, contact them, they talked to someone at the consulate...

Good luck!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm losing my mind. seriously.

if they printed the visa on the second, shouldn't he have it by now???

it took me almost two weeks after they actually printed it (not just when uscis said they did) before i got it. they seem to only actually mail stuff once a week so maybe you just missed the cut off. Just keep checking canada post. It will show up soon.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In the spirit of not freaking out (and I don't blame you for doing it, because I would be doing it too) there are many people who have reported waiting 2 weeks or more to receive their visa after they found out it was printed. From what we can tell, it seems like Montreal often mails out the visas once a week. So, it is quite possible they didn't mail yours out until mid-late last week, and I do remember how wonderfully slow Ontario mail is. They could have mailed it out on Wednesday, and you wouldn't have it yet. I'd give it until the end of the week before getting really worried about it.

I can imagine your frustration. It's almost over! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I spent over 3 months checking canada post almost daily, and signed up for some option they had to email me once the tracking number was scanned. It NEVER went into their system.. 2.5 weeks now since it was mailed and it still shows up as "no results found". Unless I'm checking the wrong area of the site?

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

thanks everybody, its just the day to day that seems to drain the life out of me, checking canada post constantly and racking my brain as to what the actual scenario is. it doesn't help that my job has me locked in front of a computer all day. i can't wait for this to be over...

So sorry you're stuck in this limbo, Valerie. I hope you get it this week!

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Timeline

i had to call canada post, and they told me their tracking system was screwed up. i got it before they even knew it was picked up. and yes 2 weeks is the norm usually. they from what i saw around my time, send them out on friday and canada post records it on the monday then a week or so to get to you. i was in ontario as well.

HWDWm6.png

oh - he's in montreal, not ontario.

all this is just extremely ridiculous. they shouldn't be mailing such sensitive documentation anyway -imo.

:angry:

Kayla*Matthew were in that situation, contact them, they talked to someone at the consulate...

Good luck!

i just tried that number again, and it just rings and rings. goes into 'voicemail' and says that the person at this line does not subscribe to voicemail..

i don't think they answer that number anymore either.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i just tried that number again, and it just rings and rings. goes into 'voicemail' and says that the person at this line does not subscribe to voicemail..

i don't think they answer that number anymore either.

Gosh, really? Even when you key in the "death of a US citizen"? Keep harassing your senator/congressman! They wouldn't have a job after all if it weren't for your hard earned money...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have to call between like 2:30-4:00 EST otherwise all it will do is ring. They only answer calls between certain times.

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

You have to call between like 2:30-4:00 EST otherwise all it will do is ring. They only answer calls between certain times.

i got through to a lady yesterday, she asked if i was reporting the death of a citizen and i said no i needed to speak with someone and she cut me off-told me to use the proper venues and hung up on me.

Timeline

Omg Valerie, that was just terrible. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this #######.

I'm sure you have done all of this before but,I would send them another email since that seems to be the only way they will let you contact them. I don't know how you marked your email before, but you may want to put in the topic along with your case number something like passport and visa lost after printing. Then maybe they will actually open the email and see what you are asking. Tell them the visa was printed (date) and it was never received.

Has it always been you sending out the emails or your fiance, I know when we were contacting them, they would reply to me but not my fiance at the time now husband other then the automated email.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.