hotzone

NVC filers for September 2010

890 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

when ya 'miss the cut' for 'October Interviews'

it means

your casefile not finish 'final review' prior (or during) to the 2nd week of the month.

So, alas, yer pitched forward, eligible for interview scheduling, into the next month's batch o stuff.

Stuff is important, but mostly, I hate stuff.

If I were in yer shoes, this being a Friday @ NVC, I'd be having that USC Spouse call in, get a supervisor (this part is really important)

and then BEG to get in for an interview for the 'September Round of Scheduling' - even though it's past the cut off date. Beg much, beg often, remind them that the 'final review process' was the lagging factor, and not any 'documents complete' status, but most importantly -

B E G !!!

You've got NOTHING to lose, in the attempt.

That would be me the USC spouse, I will try and see what happens wish me luck!!!

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

another question darnell....i just want to clear this up...once the AOS shows that its paid, u don't have to wait to get the AOS package to sign those form ryt? u can just go ahead and print out one of the forms online and fill it out? and sent it? and also the ds-230? is that right? if paying the AOS bill is delayed for a week will it slow down the process? thanx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

another question darnell....i just want to clear this up...once the AOS shows that its paid, u don't have to wait to get the AOS package to sign those form ryt? u can just go ahead and print out one of the forms online and fill it out? and sent it? and also the ds-230? is that right? if paying the AOS bill is delayed for a week will it slow down the process? thanx

ug.

please, never EVER wait for NVC to send you 'blank forms' or any 'instruction packet', until after you've finished with sending in all yer forms (caveat: exception: NVC Electronic Processing)

have a read on this mini-how-to - I hope it clears up much -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

basically, since you've 'dipped into the NVC pot' - you really should be prepped as much as possible, with the forms -

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

fwiw, payment on AOS and IV is not a serial process - it sorta runs in parallel -

the AOS is visibly first - but

the IV comes up when the DS-3032 is added to the casefile, so

if you wished to delay the AOS payment, it has NO EFFECT on when the IV payment 'shows up' on the online payment portal.

I know for most people, it does APPEAR to 'be serial' - but if you study the NVC flowchart, you'll see where these things are really 'in parallel' - is two seperate processes, running quasi-concurrently.

Whew ! Let me know if I cleared it up for ya, or if it's still a mish-mashed pile o poo ? (But do copiously study the content on those links, first, before answering back?)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

That would be me the USC spouse, I will try and see what happens wish me luck!!!

ug.

please, never EVER wait for NVC to send you 'blank forms' or any 'instruction packet', until after you've finished with sending in all yer forms (caveat: exception: NVC Electronic Processing)

have a read on this mini-how-to - I hope it clears up much -> http://www.visajourn...ost__p__3560467

basically, since you've 'dipped into the NVC pot' - you really should be prepped as much as possible, with the forms -

DS-230 - http://travel.state..../info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state..../info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state..../info_1335.html

fwiw, payment on AOS and IV is not a serial process - it sorta runs in parallel -

the AOS is visibly first - but

the IV comes up when the DS-3032 is added to the casefile, so

if you wished to delay the AOS payment, it has NO EFFECT on when the IV payment 'shows up' on the online payment portal.

I know for most people, it does APPEAR to 'be serial' - but if you study the NVC flowchart, you'll see where these things are really 'in parallel' - is two seperate processes, running quasi-concurrently.

Whew ! Let me know if I cleared it up for ya, or if it's still a mish-mashed pile o poo ? (But do copiously study the content on those links, first, before answering back?)

it means

your casefile not finish 'final review' prior (or during) to the 2nd week of the month.

So, alas, yer pitched forward, eligible for interview scheduling, into the next month's batch o stuff.

If I were in yer shoes, this being a Friday @ NVC, I'd be having that USC Spouse call in, get a supervisor (this part is really important)

and then BEG to get in for an interview for the 'September Round of Scheduling' - even though it's past the cut off date. Beg much, beg often, remind them that the 'final review process' was the lagging factor, and not any 'documents complete' status, but most importantly -

B E G !!!

