1,485 posts in this topic

No not moving at all. Trinidad mail is unreliable. Its been raining heavily and the mail men arent working so no packet 3 yet. He is so frustrated he went out and drank all day. Spent some more money he was suppose to b saving and after telling me a bunch of things then sleeping woke up early this morning called and broke up with me. So im thinking about going out there for a few days because this is a decision we have to make in person not over the phone. Im going to try to convince him to hold on till the interview cuz ill be out there for that. If not i wanna go by tomorrow. Im trying to be patient and hold on but its hard we havent seen each other in a while and he is giving up. I cant let that happen. We have been through waaaay too much.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

No not moving at all. Trinidad mail is unreliable. Its been raining heavily and the mail men arent working so no packet 3 yet. He is so frustrated he went out and drank all day. Spent some more money he was suppose to b saving and after telling me a bunch of things then sleeping woke up early this morning called and broke up with me. So im thinking about going out there for a few days because this is a decision we have to make in person not over the phone. Im going to try to convince him to hold on till the interview cuz ill be out there for that. If not i wanna go by tomorrow. Im trying to be patient and hold on but its hard we havent seen each other in a while and he is giving up. I cant let that happen. We have been through waaaay too much.

well just be careful,i mean there is a difference between talking out of desperation ( which i know well enough ) and not caring and letting the truth out.i really hope the things he said and what he is doing is an act of desperation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It seems like he may have other underlying issues. This pattern of drinking and spending savings has been frequent and may be a tell-tell sign of things to come. Don't just think with your heart on this matter. I mean honestly many of us are in the same boat but we aren't drinking constantly and going out spending money we should be saving. Don't take what I am saying the wrong way but I have seen this happen to people around me and the results are not always good.

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

The thing is he has his money to spend and his savings. The savings is easier access so he takes it. The last time he replaced it after he eventually went to the bank. And he is going this morning to replace what he took yesterday. He called again just now we are talking about everything. Trying to patch things up. We are trying.

Timeline

The thing is he has his money to spend and his savings. The savings is easier access so he takes it. The last time he replaced it after he eventually went to the bank. And he is going this morning to replace what he took yesterday. He called again just now we are talking about everything. Trying to patch things up. We are trying.

just dont take it slightly,i know people say i over react,but you know things like financial issues are serious,they can come back to bite you in the butt in major ways.

Timeline

Don't forget the issue of drinking. To drink all day is not good. Just keep a level head about the whole situation. Don't let dreams cloud reality. Not saying he has a problem but it could lead to one.

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Thanks ladies.. I am talking to him. Still thinking about going out there. I am also thinking about everything else. He needs to show me that he isnt as responsible as he has been lately. Including the drinking and money. I already told him that. And he say that he is going to and sorry about everything. He is wrong. So i said show me that you are ready for this and we will work on it.

Timeline

Excuse me you june filers, have you all received your NOA2 atleast??

this is not a vermont forum.

you can check the igor's list for more info on your consulate and how the approvals are going

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I just checked my account on the USCIS site and my "last updated" date has changed from 7/08 to 11/24.. Does that mean they are finally looking at my file ? I haven't received an email notice or "touch". Should I expect to hear something soon or does it mean nothing ?

Thanks for the help - in advance

Date I-129F Sent-07/08/2010

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 07/15/2010

-- I-129F RFE(s) : 12/08/2010

-- I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 01/06/2010

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 01/10/2011

Date Package Received By NVC :

Date Package Left From NVC :

Date Received By Consulate :

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):

Interview Date (K1 Visa):

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just checked my account on the USCIS site and my "last updated" date has changed from 7/08 to 11/24.. Does that mean they are finally looking at my file ? I haven't received an email notice or "touch". Should I expect to hear something soon or does it mean nothing ?

Thanks for the help - in advance

To my knowledge, everyone (or almost everyone) who has been touched recently has been approved on or the day after they saw the touch. Not many people are seeing the website get updated, including myself. If I was you (assuming you're the USC), I'd be checking my mailbox for the approval letter!

PS you did get a touch, that's what it's called when the Last Updated date changes. :)

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

To my knowledge, everyone (or almost everyone) who has been touched recently has been approved on or the day after they saw the touch. Not many people are seeing the website get updated, including myself. If I was you (assuming you're the USC), I'd be checking my mailbox for the approval letter!

PS you did get a touch, that's what it's called when the Last Updated date changes. :)

They touched us three times straight and I have yet to see anything. I am getting quite upset seeing people all around me get approved. It could be they are having trouble with our background checks or something (who knows) but it upsets me that we are still sittling in limbo. Touches don't mean a thing if you ask me.

Edited by candn

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Timeline

They touched us three times straight and I have yet to see anything. I am getting quite upset seeing people all around me get approved. It could be they are having trouble with our background checks or something (who knows) but it upsets me that we are still sittling in limbo. Touches don't mean a thing if you ask me.

dont worry,i dont think its a background check problem,since only one person from july first to the 12th got approved ( there are a ton of july 12th approvals ) seems like either our cases got lost or something

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.