1,485 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I' m a November 2009 CSC filer. A year back, me and my now husband were exactly where many of you are now.

I know it' s not easy to be patient and positive but very soon, for many of you, it' s all gonna be so worth it.

Usually, once the approvals show up all goes much faster.

It' s about time for some of you guys to be approved already, 5 and more months it' s more than enough !

Good luck to you all !

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

I agree that the regular physical meetings will help alot.. But when u get to see someone maybe once a year that sucks. And to top it off only phone calls, no skype.. Pictures here and there but nothing to talk about..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I agree that the regular physical meetings will help alot.. But when u get to see someone maybe once a year that sucks. And to top it off only phone calls, no skype.. Pictures here and there but nothing to talk about..

oh i couldnt possibly imagine life without internet or yahoo,im actually webcamming with bee right now.

thanks for reminding me how worse it could be

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I' m a November 2009 CSC filer. A year back, me and my now husband were exactly where many of you are now.

I know it' s not easy to be patient and positive but very soon, for many of you, it' s all gonna be so worth it.

It' s about time for some of you guys to be approved already, 5 and more months it' s more than enough !

Good luck to you all !

Awww, that was so nice of you to show your support!

Thank u very much, hopefully we will get good news sooN!

I have to agree with you Gap1, my fiance has been WONDERFUL. That's why I haven't been complaining much. We are currently doing our holiday shopping together (albeit by webcam). I love the fact that many places in the UK accept US credit cards. I just shop online and have it shipped to my new overseas families. He, on the other hand, has to tell me what to get and wires the money for his new US families. Are families have been great too and the wedding plans are coming along nicely. This experience has made us stronger. Now I can get off my soapbox and get back to what I was doing. This wait can really test a relationship. Here's to hoping we all are approved THIS month. ;)

Aw that's awesome. Yeah we video chat every weekend and are discussing holiday shopping. Luckily I'm visiting him for new year's, so I'll just bring the gifts with me. I'm so excited! They're going to do the paper Christmas hat tradition thing with me for a New Year's Day dinner. I'm such a nerd, but I love British traditional stuff.

(P.S. someone up there just said "balls are romantic". :lol: )

Hello everyone,

Good luck to you all !

Thanks!

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

me and J have nextel phones...yes those annoying walkie talkies...hahaha, but it has been great so far, we have an unlimited plan, and it feels like we are in the same town.

We talk all the time! :thumbs: or fight.. :lol:

Edited by Rafa&Jus

Awww, that was so nice of you to show your support!

Thank u very much, hopefully we will get good news sooN!

You are welcome ! :)

Hang in there, it' s coming !

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not trying to be smug, but my fiance is amazing and (so far) we haven't had any problems. I guess it's a combination of a few factors. We've only known our relationship long distance. We never had more than a month together at one time, so we never had the chance to get used to each other being around. We're also both extremely talkative and are aspiring writers, so we don't go longer than a sleep cycle without speaking. We also decided to get married very quickly. We've barely been together a year (we've been friends for nearly 4 years). I don't know how anyone deals with this madness for longer than a year. We'd lose our minds. Anyway, I'm sure if we had been separated by an ocean for several years we'd probably be fighting more...but right now we've been in a honeymoon phase for 11 months, and it's showing no signs of stopping. I adore him. Sorry, I gross myself out sometimes.

His mom just bought her dress for the wedding. I think that's pretty sweet.

It sounds like you and your fiancé started dating around the same time A and I did. November 22 will be 11 months for us. Already this feels like it's too long to be apart, I couldn't have been dating someone this long without plans in the works to be living closer.

That said, we have the occasional argument here and there. I'm divorced and (think) I understand marriage very well. A has never lived with anyone before and doesn't seem to grasp that his life WILL change once we're married. Everything we argue about is usually related to that. Otherwise things are still good. Immigration is so stressful, there needs to be some place other than VJthat people can get help with these pressures. Non-immigrating people just can't fully comprehend.

Anyhoo I'm gonna stop cluttering. I'm waiting for my flat tire to get fixed, grr.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Congrats (again) missicy!! Yay!! :D

Edited by Nikki + Tomislav

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Timeline

Gap1...hahah, OMG!

I did feel like something was wrong as I was writing it, but I didn´t realize it until you pointed it out...hahah, that´s so me though!

My fiance says I have to make up my own dictionary, cause I come up with the most ridiculous words or phrases...hahah

Well, I guess after all " balls" could be romantic. :rofl:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

(P.S. someone up there just said "balls are romantic". :lol: )

balls are supposed to be romantic,a romantic night for armed forces to get all fancied up ( i dont know how not being able to wear anything but the blues for marines is fancy )and all,yet they have a dress code,it usually looks more like prom than actual ball with adults in it.

at least next year ill be legal to drink and i can froce myself into thinking im not in the prom i missed out on :yes:

ooo and yeah i am negative about nearly everything,its like me leaving my own mark on everything

Edited by ygr

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

balls are supposed to be romantic,a romantic night for armed forces to get all fancied up ( i dont know how not being able to wear anything but the blues for marines is fancy )and all,yet they have a dress code,it usually looks more like prom than actual ball with adults in it.

at least next year ill be legal to drink and i can froce myself into thinking im not in the prom i missed out on :yes:

ooo and yeah i am negative about nearly everything,its like me leaving my own mark on everything

I think gap1 was more so referring to a certain male reproductive organ

haha some things are always funny.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Gap1...hahah, OMG!

I did feel like something was wrong as I was writing it, but I didn´t realize it until you pointed it out...hahah, that´s so me though!

My fiance says I have to make up my own dictionary, cause I come up with the most ridiculous words or phrases...hahah

Well, I guess after all " balls" could be romantic. :rofl:

No you said it correctly, I just have a very immature sense of humor. :whistle:

JlovesA, actually you started dating a bit before us. It's complicated. We started talking romantically in November (I got really drunk and sent him an email confessing everything one night) but didn't actually get to physically be together (first dates, etc) until I went there in Feb.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No you said it correctly, I just have a very immature sense of humor. :whistle:

JlovesA, actually you started dating a bit before us. It's complicated. We started talking romantically in November (I got really drunk and sent him an email confessing everything one night) but didn't actually get to physically be together (first dates, etc) until I went there in Feb.

Haha regardless, our relationships seemed to start around the same time. We didn't know anything about each other until the beginning of December. I think he knew my first name and whatever he'd read on my blog, and all I knew was that he was some wannabe hipster with a Twitter account. :lol:

For having not met on dating websites, I think you and I win the award for "quickest realization we need to send the I-129F YESTERDAY." Most people wait a lot longer than we did to file. We actually would have filed sooner but we were waiting for my divorce to be final. Funny how it all works out, though.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.