Just got off with NVC Supervisor that told me " No can Do" But she did say that I could call the Embassy in Chile and ask them if they can schedule an interview and if they contact NVC they are more than willing to send my docs... Hmmmm!!!

Edited by mamamimi

it means

B E G !!!

I certainly dont mind a little begging... Do you really think it will work Darnell? I just dont see NVC being that accomidating. Maybe I just difficult to deal with and I am wrong about that. :bonk::blink: An Awakening... :o

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - this is a 'special friday', really -

as it's really the last part of the full 2nd week in September,

IMO, a special 'witching' day for miracles.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

eh - this is a 'special friday', really -

as it's really the last part of the full 2nd week in September,

IMO, a special 'witching' day for miracles.

***just in case you missed it***

Just got off with NVC Supervisor that told me " No can Do" But she did say that I could call the Embassy in Chile and ask them if they can schedule an interview and if they contact NVC they are more than willing to send my docs... Hmmmm!!! :bonk: :bonk:

***just in case you missed it***

Just got off with NVC Supervisor that told me " No can Do" But she did say that I could call the Embassy in Chile and ask them if they can schedule an interview and if they contact NVC they are more than willing to send my docs... Hmmmm!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Okay I call the NVC and spoke to them regarding my interview schedule. The told me no deal. That I would have to speak with the Embassy. I told them I though Sep 13th was within the 2nd week of the month and he said it was but others were ahead of me. Guess he was not aware of who I am. I told him that I have a job offer coming and I need to have my wife here before Nov. because I will be required to leave the state I reside in. No help on that either. I could see that I was not going to get anywhere with this guy. Then I as if it was because I was below the poverty level. And he didnt say anything. Then I told him that I received an email from NVC that stated that so went do to get food stamps based on the Homeland Security NVC assessment that I did not meeting the minimum poverty level requirements but they rejected me. I ask him how the same government can have two separate standards. hehehe... I then told him I was being a smart #### but they need to understand that even though they deal with the VISA process everyday for us its personal.

I was going to say more like... I have been dealing with this VISA application ####### for 7 months and it looks like thats not going to be enough time to Get er Done. I did said have a good weekend. But I should have followed it up with I will not because I know that I still have months more of dealing with HOMELAND SECURITY and its inefficient departments.

SO GOOD BYE OCTOBER HELLO NOVEMBER>>> Man I would love to run into a USCIS or NVC person in an alley somewhere... Just to say Hi my name it Tom & this is going to take a little while.... :rofl::rofl::rofl: JK sort of

NVC JOURNEY

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

After reading Darnell's post about begging for an interview I called NVC. After waiting on hold for forty-five minutes I finally got to speak with an operator. I begged her to add us to the October interviews and she said it was not possible. She explained that during the second week of the month they pick a certain number of applicants for each embassy. The exact number varies by embassy and is apparently a closely guarded secret. I told her that I checked the packages sent from NVC for September and that no packages went to Tunisia, so does this mean that the number of applicants picked for Tunisia was zero for September, and she said that she is not allowed to discuss that with me. She said once they pick for the month, that's it. No exceptions unless there is a life or death situation. So, I said, then I can expect an interview in November? She said no, there is a specific number that get picked each month and if you don't get picked in September it doesn't mean you get picked in October. I asked about December and was given the same story. I said ok, what is the upper limit on waiting for the interview? She said that for this stage there is no set time limit and that some people wait for many years before they get an interview. I am abbreviating the conversation here to save space, but this went on for quite a while. Finally I asked to speak to a supervisor and got exactly the same response. In the end they told me that the interview step has no time limit and can go on for a very long time. They couldn't even estimate approximately how long the wait will be. I told them that I talked to the embassy in Tunisia and they told me that they were not a busy embassy and that once NVC releases the package that they can move things quickly. However, NVC says that they will schedule it when they will and it doesn't matter what the embassy told me. When our time comes they will contact the embassy and make the appointment. The supervisor at NVC said I can write a letter to NVC and request the interview with the embassy and NVC will forward the request to the embassy, but without a life or death emergency it was unlikely to be granted. And there is no set amount of time in which to expect a response to this request, so it can also take a very long time.

