1,485 posts in this topic

We drove down Highway 1 along the Pacific Coast from San Francisco to LA in April. We loved it so much we decided to do it for our honeymoon. Last time we were there it was with friends and only 1 day, so this time it will just be us and 7+ days. We saw a bunch of awesome hostels and b&bs along the route. We want to start in Seattle, stop in Nappa Valley, stop in San Francisco, Big Sur, etc. all the way down as far as we can go in California. I can't wait.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

:) thanks and i know its hard. Okie lets talk about something else. I know the wedding talk helped for a bit. What about honeymoon ideas? Where are you all going?

most likely....nowhere :lol: if we manage to save up,thailand will be our honeymoon,since ive been dying to see it from the moment i started to get into eastern asian culture.funny thing,i havent had the guts to try any eastern asian foods yet

Wow!! Sounds like alot of fun!! Road trips are always great!! Love that idea!! We were thinking about going to one of those spa resorts. Just to relax because we have been to stressed out with work and this process that we just wanna relax. So some massages, great food, pools and jacuzzi and each other sounds great! Hehe.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Ygr.. Thats ok you can always go on a vaca another time and say its your honeymoon!! Hehe

i just dont care much about honeymoons,we are very nontraditional,i dont want a big fancy wedding,and i dont want a honymoon,im just tired of being with him in a hotel room enough to consider sleeping in our own bed better than 10 days in bora bora :bonk: (PS: if i believed in honeymoons,bora bora would do it for me,WICKED nice place ).

hope our non traditionalism works in our favor for the interview

:) dont worry it will all work out! I dont want a big wedding either. Im having something really small with my parents and siblings and his mom and siblings. And thats exactly what i want!

Same here. We never wanted to be married in our lives, let alone do the whole big production. Also it's quite difficult to be traditional in a situation like this.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We are having a private ceremony in my church with just us, my immediate family and his sister. The following night we are having a small reception with extended family and friends. It'll be a night of latin dancing at our favorite salsa bar in my city! We're being pretty un-traditional as well. It's more us that way. We want the wedding to be about promises to each other--not a big production for everyone else!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We went to TWO weddings on the weekend and it only made me more confused about what I want to do, haha. :wacko:

We're thinking of having a small ceremony for only immediate family and close friends in a nice restaurant, but we don't know which restaurant. Then I think we're going to throw a bigger reception sometime later in the year. A hasn't even proposed formally yet so it's weird to talk about wedding plans when we're not "officially" engaged, haha.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

In theory #CSCK1 will tweet when the next accepted person updates their timeline. Let me know if it works :P

It works! And I have my mobile alerts turned on...just got a text saying Jessica and Clint got approved. Too cool...!

Timeline

Hehe jlovesa yea that would b a bit weird but at the same time its gonna happen because of the visa and u both know it so it shouldnt too weird but then again idk.. Hehe

Oh yeah for sure, I've been talking about wedding plans a lot since the weekend. But then there's little voice in my head that's like, "You psycho, there's not even a ring on your finger!" We informally got engaged pretty much right after we met and realized we had to get married to be together so while I KNOW we're getting married, it's just weird because he hasn't proposed yet.

A, on the other hand, seems quite content never discussing wedding plans. I kind of just want to have an idea but he doesn't seem keen on even hashing out some ideas. Maybe once he proposes I can start pushing him a little more to talk about it, haha.

Haha! Well according to my fiance he dont care really he can even just sign the papers and call it off cuz all that matters is that he is with me(blush). But i am the one that wants to do something religious since its a big step in our lives. So something small is what we will do. He said whatever makes me happy but also when i ask his opinion he will give it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.