Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

I think interviews are possible throughout the entire process. I don't think it necessarily means they are suspicious of your case, they probably have quotas to meet and what not. I hope I don't get one then, I already had two so far, I feel like we've proved enough! We'll see when we get there I guess... :wacko:

Alaba, did you receive your green card yet?

Oh great. Here I thought we were done with pointless interviews lol Oh well should have known there would be more.

What have you all done with your AP and Work authorization cards now that they aren't needed? Do we cut them up and throw them out? Keep them hidden or what?

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Got a new car this weekend! Woohoo! 0% financing with Mazda! I'm pretty excited! It's a stick though, so I have to practice before I can take it to work!

Wouldn't want to crash that one!

Congrats on the new car you guys :thumbs:

What have you all done with your AP and Work authorization cards now that they aren't needed? Do we cut them up and throw them out? Keep them hidden or what?

I just put mine away, I have a habit of keeping everything :P

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to wish congrats to everyone for getting all their stuff processed! I can't believe how fast time has flown...I am 6 weeks away from being in the US for one year! Yikes! Time flies!

Hope all is well for everyone...

Take care! :star:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

I think interviews are possible throughout the entire process. I don't think it necessarily means they are suspicious of your case, they probably have quotas to meet and what not. I hope I don't get one then, I already had two so far, I feel like we've proved enough! We'll see when we get there I guess... :wacko:

Alaba, did you receive your green card yet?

Yes, sorry I didn't wrie, I recieved my green card on Wed July 13! Really Happy! I'm actually in Buffalo, NY right now, i'm gonna be traveling around till next month, I've been in Buffalo for a week, then thrusday i'm off to Conneticut for two weeks, then the Bronx NY for a week, then Newark NJ for a week, then off to Rochester NY for a week then August 21, I shall arive to my final destination of Canada and I cannot wait for that! Really excited. My sister is getting married so I will be there for a couple weeks!

Since I've been i PR so long I've had to eat the food that is there, but as soon as I got to Buffalo, first thing i did was go to Timmy's and hammer a Large Ice Cap and a bagel with cream cheese (toasted of course), tasted like heaven. :D... Cant wait to kill some food in Canada!

About the interviews, i heard of this one couple in PR who someone told me that they are always getting interviewed, i don't know how true that is, but they told me that they go every couple years... who knows... :S

Here's a question from me, what are the conditions of our green card? Is it just proving again our relationship in 2 years?

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Nov 25, 2009: Sent out I-129F Package

Nov 30, 2009: Received NOA1

Mar 31, 2010: NOA 2 Approved

Apr 02, 2010: NVC Received

Apr 04, 2010: NVC Left

Apr 07, 2010: Consulate Received

Apr 26, 2010: Packet 3 Received

Apr 27, 2010: Packet 3 Sent

Jun 28, 2010: Packet 4 Received

May 12, 2010: Medical

Aug 11 2010: Interview Date

APPROVED!!!: Interview Result

Oct 19, 2010: POE

Nov 21, 2010: MARRIED!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2011: AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Mar 17, 2011: AOS Package recieved Signed for by Jay

Apr 26, 2011: NOA Hard Copies Recieved for AOS, EAD and AP

May 10, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

May 12, 2011: Email - Approved EAD/AP

May 21, 2011: Combo Card Arrived in Mail

July 5, 2011: AOS Interview -------- APPROVED!!!!

Hey everyone, been a while! Heading up to Toronto next week, first time since I arrived end of December, can't wait!

Glad to hear everything's moving along, people are getting settled, cars at 0% interest :)!

Alaba - yeah, that's my understanding, that they want us to check in in 2 years to validate the relationship/that we're still together in order to keep the gc/status.

Wow is it ever hot here in Baltimore!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Vero what type of Mazda did you get!? We bought a 2011 Mazda 3 (iTouring) back in January....LOVE it!!!

And guys can you believe its almost been a year since our interviews...I just saw a new thread for August 2011 interviews and was kinda blown away a little bit. I remember last year at this time to well...all the unknowns, ack its gone by so quick!!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Wow, I'm so busy during the week that I don't have time to come on here anymore! I feel bad! Hahaha!

Things are good, aren't they? Remember that in about two weeks, it'll be a year ago that we were all desperate to move here with our loved ones. It's crazy to think about how far we've come. I know I'm amazed by all the chances that have happened in my life, good and bad. I feel complete now, I feel like this is where I was meant to be, and even though it wasn't all nice and peachy for a while, gosh it's worth it now!!!

I'm glad to hear from you guys, Brenda2010 and Wishing! And the crazy thing Wishing, is that we got the EXACT same car!!!! We love it too!!! What color is yours???

Alaba, congrats on getting your green card in the mail! Gosh, we're all done! What are we gonna do now? Well, I'm not trying to get all sentimental here, but I need you all to know that if I didn't have this crew to get me through the bad and good times, I don't think I could have made it. And I'm not exaggerating. It's not like my family and friends could relate, and knowing people that were doing the exact same thing as I was doing it, made it feel more human in several ways. I love you guys! :lol:

Well, let's keep in touch, and you guys can be sure that I will pop on here regularly, and I'll be ready in August 2012 (that's right, right?) for our removal of conditions! That might be too early, but a lot of us actually will need to start that process at that time!