I have been thinking for a long time that this step would be the easiest step and after having these discussions tonight I am just so incredibly disappointed with the whole process. Every step is needlessly complicated. I know I am being impatient, but really what is the point to making it so hard to bring your legal spouse to live with you?

Marriage: 2010-02-14 in Tunis, Tunisia

I-130 Sent : 2010-03-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-03-24

I-130 Approved : 2010-07-26

NVC Received : 2010-07-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-08-06

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-08-09

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-08-12

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill : 2010-08-06

Pay IV Bill : 2010-08-06

Receive Instruction Package : 2010-08-09

Forms received by NVC: 2010-08-19

SIF: 2010-09-10

Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-13

NVC Left : 2010-09-22

Consulate Received : 2010-09-28

Interview Date : 2010-10-18

Interview Result : Approved

After reading Darnell's post about begging for an interview I called NVC. After waiting on hold for forty-five minutes I finally got to speak with an operator. I begged her to add us to the October interviews and she said it was not possible. She explained that during the second week of the month they pick a certain number of applicants for each embassy. The exact number varies by embassy and is apparently a closely guarded secret. I told her that I checked the packages sent from NVC for September and that no packages went to Tunisia, so does this mean that the number of applicants picked for Tunisia was zero for September, and she said that she is not allowed to discuss that with me. She said once they pick for the month, that's it. No exceptions unless there is a life or death situation. So, I said, then I can expect an interview in November? She said no, there is a specific number that get picked each month and if you don't get picked in September it doesn't mean you get picked in October. I asked about December and was given the same story. I said ok, what is the upper limit on waiting for the interview? She said that for this stage there is no set time limit and that some people wait for many years before they get an interview. I am abbreviating the conversation here to save space, but this went on for quite a while. Finally I asked to speak to a supervisor and got exactly the same response. In the end they told me that the interview step has no time limit and can go on for a very long time. They couldn't even estimate approximately how long the wait will be. I told them that I talked to the embassy in Tunisia and they told me that they were not a busy embassy and that once NVC releases the package that they can move things quickly. However, NVC says that they will schedule it when they will and it doesn't matter what the embassy told me. When our time comes they will contact the embassy and make the appointment. The supervisor at NVC said I can write a letter to NVC and request the interview with the embassy and NVC will forward the request to the embassy, but without a life or death emergency it was unlikely to be granted. And there is no set amount of time in which to expect a response to this request, so it can also take a very long time.

I have been thinking for a long time that this step would be the easiest step and after having these discussions tonight I am just so incredibly disappointed with the whole process. Every step is needlessly complicated. I know I am being impatient, but really what is the point to making it so hard to bring your legal spouse to live with you?

WHAT THE HELL.... :help: You should have spoken to the Moral Officer. :rofl: Oh boy those wild and crazy NVC guys and gals... I hope all their children grow up to look like them... :rofl::rofl:

NVC JOURNEY

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

WHAT THE HELL.... :help: You should have spoken to the Moral Officer. :rofl: Oh boy those wild and crazy NVC guys and gals... I hope all their children grow up to look like them... :rofl::rofl:

Hopefully I will wake up in the morning and find out that this was all a terrible nightmare and have an email with the interview date waiting in my inbox.

Guess I'm just living in a fantasy world; a world where spouses can live together...

Marriage: 2010-02-14 in Tunis, Tunisia

I-130 Sent : 2010-03-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-03-24

I-130 Approved : 2010-07-26

NVC Received : 2010-07-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-08-06

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-08-09

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-08-12

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill : 2010-08-06

Pay IV Bill : 2010-08-06

Receive Instruction Package : 2010-08-09

Forms received by NVC: 2010-08-19

SIF: 2010-09-10

Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-13

NVC Left : 2010-09-22

Consulate Received : 2010-09-28

Interview Date : 2010-10-18

Interview Result : Approved

I'm just sending my husband's DS-230 tomorrow... But after reading all your recent posts, I'm beggining to lose all hopes that my husband will get a November (my birthday, my husband's birthday, our anniversary, oh, and hoping for a month vacation from work) interview.... :crying::crying::crying:

