Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Now that I looked closer at the Biometrics letter I do see that new A#. Oh ####### I wonder what is going to happen now that I put the wrong one in. I am kicking myself

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Had a Wonderful day and kept busy all day!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend (F) Happy Mother's Day to the momma's!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Happy Belated J!

So got my stupid RFE and it was for FINGERPRINTS not matching, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm gonna lose it! You may recall the first time I went I got a letter saying they didn't match, I had to go back and do it again...so I did, told them to be extremely dilligent, and guess they weren't! So now, I have the pleasure of having to get a criminal record check done at my local police station (I'm in Baltimore so that's gonna be a very interesting trip!) and how do they do it? Why, with fingerprints of course! Ridiculous. Will keep you posted.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Happy Belated J!

So got my stupid RFE and it was for FINGERPRINTS not matching, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm gonna lose it! You may recall the first time I went I got a letter saying they didn't match, I had to go back and do it again...so I did, told them to be extremely dilligent, and guess they weren't! So now, I have the pleasure of having to get a criminal record check done at my local police station (I'm in Baltimore so that's gonna be a very interesting trip!) and how do they do it? Why, with fingerprints of course! Ridiculous. Will keep you posted.

OMG! that is crazy. I am so sorry you have to go through this. That sounds like it is going to be a pain in the butt. My goodness do they like to jerk you around eh? geez.

OMG! that is crazy. I am so sorry you have to go through this. That sounds like it is going to be a pain in the butt. My goodness do they like to jerk you around eh? geez.

Thanks MandaNChris...yeah they certainly do! That's so weird about a diff A#...now I'm off to check mine. Dear lord, what else can happen?????

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, this is all pretty crazy stuff!!! :bonk:

Alaba, what I would do is bring every NOA you have ever received since the K1, and ask if a mistake was made. If there was a mistake, I believe they can fix that at the biometrics appointment. I know of a member that had the wrong birthday on their green card, and they had to go for a walk-in appointment at the same place where her bio appointment was... Maybe you can knock two birds with one stone...

Brenda2010, does that mean you have to go all the way back to Canada??? What a pain!!! So, they did not match with the prints taken at the K1 interview, is that it? Gosh, this is so ridiculous!!! :ranting:

Well, keep us posted you guys, maybe this week will bring better news to all of you...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Alaba, what I would do is bring every NOA you have ever received since the K1, and ask if a mistake was made. If there was a mistake, I believe they can fix that at the biometrics appointment. I know of a member that had the wrong birthday on their green card, and they had to go for a walk-in appointment at the same place where her bio appointment was... Maybe you can knock two birds with one stone...

Brenda2010, does that mean you have to go all the way back to Canada??? What a pain!!! So, they did not match with the prints taken at the K1 interview, is that it? Gosh, this is so ridiculous!!! :ranting:

Well, keep us posted you guys, maybe this week will bring better news to all of you...

Ya i'm not worried, but i will bring everything i have, just in case. I just think that someone somewhere thought that the A# should be the number on the card stapled to our passports, but in reality i think i was never an A#, just something everyone used for "security" purposes. Ah well, should be interesting to see what happens.

Here's a question for everyone, is it possible to change our AP date?

Nov 25, 2009: Sent out I-129F Package

Nov 30, 2009: Received NOA1

Mar 31, 2010: NOA 2 Approved

Apr 02, 2010: NVC Received

Apr 04, 2010: NVC Left

Apr 07, 2010: Consulate Received

Apr 26, 2010: Packet 3 Received

Apr 27, 2010: Packet 3 Sent

Jun 28, 2010: Packet 4 Received

May 12, 2010: Medical

Aug 11 2010: Interview Date

APPROVED!!!: Interview Result

Oct 19, 2010: POE

Nov 21, 2010: MARRIED!!!!!!

Mar 16, 2011: AOS Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Mar 17, 2011: AOS Package recieved Signed for by Jay

Apr 26, 2011: NOA Hard Copies Recieved for AOS, EAD and AP

May 10, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

May 12, 2011: Email - Approved EAD/AP

May 21, 2011: Combo Card Arrived in Mail

July 5, 2011: AOS Interview -------- APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

Ya i'm not worried, but i will bring everything i have, just in case. I just think that someone somewhere thought that the A# should be the number on the card stapled to our passports, but in reality i think i was never an A#, just something everyone used for "security" purposes. Ah well, should be interesting to see what happens.

Here's a question for everyone, is it possible to change our AP date?

What do you mean, like if it's possible to extend it?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

What do you mean, like if it's possible to extend it?

Like change. Ex. I put it for end of august but want to change it for mid october. Would that be possible or not? The date I picked for ap was just a random date to send with my app. Now I do hv a date that I should go for. Wat u think, is it possible?

To find out about putting the wrong A# on my work sheet at the biometric place should I call the number that is on the biometric appointment paper? I can't believe I didn't see the new number on the biometric appointment sheet. I just don't know what to do about it. I hope that doing that didn't mess anything up or make it like I never showed up for my appointment. I am really worried now.

Thank God, no don't have to go back to Canada to have it done.

I did have to go to the backwoods of Baltimore though, to some fingerprint processing centre. Did that yesterday. Told them I was there because Immigration had tried my prints twice and failed and that they should run a date of birth and name check for a criminal record check but they said nooooo, they'd do the fingerprints again, then if that failed they'd do that as a last resort. Ridiculous. Sure I'll be back there next week!

Not really sure what they're trying to match to - makes sense though, what you suggested, the ones taken at the K1 interview. The problem seems to be that they can't get a proper read on them all the time - so they're only capturing say 5 out of 10 digits, then they do it again and get a hit on the other 5 but of course that doesn't match to the original ones that worked. Make sense? Ay yay yay. Going to the gym, gonna run it off!

I just my biometrics appointment. Appointment was for 11am, I arrived a 10:30am, was out at 10:45am. Time for brunch.

Timeline

Alright, so the A# : Should match on all your documents, NOAs and cards. I just checked everything since the K1 and it's the right number on everything. If you guys find something that doesn't match, I'd call USCIS to make sure everything is OK

Alaba, the date you put in for your AP doesn't need to be the exact date of your trip. There is no date on the actual AP, so when you filed the forms for it, the dates you put in were kind of unnecessary really in the grand scheme of things...

Glad your appointment went well! One more step done!

Brenda2010, wow glad you don't have to make a trip to Canada just for that!!! Hopefully this issue will get resolved soon, seems like quite the pain in the a**!!! You'd think that nowadays they would have a technology that actually does the job... :bonk:

Oh awesome. I can't believe I didn't think to check that before now. Thanks Vero. Once again you have put me at ease. You are right, I just checked both my passport and bio appointment letter and they are they same. Bio letter just has a 0 at the start. I feel so much better now :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.