Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Oh nice!!! That's awesome, and pretty quick too, enh? :thumbs: They have a number engraved in the back now, does yours have that too?

I have to send mine in now, I had to wait until July ended because the expiration date was July 2013, and apparently you can send a form when there's a year left on the passport. I'll keep you posted!

Chris and I are closing on our house next Wednesday if all is OK (foreclosures can be complicated I hear, and so far, it's been a nightmare!)I was doing good as far as not getting ahead of myself and being too excited... But I can't believe that a week from now, I might have the keys to our house!!! And we bought a couch too last weekend! I'll let you guys know how it all turns out!

Yuppers pretty quick.. it must of sat there for a whole week though cause nothing was taken out of our account till the very last week. Yeah, they have a number made with tiny pin holes on every page but the front.

So excited to hear about the closing of the house, i'm wishing all goes well next Wednesday, i'll be thinking of ya'll and keeping my fingers crossed :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yuppers pretty quick.. it must of sat there for a whole week though cause nothing was taken out of our account till the very last week. Yeah, they have a number made with tiny pin holes on every page but the front.

So excited to hear about the closing of the house, i'm wishing all goes well next Wednesday, i'll be thinking of ya'll and keeping my fingers crossed :)

I know!!! I'm so excited too!!! Knock on wood, crossed fingers and toes!

Silly question about the passport thing, what address did you mail it in? The Gatineau address on the form, right?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I know!!! I'm so excited too!!! Knock on wood, crossed fingers and toes!

Silly question about the passport thing, what address did you mail it in? The Gatineau address on the form, right?

Yes Ma'am, I sent it UPS so I sent it to the Courier address:

BY COURIER

Passport Canada 22 de Varennes Street Gatineau QC J8T 8R1 CANADA

I sent my filled in form, with the guarantor section all signed. 2 passport photos, one with the guarantors signature. My original Birth certificate and original marriage certificate and valid passport. Sent copies of my Permanent resident card and Texas id card front and back with my guarantors signature and date on it. I wrote a note saying I would like my old passport back with all documents and of course the money page. :P

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Yes Ma'am, I sent it UPS so I sent it to the Courier address:

BY COURIER

Passport Canada 22 de Varennes Street Gatineau QC J8T 8R1 CANADA

I sent my filled in form, with the guarantor section all signed. 2 passport photos, one with the guarantors signature. My original Birth certificate and original marriage certificate and valid passport. Sent copies of my Permanent resident card and Texas id card front and back with my guarantors signature and date on it. I wrote a note saying I would like my old passport back with all documents and of course the money page. :P

I need to send my marriage certificate? :wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I need to send my marriage certificate? :wacko:

I don't think I read it on the instruction sheet, but when I called the passport Canada number it said if you are doing a name change you need to provide your marriage license. So I just sent my original.

Timeline

I don't think I read it on the instruction sheet, but when I called the passport Canada number it said if you are doing a name change you need to provide your marriage license. So I just sent my original.

Yeah, I read it last night, and it's on there. It's a good thing I read your post or I would have completely forgotten about that! :bonk: I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have this website, I swear!!!

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here.

Vero, my niece that was visiting is 13 years old. She was such a big help around here with Alex and she made me breakfast every day. It was wonderful and I miss her a lot. Alex told me today that he misses her and is sad. We are hoping to go visit for Canadian thanksgiving. My nieces and nephew are like siblings to Alex because we lived with them for 2 and a half years of his life. He is always talking about them and asking when we are going to visit them. I love that they have that strong bond.

How is everything with your house going? I hope you get the keys to it soon.

J&J how are things with you?

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

Hello all!

Mailed passport application yesterday! Knock on wood for me!

We're supposed to close on the house today, but we're not sure yet. It could be tomorrow or Friday. We're waiting on the seller, and since it's a foreclosure, it's the biggest headache you can imagine... I'm not moving for the next 40 years, I swear!

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been on here.