Would've been the 1st time we'll spend our anniversary together, and just like that, *poof* it's gone..... Wanna see my husband soooo freaking bad, my poor baby, been a year since she saw her father..... :crying::crying::crying:

I-130

12/22/09: I-130 receipt date (Sent by lawyer to CSC)

8/20:10: Approved/NOA2

9/03/10: NVC # generated, gave e-mail adds

9/08/10: Received IV/AOS fee bill

9/09/10: Paid AOS/IV

9/13/10: Mailed completed AOS, enetered into the system on 9/14

9/19/10: Mailed completed DS-230, entered into the system on 9/22

10/13/10: CASE COMPLETE!!!

04/06/11: Case upgraded from F2A to CR-1

05/03/11: Final review completed

05/17/11: Interview date scheduled!

05/20/11: Forwarded case to USEM

06/10/11: Interview - APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Okay guyz, I know I'm being impatient but here is my question:

Do we have to send the expedition request to NVC BEFORE we send the AOS&IV packages or can we do it AFTER?? :unsure:

I'm only asking cos we lost a week waiting for the letter from his commander and our packages are ready to be sent... :(

Any advice?? Thanks...

event.png

~ WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS - MAKE ORANGE JUICE AND LEAVE EVERYBODY WONDERING ~

USCIS
04-01-2010 NOA1
08-16-2010 NOA2

NVC
08-30-2010 NVC CASE# ASSIGNED
10-07-2010 EXPEDITION GRANTED!!! SIF!!!
10-21-2010 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!
11-02-2010 VISA IN HAND!

USA
11-08-2010 POE Philadelphia
12-07-2010 Welcome Letter and NOA for Green card
12-13-2010 GREEN CARD IN HAND!

ROC
09-04-2012 Filed ROC package (VSC)
09-07-2012 NOA 1
04-15-2013 ROC APPROVED!
04-20-2013 10 Year Green Card Received!

NATURALIZATION

02-20-2014 Application for Naturalization Package Mailed to NSC

02-23-2014 Application received by NSC

03-04-2014 Check for application fee cashed

03-08-2014 NOA came in the mail with notice date of 03-04-2014

03-17-2014 Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

03-24-2014 Biometrics appointment in Tucson, AZ

05-13-2014 Interview at Tucson, AZ - PASS!

06-13-2014 Oath Ceremony in Tucson, AZ!

06-13-2014 I am a United States Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Do we have to send the expedition request to NVC BEFORE we send the AOS&IV packages or can we do it AFTER?? :unsure:

I'm only asking cos we lost a week waiting for the letter from his commander and our packages are ready to be sent... :(

Any advice?? Thanks...

Why is it taking so long to get your letter? Just tell your husband to write the letter and bring it to his commander to sign. Maybe the JA would want to look over it first but I can't see it taking a week if he asks them nicely and tells them what it's for.

Marriage: 2010-05-19

I-130 Sent: 2010-06-22

I-130 NOA1: 2010-07-11

I-130 Approved: 2010-07-30

NVC Received: 2010-08-17

Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill: 2010-08-31

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-09-01

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-09-01

NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2010-09-03

I-864 shows as PAID 2010-09-03

Return Completed I-864: 2010-09-04

Receive IV Bill: 2010-09-14

IV Bill showed PAID: 2010-09-16

Mailed DS-230: 2010-09-16

Receive Instruction Package : 2010-09-16

DS-230 arrived at NVC: 2010-09-17

DS-230 entered into AVR: 2010-09-21

Sign In Failed: 2010-10-04

Case Complete per NVC: 2010-10-04

Consulate Received :

Interview Date : 2010-11-01

*** NOW IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING *** FML

AP finished 2010-11-16

Visa Picked up 2010-11-17

Flying to the US 2010-11-22

LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN! :)

Any advice?? Thanks...

Seriously If your asking for Expedite on their part. I would think you would expedite on your part. Send it as soon as you can. IF your packages are already sent then your question is rhetorical? Yes do it after... But Just Do IT!! :bonk::bonk::yes:

NVC JOURNEY

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.