Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

So we have been bad and just didn't get around to putting our package together and time has just flew by, so we are late now. I'm not sure what to send. We don't have our mortgage in both our name because Chris bought our house long before we got married and before we were even engaged. All our bills are in his name. We do have a bank account together, life insurance polices and I am on his health insurance. What secondary evidence did you all submit?

It says to send in birth certificates of children born into the marriage. Our son was born in 2008, do we send in his birth abroad or not? Im not really sure what "born into the marriage" means. Does it mean any children born after we got married or any children that we are both parents to?

I sent in everything I had. Joint deed, bank statements insurance (health, auto). Didn't have mortgage in both names and no kids but that didn't seem to be an issue.

I think any birth certificates that show both of you as parents is good evidence.. where/when it is from shouldn't matter much.

So we have been bad and just didn't get around to putting our package together and time has just flew by, so we are late now. I'm not sure what to send. We don't have our mortgage in both our name because Chris bought our house long before we got married and before we were even engaged. All our bills are in his name. We do have a bank account together, life insurance polices and I am on his health insurance. What secondary evidence did you all submit?

It says to send in birth certificates of children born into the marriage. Our son was born in 2008, do we send in his birth abroad or not? Im not really sure what "born into the marriage" means. Does it mean any children born after we got married or any children that we are both parents to?

Just to name a few you might be able to use:

-Drivers license or id cards with same address

-joint bank account statements that took place within the 2 years, even any saving accounts you may have together.

-Health insurance/Dental/life insurance statements listing you and your son on your husbands insurance.

-Medical bills with same address.

-Any mail... some with your name and some with his name with same address.

-Car insurance with both names.

-Joint tax returns

I would add your son's information too, stating you both are the parents to your son...Send in his birth certificate or any registration stating you both as parents, any activities that may require parent information....Pictures of ya'll together in a family setting.

You can also use Affidavits from family and friends.

This can be a start!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Thanks guys! Well we are putting it together and will hopefully have it sent out by the end of the week. Can't wait for this to be done.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Hey guys! I know im not one of your crew, but just wanted to let you know my ROC was approved today, i filed with VSC mid-november! If it can give you some hope :)

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Hey guys! I know im not one of your crew, but just wanted to let you know my ROC was approved today, i filed with VSC mid-november! If it can give you some hope smile.png

Congratulations, That is awesome news!! Hopefully December fillers will get approved next month, if we are lucky smile.png

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Hey guys - so had my biometrics appt yesterday, guess I won't hear anything till a decision's been made or an interview's requested right? There's no notification of bio receipt or anything?

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Hey guys - so had my biometrics appt yesterday, guess I won't hear anything till a decision's been made or an interview's requested right? There's no notification of bio receipt or anything?

Yup, now you just wait smile.png They won't send you a receipt for bio appointment in mail.

Yup, now you just wait smile.png They won't send you a receipt for bio appointment in mail.

Damn, that's what I was afraid of more waiting, lol! You'd think I'd be used to this by now, patience is not my best quality :)

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

FYI if anyone is looking for touches on their account, don't bother. The last touch on mine was when they received the packet (09/20/2012). Nothing for biometrics. Nothing after it was approved.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, so much has happened since I was last on here!

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nickbits ...... 9/17/12 ..... 09/25/12 ........ 10/23/12 ...... N/A .... N/A .......... 04/16/13(a) ....
J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12 ........ 01/02/13
Vero and Chris. 1/03/13 ..... 01/07/13 ........ 02/08/13
Val erie ...... 1/29/13 ..... 01/31/13 ........ 02/28/13
ken and kate .. 3/11/13 ..... 03/16/13 ........ 04/10/13
Brenda2010 .... 3/21/13 ..... 03/29/13 ........ 04/30/13
Rose416 ....... 2/xx/13 ..... 02/xx/13 ........ 02/14/13

Congratulations nickbits and AandB! That's great news!!! And smooth process!

Yeah, it seems like with Vermont it's looking like it'll be a while, but I agree J&J, this is not as bad as waiting for the fiance visa!

I know it'll be a while but that's ok, I'm here and things are not too shabby smile.png

Glad your biometrics went well and is done with! And yeah, no notices, just waiting at this point!

nickbits, did you receive the notification by email or by mail? Email, right?

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys! Well we are putting it together and will hopefully have it sent out by the end of the week. Can't wait for this to be done.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Just sent anything you feel is pertinent in showing your continued life together; I even sent photocopies of envelopes we've received in both our names at our different addresses. Anything from bills to pictures...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

nickbits, did you receive the notification by email or by mail? Email, right?

Regular mail... Nothing from email. I wonder if there was a different number I was supposed to enter in the USCIS site than the one I did because it seems odd that there was no activity on it.

Regular mail... Nothing from email. I wonder if there was a different number I was supposed to enter in the USCIS site than the one I did because it seems odd that there was no activity on it.

I think you use the one that is on your biometrics letter, that's the one that works for me online.

So renewed my drivers license today - got a new one for 8 years, weird, thought it would only be extended for 1 year as per the extension letter (which they were not interested in seeing, just my green card).

Constantly amazed at the somewhat arbitrary way things are done, oh well, at least I got it.

Well we are sending it in tomorrow. We have our health insurance with all our names on it, Life insurance naming each other as beneficiary, bank account with both our names on it, Alex's birth abroad certificate, copy of my green card, taxes for 2012 and two affidavits (one from our next door neighbor and one from Chris' mom). I hope that is enough. I guess we will see.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.