UmmSqueakster

Bidets

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Oh and then there is the "hole in the floor". I got to meet one of those in the Ramses train station. Mohammed laughed himself to tears. I shrugged and said it's no different then when you're out in the woods and have to go. Get over it. Pfft

Ok...first ya tell me I have to squirt water on me, which I know will make me just go again.....now they don't have toilets?

I'm not wicked old here but if I had to squat every time I think my knees would take a beating!! :hehe:

You will find 2 different options (particularly if you are needing to use a public bathroom) for a toilet. One is a regular toilet, the other is literally a hole in the floor which Mohammed calls the "arab toilet" and then laughs himself into a snorting fit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Oh and then there is the "hole in the floor". I got to meet one of those in the Ramses train station. Mohammed laughed himself to tears. I shrugged and said it's no different then when you're out in the woods and have to go. Get over it. Pfft

Ok...first ya tell me I have to squirt water on me, which I know will make me just go again.....now they don't have toilets?

I'm not wicked old here but if I had to squat every time I think my knees would take a beating!! :hehe:

You will find 2 different options (particularly if you are needing to use a public bathroom) for a toilet. One is a regular toilet, the other is literally a hole in the floor which Mohammed calls the "arab toilet" and then laughs himself into a snorting fit.

in Algeria they are called Turkish toilets.

However I dont really know the origins of the style.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
When I was younger and my family lived in France my brother and I discovered a bidet then I washed his hair in it cause that's what we thought it was for. When my parents found out they laughed for a long time.

Oops!

:lol::lol: I wish I could have seen that! :lol::lol:

I am going to buy one of the hand held bidets. I found these online. Click here for the website.

Meriem (F)

So where does it attach to the water? I want one! My husband would be so happy.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

well...before i went to morocco in may..i did major research after my brother telling me what he saw when he was in Iraq in the military...i wanted to know..hmmm do they have toilets or holes..hehe!! well Said actually had the turkish toilet with the hole in the ground but they used toilet paper. the boy went out and bought an american style toilet and had it installed just for me. i was in total shock but im telling you...there is no way i would have survived with the hole..i would be laying on the ground everytime cuz i cannot squat. thankfully Said is so wonderful and wanted to make sure his baby felt like she was at home...gosh i miss him :D

melinda

3/17/07 - WEDDING CEREMONY

4/2/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

4/3/07 - Chicago Received AOS/EAD

4/13/07 - Checks cashed

4/16/07 - Received NOA1 for AOS/EAD

4/21/07 - Received appointment for bimetrics

5/15/07 - Biometrics appt

5/16/07 - EAD Touched

5/16/07 - AOS Touched

6/15/07 - EAD approved

6/26/07 - Received EAD

6/28/07 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS: 3/28/09

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Got ours off eBay! :D Cost me around $20.00! The website is http://www.handyspray.com/hygene.htm

Geesh...I could just unhook the one in my kitchen!!!! :D

Now I have to go get one though. I like the kind that Rhama showed the link of the best. I wanna feel that water baby!!! rofl

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Instead of installing a Bedit, you can hook up a hose to the toilet and wash that way. That is what we have in our home. Its wonderful. You still need toilet paper though to wipe the water.

I didn't see the post above mine. Yup that is what it is. I don't like those bedit. I don't think they are really sanitary.

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

ha this thread makes me giggle. its strange that some people here have a misconception that arabs are "dirty" considering I have never met a group of people as hygenic as my fiance and his fam. In fact, I was a bit embarrassed living with him because I was like...oh I never thought I was dirty before but in comparison, i feel grimy! gah. He even cleans his shoes before leaving the house :)

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

we have hand held bidets in both our bathrooms, And I can't imagin being without them. Listen ladys toliet paper alone is not enough :no: . Trust me I do alot of tramp stamp tattoos and it is grose that these women smell like a$$. Its always nice to feel and smell fresh.

Edited by Cheryl & Medo
Untitled.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Whoooooaaa.......back up...they don't have toilet paper???

:blink:

I'm trying to visualize what goes on. Is it like a hose or something? All I know is that if I had water on me I'd start peein' again!! :unsure:

:rofl: good one.. I found that out when I was there but didn't realize THAT was the reason.. habibi went and bought some tissue while we were out one day.. I didn't have a clue.. I just thought we were out of tissue ... I know I was like to myself," what is this thing on the toilet???"... saw one in the public restroom at the airport in Paris too.. i REALLY didn't know :blush:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband's family is not Muslim and they have a bidet in their home so it is not necessarily a religious, but a cultural thing. I had a hand held one installed before he arrived and I love it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ah old posts, old memories, good times.

Still don't have a bidet, still have the same ol watering can/lota in the bathroom.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.