Bad_Daddy

All hail Tsar Putin !

24 posts in this topic

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Far worse than what they do in Arizona. although I would love, just once, to hear Obama say "You will be beaten on the head with a truncheon and that's it" Only...say it to Nancy Pelosi. Know what I mean?

Although I tend to lean towards the Democrats in most cases, I would love to see the day Pelosi get's hers...and I mean it in a bad way.

btw here are three prime examples of brainwashed peasant slaves being led by the nose...

Putin

Yanukovych

Lukashenko

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

My wife could care less about politics in Russia. I'll ask her something about what's going on over there and she'll say, "You think I care? It's in Russia." Then I'll reminder her she is, after all, Russian. She'll say, "So what? It's Moscow and anyway, I not from Moscow. Who cares about what happens in Moscow?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

My wife could care less about politics in Russia. I'll ask her something about what's going on over there and she'll say, "You think I care? It's in Russia." Then I'll reminder her she is, after all, Russian. She'll say, "So what? It's Moscow and anyway, I not from Moscow. Who cares about what happens in Moscow?"

It's a bit like that in my house. At first the wife was very verbal about being "anti Lukashenko" to the extent she was a member of "Charter 97". Since she got here last February and discovered sites such as amazon, jc penney's, etc... not to mention she has a car here when she didn't over there...it's like she could give a sh*t less about what's going on over in Belarus. :(

sigbet.jpg

You pretty much hit the nail on the head about Tsar Putin. That's exactly what we call him in our household.

:thumbs:

It's sad to say, but Tsar Putin is no different from any of the former Russian leaders in Russia's past. Russia wan't to be perceived as "European" yet it continues to present itself as a back water third world country with nothing more to offer than raw minerals. Even the ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) has shown itself to be nothing more than a pawn of the Kremlin/FSB.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Mmy wife definately drank the Lukashenko "koolaide". She thinks Belarus has a good system and I really havent tried to enlighten her of the political situation there, dont really need that battle now. I wonder if it has to do with where one was brought up as to ones political leanings? Ive known some highly educated people from Minsk who really hate Belarus/Lukashenko. My wife and her family on the other hand are very simple folk from a small town/village. I tend to see the same differences here as well, I deal with mostly poorly educated people in my line of work and their political affiliations are rather predictable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife is entirely non-political. The only thing she's interested in is that there's no US - Russia war.

As for the topic at hand: :rolleyes: The United States has at various points in its recent history mandated that protestors organize and confine themselves to permissible areas. And when those permissions were denied, or restricted and assemblies happened unauthorized, then those groups were dispersed or arrested -- usually peacefully, but sometimes with force.

I'll grant you that we haven't had a president impolitic enough to note that protesters will be (or deserve to be) beaten, but I'm sure more than a few privately espouse similar sentiments. I don't see the US and Russian governments as being fundamentally different. We're just better at hiding the dirt.

I don't see the US and Russian governments as being fundamentally different. We're just better at hiding the dirt.

I suppose the assassination of reporters that try to write about government actions is also a common occurrence in the USA, based upon your assertion. :bonk:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

On that particular count, we're a bit too soft. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange ought to have a head full of lead by now, for example, but he doesn't. With domestic journalists, there are plenty of backdoor manipulations and threats that go on. Just because we don't leave their bodies rotting in an elevator doesn't mean journalists are free as the wind blows and can write anything they want without repercussion. As I said, we're better at hiding the dirt -- or we just care more about it. Take your pick.

Edited by shikarnov

My wife is entirely non-political. The only thing she's interested in is that there's no US - Russia war.

As for the topic at hand: :rolleyes: The United States has at various points in its recent history mandated that protestors organize and confine themselves to permissible areas. And when those permissions were denied, or restricted and assemblies happened unauthorized, then those groups were dispersed or arrested -- usually peacefully, but sometimes with force.

I'll grant you that we haven't had a president impolitic enough to note that protesters will be (or deserve to be) beaten, but I'm sure more than a few privately espouse similar sentiments. I don't see the US and Russian governments as being fundamentally different. We're just better at hiding the dirt.

Permits to protest are denied on a regular basis. Russia is not a democracy it is a dictatorship. Any doubts on that one, then just take a look at the OSCE report on the last presidential elections held in Russia.

sigbet.jpg

On that particular count, we're a bit too soft. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange ought to have a head full of lead by now, for example, but he doesn't. With domestic journalists, there are plenty of backdoor manipulations and threats that go on. Just because we don't leave their bodies rotting in an elevator doesn't mean journalists are free as the wind blows and can write anything they want without repercussion. As I said, we're better at hiding the dirt -- or we just care more about it. Take your pick.

You can't be serious.... The Kremlin has made it a habit of murdering journalist, human rights workers, and attorney's representing anyone that the Kremlin see's as a threat to it's mafia ways.

Do you seriously think the USA could butcher journalist in cold blood on busy sidewalks in the middle of the day and it wouldn't make the news ? ####### ?

As far as wikileaks is concerned, it took something similar during the Vietnam War to let the people know what was really going on over there. Walter Cronkite...a very respected newsman I might add, was one of the first of the media to open peoples eyes on what was really going on over in Vietnam, and not the garbage that the American public was being fed via the Pentagon.

sigbet.jpg

Journalists walk a thin line between freedom of the press and traitorous acts. They need to ask themselves first, will this help the enemies of my country before deciding to publish something. Just because you know something, doesn't mean you should publish it.

In the previous administration in the USA, there was a leak that caused a CIA operative to lose their ability to work. Nobody accused the first journalist of wrong doing (Robert Novak) and he died of natural causes long after it happened. No one talked about any conspiracy but shouldn't Novak have discussed the possible outcome before telling something that he shouldn't have known.

There is a big difference to how we treat dissent here in America and how it is handled in Russia. To suggest that we are two sides of the same coin is ridiculous.

Mmy wife definately drank the Lukashenko "koolaide". She thinks Belarus has a good system and I really havent tried to enlighten her of the political situation there, dont really need that battle now. I wonder if it has to do with where one was brought up as to ones political leanings? Ive known some highly educated people from Minsk who really hate Belarus/Lukashenko. My wife and her family on the other hand are very simple folk from a small town/village. I tend to see the same differences here as well, I deal with mostly poorly educated people in my line of work and their political affiliations are rather predictable.

Lukashenko's main support seems to come from the country side and the older generation. Apparently old school Soviet ideology dies hard in parts of Belarus, southern and eastern Ukraine, and most of Russia.

Funny thing about it Lukashenko was put into power by the Kremlin and now the Kremlin wants him out. He was ok when he was their dictator, but now that he has gotten out of hand as far as Tsar Putin is concerned, it's time for him to go.

Any chance of Belarus joining mainstream Europe in the near future depends on these next elections...which of course will be rigged and Belarus will pay the price for it.

http://www.charter97.org/en/news/2010/9/1/31769/ <--- Here's a prime example of "evil vs evil".

The only time my wife and I had any kind of disagreement ...well it bothered her family, was when it came down to having our picture taken in front of a "Great Patriotic War" statue that included Lenin in the back ground. It seems to be a tradition in her town of married couples getting their picture taken in front of those statues right after they are married. I told her to tell her father I would get my photo taken with those statues right after we had one taken of us that included a memorial to the victims of the Katyn Forest Massacre. LOL...that didn't go over too well with them but screw it. I'm not about to suck it up for some brainwashed commies anytime soon.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.