Vero, my niece that was visiting is 13 years old. She was such a big help around here with Alex and she made me breakfast every day. It was wonderful and I miss her a lot. Alex told me today that he misses her and is sad. We are hoping to go visit for Canadian thanksgiving. My nieces and nephew are like siblings to Alex because we lived with them for 2 and a half years of his life. He is always talking about them and asking when we are going to visit them. I love that they have that strong bond.

How is everything with your house going? I hope you get the keys to it soon.

J&J how are things with you?

Your son is lucky to be so close with his cousins! That's awesome, they'll create such great memories together!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Well... I'm now officially a home owner! :dance: Chris and I are so happy to have a place of our own! We have a LOT of cleaning to do, and in retrospect, I think I should have taken 2 weeks off to get it all done without having to work during the day. I'm exhausted!!!

I also noticed that Passport Canada charged my card, so I guess I can expect my passport back soon?

How's everyone doing?

Hi everyone!

Well... I'm now officially a home owner! :dance: Chris and I are so happy to have a place of our own!

that's awesome vero!

my son is starting 5th grade next tuesday - this summer FLEW by. seriously, why did time stand still through the k1 wait and now everything just whizzes by!

anybody starting to stress about ROC yet?

i am - see those wait times???

Edited by val erie

Hi everyone!

Well... I'm now officially a home owner! :dance: Chris and I are so happy to have a place of our own! We have a LOT of cleaning to do, and in retrospect, I think I should have taken 2 weeks off to get it all done without having to work during the day. I'm exhausted!!!

I also noticed that Passport Canada charged my card, so I guess I can expect my passport back soon?

How's everyone doing?

that is awesome! Congrats to you and Chris. Wow that was pretty fast for your passport. I hope mine goes that well when I have to do it.

Everything is going alright here. Just back to our normal everyday routine.

that's awesome vero!

my son is starting 5th grade next tuesday - this summer FLEW by. seriously, why did time stand still through the k1 wait and now everything just whizzes by!

anybody starting to stress about ROC yet?

i am - see those wait times???

I haven't even looked into ROC yet cause I'm a bit scared to lol I hope its easy and goes as well as our AOS.

Well I must be loosin' it, because I can't remember how to MultiQuote on here. So here is one reply for all :P

mandaNchris: I'm doing great, been keeping busy. I will be leaving tomorrow for a visit back home, i'm so excited to see everyone and spend some time back in my hometown. Glad to hear everything is well with you guys too.

Vero and Chris: Did you end up getting your passport back yet? We are so Very Happy that you guys got the house, must of been a great feeling. Congrats :dance: Did you guys start moving yet?

val erie: Good to hear from you. Time sure does fly by, can't believe we will be doing ROC soon, but i'm not gonna worry about that till Nov..hehe

Glad to hear all is well, take care and talk soon!!

Edited by J & J

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Yes, the house is great! I've been cleaning, painting, and all that fun stuff non stop for last 2 weeks! We're hoping to move in by Labor Day weekend, hopefully!

Glad to hear from you valerie! What about wait times, is it bad? Gosh, and here I was hoping it would be smooth sailing from AOS on... :blink:

I think we can only file 3 months prior to the expiration date on the green card, correct?

Oh! And yes, received my passport yesterday, and they had tried to deliver it twice, so it took two weeks to the day. Pretty quick!

Glad to hear from you valerie! What about wait times, is it bad? Gosh, and here I was hoping it would be smooth sailing from AOS on... :blink:

I think we can only file 3 months prior to the expiration date on the green card, correct?

looks like people are able to file for naturalization before they get ROC completed..

i'm just worried about evidence. all we do is work pretty much, we haven't gone on any vacations and the one we went on last summer, we didn't take any pictures.. we're not picture people :)

awesome about your house vero :) we finally got into a house last october, we're renting. it's a hundred times better than that damn townhouse :) with a ten year old, a 100lb dog and three cats - there was no room left!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.