Dr. A ♥ O

Sunday brrrr!

20 posts in this topic

For the ladies who are saying they would be fine living in their husband's country, can I ask how many times you've been and how long you stayed? I ask because I had the same thought about Morocco the first couple of times I was there. But as I was there more and saw more and more of the corruption and lack of social/governmental support etc I realized I may have judged too quickly about thinking that I'd be able to live there full time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've spent quite a bit of time there, probably close to a year in total over 6 years. I completely know what the good and bad aspects of life are there. My biggest incentive is having more time with my children, a lot of family closer to us, and the opportunity to start a non-profit organization that I've dreamed of.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not at all. My dream is to open a community home for single and divorced mothers who have nowhere else to go. It would be based on job training and education with childcare. Responsibilities for childcare, house tending etc would be shared amongst the women living there. I don't have all the details worked out but it's a rough concept I've discussed with some folks I've worked with at USAID. The overall goal is to lift the women out of poverty and off the street, allowing their children to attend school and be cared for.

Edited by MrsAmera

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Have you heard of this woman's work?

http://www.conversationsforabetterworld.com/2009/11/helping-unwed-mothers-in-morocco-through-entrepreneurship/

http://www.opusprize.org/

I leave for Morocco in a couple of weeks, and if I decide I'm brave enough to try the hammam again, I'd like to try the one associated with this organization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.