William33

Anyone K-1 over 100 days from CSC?

274 posts in this topic

I Started this miserable thread. I am saddened to see so many victims over 100 days now.

I can only hope that CSC can see this and realizes the disparity in this process.

You all over 100 are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Good luck Guys!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Started this miserable thread. I am saddened to see so many victims over 100 days now.

I can only hope that CSC can see this and realizes the disparity in this process.

You all over 100 are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Good luck Guys!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks William...

we'll need it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

97 days today.

I am beginning to think there is criteria for why some move frmo NOA1 to NOA2 in 20 versus 120 days.

I am curious to hear from someone who is approved in, let's say, a reasonable time of 40 days. We all hear alot from those of us who wait, and wait, and wait.

What I would like to know is what characteristics do these quick approvals have in their applications.

I don't believe in "random" and therefore "feel" like there is something on the applications that is making some move faster than others?

Petitioner's career? gender? age? age difference? marital status?

There must be some criteria that is used to cause the SC to look at a specific petition.

NOW, having said this, it won't help us, the 100 club and the close-to 100 club members, but it can help others who are just starting to plan their lives if they know the time window they are in (instead of just a time warp). Just to say "plan on 6 months" doesn't quite cut it. If I plan on 6 months and it is 2, that also creates problems; selling the house etc., etc., etc. of course sooner is better than later.

Good luck to all,

Gordon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
97 days today.

I am beginning to think there is criteria for why some move frmo NOA1 to NOA2 in 20 versus 120 days.

I am curious to hear from someone who is approved in, let's say, a reasonable time of 40 days. We all hear alot from those of us who wait, and wait, and wait.

What I would like to know is what characteristics do these quick approvals have in their applications.

I don't believe in "random" and therefore "feel" like there is something on the applications that is making some move faster than others?

Petitioner's career? gender? age? age difference? marital status?

There must be some criteria that is used to cause the SC to look at a specific petition.

NOW, having said this, it won't help us, the 100 club and the close-to 100 club members, but it can help others who are just starting to plan their lives if they know the time window they are in (instead of just a time warp). Just to say "plan on 6 months" doesn't quite cut it. If I plan on 6 months and it is 2, that also creates problems; selling the house etc., etc., etc. of course sooner is better than later.

Good luck to all,

Gordon

Gordon, although we all want to understand why some petitioners are approved faster than others, I have a very hard time believing that there are things that make petitions move faster - in general. Since there is a very clear list of what needs to be provided, each petitions is reviewed for those items. Barring any reason for RFE or name hit, each petition USED TO BE processed in the order received in a relatively normal and timely fashion.

Since career, gender, age, etc. are not factors affecting approval or denial, it would be hard for me to believe they can use these items to either speed up or slow down the process. I think the reality has more to do with time of year and all of the other ####### happening. For example, at CSC right now it's not only the fallout from IMBRA, it's also the numerous transfers of petitions from NSC and now VSC combined with people quitting their jobs there since their contracts are up next month and have not yet been renewed. Just my 2 cents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.