1,485 posts in this topic

hi......

considering that our noa1 dates are just a day apart, we hope and pray our touches (2 days apart) mean approval....

our petitioners have to wait for the noa2 hardcopy in the mail.......

in my case, as of this morning (sunday here saturday evening in the states), nothing in the mail yet.....

hopefully 3-5 working days from the touch we will be able to have them on hand.....

praying that ours will be the approval, not anything lesser than that.....

just curious..... since you are in dubai, do you work on your papers there?

or you have to be here in the phils to work on it?

if the latter, then, you will be home soon !!!!

we are all moving forward....

and co vj members here are endlessly helping one another by sharing actual experiences.....

thanks everyone !!!!

hi...i dont live in dubai, i live in the Philippines...i hope we could receive our noa2 this week...

I am so glad you two (ygr and nandi) are so open about things. Some of us forget about the difficulties some couples face during this process. Your stories let others going through the same thing know they are not alone. I have never had an argument with my fiance and our families are working with us on our wedding so the bond extends beyond the two of us. Then I start reading things like this and it makes me want to cry. If only the process was a little faster then maybe so many hearts would not ache and relationships would be saved. Ygr, please take care of your health and try to control your anger. Things will get better. Nandi, stay strong as well.

thanks.. now that my family saw how much we do really care about each other and what others say and do its not going to tear us apart, they are with us every step of the way.. my dad co sponsored to bring him and all of that.. so they are being supportive and they are happy to know that i can handle things my way.. dont get me wrong i love my parents and always take their opinions into consideration but this time i knew i was right and i did what i had to without ever disrespecting them or making them feel like they are nothing to me.. my family is very important to me and so is my fiance.. now things are great with everyone.. we both have everyone's support.. and we are trying to stay strong for each other.. he just has his "idiot" moments.. :lol::P

I am so glad you two (ygr and nandi) are so open about things. Some of us forget about the difficulties some couples face during this process. Your stories let others going through the same thing know they are not alone. I have never had an argument with my fiance and our families are working with us on our wedding so the bond extends beyond the two of us. Then I start reading things like this and it makes me want to cry. If only the process was a little faster then maybe so many hearts would not ache and relationships would be saved. Ygr, please take care of your health and try to control your anger. Things will get better. Nandi, stay strong as well.

Same here. We never fight and are both equally committed to this grueling process. If we weren't, this would never work. I read this stuff and feel incredibly lucky for what we have. We are also fortunate enough to get to see each other every few months. I can't imagine what it would be like having to wait even longer. I just feel so bad for those that are having problems.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

im planning to keep it all so i can give it to him,maybe it will help with the misunderstanding that stick in our brain for a long time.

i really do hope things work out for all us

it will.. we just have to figure out some way to deal with our frustration instead of taking it out on our fiances... but i understand why you are upset about the whole using the money thing as well.. that one will take some time.. and that is a good idea to keep it to give to him.. i would write it and calm down and then talk to rodney about it all.. so that way i dont "attack" him when i am trying to explain why i am so mad at him for whatever he did..

today has been a better day for us.. hopefully it stays this way...

it will.. we just have to figure out some way to deal with our frustration instead of taking it out on our fiances... but i understand why you are upset about the whole using the money thing as well.. that one will take some time.. and that is a good idea to keep it to give to him.. i would write it and calm down and then talk to rodney about it all.. so that way i dont "attack" him when i am trying to explain why i am so mad at him for whatever he did..

today has been a better day for us.. hopefully it stays this way...

Nandi, I think you're right to write down the things you want to say. I know for a fact that sometimes we say things that we would have never said if we took the time to think about them and not let the anger get the best of us.

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh dear!

I can't believe he used the money that was supposed to be used for your trip together, for the chance to see each other again and for your anniversary on top of this!

I would have been so angry...I understand the argument on this.

I can't see myself wait for 7 months before seeing my darling and like you said it has already been 7 months since the last time you saw each other.

You are really brave

i know,and thank you.i really try to control myself and sometimes see things from his point of view,but things like this just make it so hard.

Cheer up guys! gonna be Ok.. Chill out! .:dance: :dance: :dance: We are in the same boat. Being here in VJ is a great help too in our journey. Being emotional at times is really tough to handle esp. about the matters of the (L) We have to handle it on our own way. I mean you have to do something where you can pour your heart out. You can express your self in writing, listening to music like love songs that can make you cry (after you have cried, you'll feel better) or you can go out and run. Personally, if i have a small or big argument with my fiance, I'll never stop talking to him until everything is clear. Complete honesty is a must! One thing that we have to avoid is making decision when we are angry. Anger is a very bad thing. It blinds the path of right thinking. Never make decisions or take major action when under the influence of any major emotion - depression, despair, self-doubt, anxiety, you name it. Heres what you can do when you a really very very angry. Go away and do something else, whichever takes your mind away from the situation that is making you angry. Then come back with a fresh view on the matter. And most of the time it helps. :star:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

Timeline

i just want people to know there is a good reason behind our bitterness towards this entire process,its incredibly unfair towards people who are not in the VWP.

Timeline

ygr how long have you guys been together? and how often do you see each other? in person.. not skype.. hehe

this January 31st it will be 2 years.and we have seen each other twice,once for last valentines day,for seven days,then in may for ten days

Timeline

thats tough. :(

i know,he is a marine ,more than half of the time we have been together he has been training and all

Cheer up guys! gonna be Ok.. Chill out! .:dance: :dance: :dance: We are in the same boat. Being here in VJ is a great help too in our journey. Being emotional at times is really tough to handle esp. about the matters of the (L) We have to handle it on our own way. I mean you have to do something where you can pour your heart out. You can express your self in writing, listening to music like love songs that can make you cry (after you have cried, you'll feel better) or you can go out and run. Personally, if i have a small or big argument with my fiance, I'll never stop talking to him until everything is clear. Complete honesty is a must! One thing that we have to avoid is making decision when we are angry. Anger is a very bad thing. It blinds the path of right thinking. Never make decisions or take major action when under the influence of any major emotion - depression, despair, self-doubt, anxiety, you name it. Heres what you can do when you a really very very angry. Go away and do something else, whichever takes your mind away from the situation that is making you angry. Then come back with a fresh view on the matter. And most of the time it helps. :star:

I just want to add something. There's no perfect relationship. There's always ups and downs in our life. Sometimes we just need to know how to dance in the rain and go with the flow. Yes it is hard... we can't hide from it.. we have to face it! Just do what is right and go from there and be Happy :)

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks.. now that my family saw how much we do really care about each other and what others say and do its not going to tear us apart, they are with us every step of the way.. my dad co sponsored to bring him and all of that.. so they are being supportive and they are happy to know that i can handle things my way.. dont get me wrong i love my parents and always take their opinions into consideration but this time i knew i was right and i did what i had to without ever disrespecting them or making them feel like they are nothing to me.. my family is very important to me and so is my fiance.. now things are great with everyone.. we both have everyone's support.. and we are trying to stay strong for each other.. he just has his "idiot" moments.. :lol::P

:lol:

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.