1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm making a game for my students right now..... protons & electrons! who wants to playyyyyy?

haha kidding...

Gap1, I think it counts since November since you were "talking romantically" since then :) Plus, when you know, you know. Regardless of time. My fiance and I have known each other 3 years this month, and have been dating long distance for 2.5 years now. It's sure had it's ups and downs, mostly ups, thankfully! Like your fiance, mine is generally great and accommodating to our time difference and considerate of the fact that I get up before the crows. I wish we had filed the K1 from day 1, but there were WAY too many factors against us.... mostly me finishing my undegrad then deciding to get another degree. I regret not doing my 2nd degree in the US, but hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. I really, really hope you guys get NOA2 soon! It will fly through NVC then wing it's way to London!! Ours cleared NVC in a day. It will go so fast for you after NOA2!

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Ygr well i just descibed my fiance and i.. Its all we have. Ph calls and pics.. Its tough but we did it.. And i cant wait to be with him every single day!!!

i know oh boy do i know.

i just really think im pathetic,cause the things people find traditional and so yesterday are the things i cant wait to do in my married life,like being a full time stay at home housewife ( and full time student,thats not too traditional ).just the joy of seeing the love of your life sitting right in front of you,eating the food you cooked and just telling you how great it is.good lord i could faint.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree that the regular physical meetings will help alot.. But when u get to see someone maybe once a year that sucks. And to top it off only phone calls, no skype.. Pictures here and there but nothing to talk about..

If it wasn't for the unlimited phone plan Jamaica offers... I would be up a creek. All this waiting is surely a test..of patience and the will to make it happen. What could you and your loved one not overcome in your relationship after going through this process? :D It would be pretty hard to top immigration procrastination.

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i know oh boy do i know.

i just really think im pathetic,cause the things people find traditional and so yesterday are the things i cant wait to do in my married life,like being a full time stay at home housewife ( and full time student,thats not too traditional ).just the joy of seeing the love of your life sitting right in front of you,eating the food you cooked and just telling you how great it is.good lord i could faint.

I know what you mean. I look forward to the big things but also all the little things. Like going grocery shopping together and doing his laundry (if he lets me, he's a weirdo about his laundry). I was visiting A over the weekend and we were just doing our own thing Sunday night. I was watching TV downstairs while he surfed the Internet upstairs. It was so nice to know I could just go upstairs and he'd be there. It'll be nice when that's permanent.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

I know what you mean. I look forward to the big things but also all the little things. Like going grocery shopping together and doing his laundry (if he lets me, he's a weirdo about his laundry). I was visiting A over the weekend and we were just doing our own thing Sunday night. I was watching TV downstairs while he surfed the Internet upstairs. It was so nice to know I could just go upstairs and he'd be there. It'll be nice when that's permanent.

i know.while i appreciate what distance has brought us ( it helped us focus more on the mental and emotional and logical aspect of our relationship,rather than the physical part ) it has been nearly two years,its about time to not have to relay on crappy internet service and 10 days here,7 days there trips to be with your loved one

Timeline

i know.while i appreciate what distance has brought us ( it helped us focus more on the mental and emotional and logical aspect of our relationship,rather than the physical part ) it has been nearly two years,its about time to not have to relay on crappy internet service and 10 days here,7 days there trips to be with your loved one

For many obvious reasons, LDRs are waayyy harder than normal relationships. In LDRs, you're always on the phone talking about your feelings and stuff. Normal couples aren't engaged in constant communication as much as LD couples. I think you end up having more serious/important conversations since you're not just making idle chat in the car or in front of the TV or whatever. It's kind of exhausting!

Ygr i agree 100% and i had a little of it when i was there for 2 months the beginning of this year. Its one of the most amazing feelings in the world!!! :) and misteem very true what can you not overcome after all this!! 3 yrs my fiance and i have been together and it was basically all long distance even though we met in person then decided we would be together. And we have been through alot worse than this.. And when i say alot worse i mean some of the most horrible things even a couple that see each other everyday go through.. But we got through it with the trust, love and faith we have in each other. This process is adding to another thing we going to get through and be happy together..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I' m a November 2009 CSC filer. A year back, me and my now husband were exactly where many of you are now.

I know it' s not easy to be patient and positive but very soon, for many of you, it' s all gonna be so worth it.

Usually, once the approvals show up all goes much faster.

It' s about time for some of you guys to be approved already, 5 and more months it' s more than enough !

Good luck to you all !

Hey Slovenia! :)

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

A touch yesterday - hopefully it wasn't just the service request being entered and they actually DID SOMETHING. :wacko:

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

It' s about time for some of you guys to be approved already, 5 and more months it' s more than enough !

Seriously...I've paid my dues...$455 and waiting over 5 months now - I know we all need to wait but pleeeeeease I just want to be with my baby. I hate this game. :crying:

So happy for all the June filers being approved but at the same time can't understand why we've gotten passed over. I wish they would just at least give me an explanation at this point of why it is taking longer than others.

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

For many obvious reasons, LDRs are waayyy harder than normal relationships. In LDRs, you're always on the phone talking about your feelings and stuff. Normal couples aren't engaged in constant communication as much as LD couples. I think you end up having more serious/important conversations since you're not just making idle chat in the car or in front of the TV or whatever. It's kind of exhausting!

I absolutely agree with you! With long distance, you HAVE to talk if you're mad; you HAVE to talk if the other person upsets you; you HAVE to talk when you're deliriously happy. We can't just show our loved one those emotions. Moreover, the little things like putting beer bottles in the recycling before rinsing them can't be deal breakers for those in LDRs. We all have phenomonal foundations for incredible marriages......CAN NOT WAIT TO GET MY NOA2......THEN INTERVIEW.....THEN HAVE MY LOVE WITH ME EVERYDAY.

Timeline

good news,someone else updated their timeline,they got their first notice of action on june 22nd,and the second one nov 3rd,july is comin up

Timeline

good news,someone else updated their timeline,they got their first notice of action on june 22nd,and the second one nov 3rd,july is comin up

Weeee that's so exciting!!

Timeline

oh i know i know i know,ive been thinking about sending bee the packet 3 before we even get approved.cause im gonna have to send it to a friend in germany,and then she will have to send it to be,which can take about two weeks,good idea or bad?

Weeee that's so exciting!!

Every time I see that JlovesA or ygr posts in this thread I get all excited that one of you will be reporting a touch or approval. After this is over, the three of us should have a virtual drink.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.