Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone - sorry about the wait Brenda2010, it's so frustrating... Hoping you'll hear something real soon!

Thanks again to J &J; she always has the answer to calm us down good.gif

I'm in Canada now for a visit; leaving on Tuesday. It's been great, the weather is just beautiful and the leaves are full of color!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

That's great Vero. Glad you got to visit. Guess you are there for Thanksgiving? We were going to go but changed it to Dec.

So we apparently are extremely lucky. I got a letter in the mail today saying they approved my removal of conditions and I'll receive my green card within 60 days. I was approved on Oct. 3rd. hip hip hooray!!! I'm so happy.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Congrats mandaNchris, what a relief!

I so envy you being in Canada Vero, it is such a lovely time of year - so weird in Baltimore...we had a 90 degree weekend! Can't wait to put on a sweater and a pair of boots.

Update: I got fed up waiting so I went on the USCIS site again this morning - status was the same but there was a # to call (1-800-375-5283) if you felt your case was taking longer than usual. Called the #, 5 mins later spoke to a representative who confirmed that indeed, mine was outside the normal processing times of 6 months from application. I filed end of March and Vermont's now processing end of April. Lord!

Now they're going to send an inquiry to the Vermont office, hopefully that'll speed things up, but in the interim I can expect a 30 day wait to get their response to the inquiry. Nice. I think I'd like to work for the USCIS, long turnaround time = less workplace stress, hahaha!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Thanks Brenda :)

The weird part is the letter came from the Vermont service center. So why I got a notice that my case was transferred to the California center is a mystery. I swear they just like to mess with people's minds lol

Glad you called that number Brenda. I hope you hear something soon.

I do wonder how many applications they have to look through and how much time it really takes. I think I would hate their job. Looking through so many personal things of others, I would feel like I'm invading their life..... Well I guess that's the point of it but I couldn't do it lol

Hoping you are having a awesome visit back home Vero, I soon will be making a visit, can't wait.

Congrats mandaNchris on the approval.

Brenda, hope that phone call helped you guys out, it's just crazy of how long it's taking them. They should give you a reward for being so patient..heh Hope you hear something reallll sooon.

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nickbits ...... 9/17/12 ..... 09/25/12 ........ 10/23/12 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 04/16/13(a) .... 06/14/13
J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12 ........ 01/02/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 05/30/13(a) .... 06/06/13
Vero and Chris. 1/03/13 ..... 01/07/13 ........ 02/08/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/21/13(a) .... 06/27/13
Val erie ...... 1/29/13 ..... 01/31/13 ........ 02/28/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/25/13(a)

Rose416 ....... 2/xx/13 ..... 02/xx/13 ........ 02/14/13

ken and kate .. 3/11/13 ..... 03/16/13 ........ 04/10/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 08/04/13(a) .... 08/05/13
Brenda2010 .... 3/21/13 ..... 03/29/13 ........ 04/30/13

mandaNchris ... 5/13/13 ..... 05/23/13 ........ 06/24/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 10/03/13(a)

Alaba ......... 4/13/13 ..... 04/25/13 ........ 05/11/13 ...... 08/21

Congratulations mandaNchris! Done with it all for 10 years!

I'm glad you called Brenda2010, let us know what happens!

Visit was great, had awesome weather. Sometimes when I go visit I wonder "why aren't we leaving here again?!?"

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nickbits ...... 9/17/12 ..... 09/25/12 ........ 10/23/12 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 04/16/13(a) .... 06/14/13
J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12 ........ 01/02/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 05/30/13(a) .... 06/06/13
Vero and Chris. 1/03/13 ..... 01/07/13 ........ 02/08/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/21/13(a) .... 06/27/13
Val erie ...... 1/29/13 ..... 01/31/13 ........ 02/28/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/25/13(a)

Rose416 ....... 2/xx/13 ..... 02/xx/13 ........ 02/14/13

ken and kate .. 3/11/13 ..... 03/16/13 ........ 04/10/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 08/04/13(a) .... 08/05/13
Brenda2010 .... 3/21/13 ..... 03/29/13 ........ 04/30/13

mandaNchris ... 5/13/13 ..... 05/23/13 ........ 06/24/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 10/03/13(a) .... 10/18/13

Alaba ......... 4/13/13 ..... 04/25/13 ........ 05/11/13 ...... 08/21

Congrats good.gif !

Edited by Vero and Chris

smile.png Thanks Vero.

Three more people to go and our little group will be done. What are we all going to do then? lol I hope we still stay in touch over the years. This group is like family now to me. Don't talk all the time but it's great when we do lol

Glad your gc arrived safely mandaNchris, great feeling isn't it!!

Just like manda said, I hope we all still keep in touch, we've been though so much together with this immigration stuff over the years. It was always nice to have someone to talk to and have guidance though this stressful process. Ya'll are the best :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Thanks J&J! It feels amazing lol

The support and guidance has been awesome and I am glad we all shared it together. We are great people here :)

• 2 weeks later...

You really are the best people, I'll miss you guys!

Looks like I'm in it for a while still - 2 days ago got a letter from USCIS saying they couldn't get a hit on my fingerprints taken back in APRIL!! Way to go guys, nothing like waiting 6 months to tell me that. So I've got an appt to do the prints again November 14 but I'm just gonna do a walk in. Lord. This is what happened with my 2 year card - I ended up going 3 times, the last time to a special 'print' place. Blech.

Patience, must have patience...

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Holy cow they sure did take their sweet time letting you know about this. How the heck does that take so long? Shouldn't they know at the biometrics place if they got them right or not? I know for my AOS they lady did mine a couple of times until she got a clear print. I'm sorry they are dragging their butts on your case. That is so frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.