Congrats to all of us! Here's to a lifetime of happiness in the US, and here's to happy marriages! :thumbs:

User .......... AOS sent .... NOAs ...... Bio. App ... AP Result ..... EAD Result .... Inter./Transf. .... AOS Result ...... Card Revd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaba ......... 03/16/11 ... 04/02/11 ... 05/10/11 ... 05/12/11(a) ... 05/12/11(a) ... Int: 07/05/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 07/13/11

mandaNchris ... 03/11/11 ... 04/02/11 ... 04/22/11 ... --- n/a --- ... 05/24/11(a) ... Tra: 05/12/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 06/21/11

Brenda2010 .... 02/28/11 ... 03/07/11 ... 04/05/11 ... 04/26/11(a) ... 04/26/11(a) ... Tra: 03/24/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 06/21/11

Rose416 ....... 09/25/10 ... 10/08/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 11/22/10(a) ... 11/23/10(a) ... Int: 02/07/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

Vero and Chris. 10/06/10 ... 10/18/10 ... 11/24/10 ... 12/14/10(a) ... 12/17/10(a) ... Int: 03/10/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 03/18/11

J & J ......... 12/06/10 ... 12/13/10 ... 01/05/11 ... 02/11/11(a) ... 02/11/11(a) ... Tra: 01/19/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

Wishing ....... 10/11/10 ... 10/20/10 ... 11/12/10 ... 12/21/10(a) ... 12/21/10(a) ... Int: 01/11/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 01/21/11

Valerie78 ..... 11/17/10 ... 11/24/10 ... 01/18/11 ... 02/08/11(a) ... 01/28/11(a) ... Tra: 01/18/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

nickbits ...... 09/16/10 ... 09/24/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 11/16/10(a) ... 11/16/10(a) ... Int: 12/13/10 ..... -Approved!- ..... 12/23/10

Tater&####### .. 10/08/10 ... 10/19/10 ... 11/09/10 ... 01/11/11(a) ... 01/14/11(a) ... Int: 03/03/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 03/14/11

ken and kate .. 11/15/10 ... 11/23/10 ... 01/06/11 ... --- n/a --- ... 01/28/11(a) ... Int: 03/29/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 04/07/11

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Awww, you are just the sweetest Vero! I feel exactly the same way you do about our little family on VJ...don't know what I would've done without you guys.

Definitely, let's keep in touch and then we'll plough through the removal of conditions together. Congrats and very best wishes to you too!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Same here, I couldn't have made it without you all. Thanks for helping out and the laughs. You all are amazing.

I'm in Canada right now. My aunt had to have surgery today and I wanted to be here for her. The surgery went great and she is doing well. Been having a blast with seeing all the family I have missed so much.

Hey Guys :)

I can't believe it's August already, was just thinking about how stressed we all were this time last year. heh.. Very Glad that is over with. Everyone has been such a big help along the way and i'm forever greatful we all found each other on this lil site called VJ. Hope ya'll are doing very well and adjusting to your new lives nicely. I miss everyone already!!! Hopefully we can keep in touch and for sure be back here for our ROC.

Ya'll are tha Best!!!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Hey everyone! Just got back from a quick weekend getaway at the beach! Very relaxing! Now it's back to work :wacko:

Quick question, and hopefully it's not too personal!, but are you guys going to apply for citizenship or will you keep renewing your Green Card?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hey everyone! Just got back from a quick weekend getaway at the beach! Very relaxing! Now it's back to work :wacko:

Quick question, and hopefully it's not too personal!, but are you guys going to apply for citizenship or will you keep renewing your Green Card?

Good question, my answer right now is that i'm gonna keep renewing my green card. I'm not too sure about applying for citizenship, i might give it a shot, i just heard it's really hard getting dual citizenship and that's what I would want.

Nov 25, 2009: Sent out I-129F Package

Nov 30, 2009: Received NOA1

Mar 31, 2010: NOA 2 Approved

Apr 02, 2010: NVC Received

Apr 04, 2010: NVC Left

Apr 07, 2010: Consulate Received

Apr 26, 2010: Packet 3 Received

Apr 27, 2010: Packet 3 Sent

Jun 28, 2010: Packet 4 Received

May 12, 2010: Medical

Aug 11 2010: Interview Date

APPROVED!!!: Interview Result

Oct 19, 2010: POE

Nov 21, 2010: MARRIED!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2011: AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Mar 17, 2011: AOS Package recieved Signed for by Jay

Apr 26, 2011: NOA Hard Copies Recieved for AOS, EAD and AP

May 10, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

May 12, 2011: Email - Approved EAD/AP

May 21, 2011: Combo Card Arrived in Mail

July 5, 2011: AOS Interview -------- APPROVED!!!!

Hey Vero.. Glad you had a nice weekend at the beach, I love the beach. Hope work is treating you well!!

I'm leaning towards getting citizenship, it will be less hassle then having to renew a green card every 10 years. We will still be citizens of Canada if we become american citizens.. so in my opinion.. miles well, but it's all about what you think is best and what your comfortable with. What are you leaning towards?

I am going to try to get citizenship. Have a feeling I wont pass the test tho. I hate history and it is very hard for me to remember anything I am not interested in. So I guess we will see when the time comes. I just don't want to have to remember to renew my green card. Scared I might forget one time and then get sent away.

Timeline

Yeah, I don't know yet what I'll do... I guess I don't mind renewing my green card, but at the same time, how easy would it be to just go ahead and have both citizenship, you know? Saves a lot of money too...

I have a bunch of questions in my head about the whole process, and when I have time, maybe this weekend or next week, I'm thinking of posting them on here, and see what the deal is...

But you guys are sure that we can keep our Canadian citizenship when we apply and get our US citizenship?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.