Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Yeah, thunderstorms pretty much every day, it's been weird. Too bad about not being able to make it to Colorado Springs, it's a nice place. Homeownership seems like a whole new batch of things to learn and handle.. but look on the bright side, you have a nice new HVAC unit!

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Congrats Ken and Kate on the approval :)

Sorry to hear about the central heating a cooling unit Vero, don't you hate when things happen at the wrong time, but like Ken and Kate mentioned at least you will get to enjoy a brand new cooling unit :) I wouldn't mind a new one right about now, it's feeling like 110 in Texas right now....Ugh Tooo Hot!!! We got a old HVAC unit, it's not keeping up.

Summer is going well here, my brother was here for a week vaca and my dad will be coming down this month. Other then that, same ol' same ol'.

OHhhh...Can you pass us some rain :D hehe

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, a new unit will be nice though, that's one good thing about the entire situation!

So I have a question for everyone. We're planning on going on our honeymoon in the spring (better late than never!) and at first I was thinking of New Zealand but with having to change the unit, no way that can happen, what destination do you suggest? Or been to? Looking for an all-inclusive type deal.

Any suggestions welcome!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hey guys! Got a letter in the mail yesterday, thought it was my 10yr green card, it was not. I recieved an RFE, which sucks, but life goes on, now. Have to gather more information of our marriage. So keep me in ur prayers!

On the bright side, this forum post oficially turns 3 years old tomorrow, with that being said we have all been posting here and the A-crew visa times for about 4 years....crazzzzzy. Fun ride!

Nov 25, 2009: Sent out I-129F Package

Nov 30, 2009: Received NOA1

Mar 31, 2010: NOA 2 Approved

Apr 02, 2010: NVC Received

Apr 04, 2010: NVC Left

Apr 07, 2010: Consulate Received

Apr 26, 2010: Packet 3 Received

Apr 27, 2010: Packet 3 Sent

Jun 28, 2010: Packet 4 Received

May 12, 2010: Medical

Aug 11 2010: Interview Date

APPROVED!!!: Interview Result

Oct 19, 2010: POE

Nov 21, 2010: MARRIED!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2011: AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Mar 17, 2011: AOS Package recieved Signed for by Jay

Apr 26, 2011: NOA Hard Copies Recieved for AOS, EAD and AP

May 10, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

May 12, 2011: Email - Approved EAD/AP

May 21, 2011: Combo Card Arrived in Mail

July 5, 2011: AOS Interview -------- APPROVED!!!!

Oh no Alaba! That stinks. Hope you are able to get past this little bump in the road quickly.

Sorry your plans got ruined Vero. We haven't been anywhere lately but when we were talking about going on a late honeymoon Chris' family suggested a cruise. I wasn't too keen on this idea because boats scare me but it is all inclusive and you can get great deals if you shop around. Just a thought.

We haven't heard anything with our visa boo. I guess no news is good news in this case because that means no RFEs, which I am thankful for.

In other news, a couple of months ago Chris was told by couple little birdies (his boss and the boss above his boss) he will be getting a "big offer sooner rather then later" and a superviser at another shop was just fired last week. So fingers crossed he gets a big promotion.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else :-D

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nickbits ...... 9/17/12 ..... 09/25/12 ........ 10/23/12 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 04/16/13(a) .... 06/14/13
J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12 ........ 01/02/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 05/30/13(a) .... 06/06/13
Vero and Chris. 1/03/13 ..... 01/07/13 ........ 02/08/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/21/13(a) .... 06/27/13
Val erie ...... 1/29/13 ..... 01/31/13 ........ 02/28/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 06/25/13(a)

Rose416 ....... 2/xx/13 ..... 02/xx/13 ........ 02/14/13

ken and kate .. 3/11/13 ..... 03/16/13 ........ 04/10/13 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 08/04/13(a) .... 08/05/13
Brenda2010 .... 3/21/13 ..... 03/29/13 ........ 04/30/13

mandaNchris ... 5/13/13 ..... 05/23/13 ........ 06/24/13

Alaba ......... 4/13/13 ..... 04/25/13 ........ 05/11/13 ...... 08/21

Sorry to hear about the RFE Alaba, are they asking a lot from you guys? Keep us posted when you send it in or whenever you head anything... What a pain tough mad.gif

Fingers and toes crossed for the big promotion! I hear ya about cruises, I think I would get claustrophobic on a boat, but apparently cruises are awemose!

I hope everyone else is doing great, like you said Alaba, it's crazy thinking it's been 3 years already! I'm so glad I had you all to lean on during this immigration stuff! I don't think there was any other way I would have stayed sane really!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Wow, just catching up on all the news...you guys have been busy! I was up in Canada for 3 weeks in August, so wonderful - the weather, the swiss chalet, poutine, hahaha!

That totally sucks about the RFE Alaba, sorry - I filed 3 weeks before you and am still expecting to get one any day based on their previous problems with my fingerprints. Lord. Seems so dumb - filing so long ago and just getting the RFE now. Oh well, just have to be patient.

Vero - yeah, we're experiencing home ownership woes/expenses as well. Our previous house was small, well built, no problems at all, but this one is much bigger and older and poorly renovated (which is why we got it for a good deal so I guess I shouldn't complain) - but I tell ya, if it's not the sewer backing up it's appliances breaking down, insulation issues. Jees. I love it, just a bit tired of forking out money all the time. Wish I was handy/could fix stuff myself. Oh well. Oh hey, honeymoon ideas - I've travelled a lot over the years, been to loads of all inclusives...any place in particular you wanna go? I love Mexico and am a huge fan of the RIU all inclusive resorts (which are all over the caribbean), check 'em out, lemme know if you have any questions.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Vero. Still haven't heard anything from the bosses. I'm guessing they decided to go with someone else. It's probably for the best. Chris really enjoys his job and probably would have went crazy being in the office instead of getting his hands dirty lol.

I've been trying to check my case on the USCIS website but its not doing anything. Is anyone else having issues?

Got a letter in the mail today saying they transferred our case from the Vermont service center to the California center. Does this mean we start over in our wait time? Are we going to have to redo biometrics? Grr I hate this #######.

Timeline

Got a letter in the mail today saying they transferred our case from the Vermont service center to the California center. Does this mean we start over in our wait time? Are we going to have to redo biometrics? Grr I hate this #######.

Mumm that's strange... I don't know if this happens a lot or anything about it really. You might want to ask on the Canada forum, see if this has happened and what it means.

Sorry about it, I bet it's frustration as hell right now :/ Sending you positive thoughts!

Thanks Vero. I have no idea why they would transfer it there. It says that our center is the Vermont one on the USCIS site. I'm also wondering why after all this time has passed that they decided now to transfer it. It just seems so weird to me.

Thanks Vero. I have no idea why they would transfer it there. It says that our center is the Vermont one on the USCIS site. I'm also wondering why after all this time has passed that they decided now to transfer it. It just seems so weird to me.

That is very odd, sorry, super frustrating! My case seems to be stuck in limbo - have heard nothing, filed back in March, just checked on the uscis site and it's still under 'initial review'. Hate the waiting!!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Dang Brenda, hope you hear something soon. I hate the waiting game too. It would be nice to know something, eh? Like them just writing a note saying we haven't forgotten about you lol

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.. Sorry to hear about the RFE Alba, but hoping you guys hear something soon, same with Brenda2010.

mandaNchris, just looked at the other May fillers for 2013 and a lot of the people who sent there package into Vermont are getting transfers to the California center, so you guys aren't the only ones :) Here's the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/427555-i-751-may-2013-filers/

Glad everyone is doing well otherwise!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.