Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man that is sad. Poor little things. :(

Sounds like it will be a nice relaxing Sunday for you. I just watched on tv a cat that went and caught a fish out of the water at a beach. It was pretty kool to see.

J&J your Easter egg hunt sounds awesome. We did that one year for the kids on our street but we went and hid the eggs at the park. They had a blast even tho it was a bit chilly that morning. Taco salad is always good and easy to make. I hope that dog is alright. You must be very worried. I hope someone took her in. She will probably show up in a few days if someone hasn't taken her in.

Biometrics on Friday for me. Woohoo. Gonna be one step closer! :dance:

That's right!!! That's this week! You'll see, it's a piece of cake!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Yeah I'm not worried about it. Doesn't seem to be too hard. Just let them take finger prints and a picture. Should go by quickly. I just wish it was not at 8 in the morning. We will have to be up by about 6am to get to Atlanta by then. Alex is not a happy boy when you wake him so this should be such a fun trip.... NOT! lol

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

Yeah I'm not worried about it. Doesn't seem to be too hard. Just let them take finger prints and a picture. Should go by quickly. I just wish it was not at 8 in the morning. We will have to be up by about 6am to get to Atlanta by then. Alex is not a happy boy when you wake him so this should be such a fun trip.... NOT! lol

Oh wow, that IS early!!! I don't mind getting up early, but the drive to Atlanta with traffic must be a pain in the *** I'm sure!!!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I hate getting up early but that is probably because Chris and I don't go to sleep until 4am usually. We will be going to bed early tonight tho. Well I will be. Chris doesn't get home from work until 12:30am so he is going to be very tired at 6am. Yes I am not looking forward to the traffic. That is going to be a headache. Oh well we will get through it. :yes:

Timeline

Hope you're driving safe mandaNchris! Let us know how it went when you get a chance!!!

Have fun at your Bio App MandaNChris, make sure they take a good picture of you! When I had mine done, they asked if I liked it, and it looked like I had no neck at all, so I got them to retake it.. 2nd picture, no neck. I laughed and said it looks great, lol :D

Last weekend we went out couch-shopping and found a great replacement leather couch that was to be delivered on Tuesday, so we listed our pet-marked couch on Craiglist for free/best offer, and managed to get $50 out of it, no questions asked (we did a really good job cleaning it, so all traces of the pet-marking were gone.)

Our new couch is awesome, and we are vigilantly supervising our cats when they're around it. We've pretty much gotten rid of their markings, and it seems they can't smell anything, but time will tell when we're confident enough to let them loose on their own. We keep them locked in the bathroom whenever we're out/sleeping.. poor things, but what are you going to do?!

On the puppy front, WE BOUGHT ONE! She's a silver standard poodle, and we've named her Kima Greggs, after the detective on the HBO show The Wire. Here's a video!

We're picking her up on Saturday! Going to be crazy!

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Timeline

Oh my god, they're so cute!!! Don't you just love puppies!!! So you guys are getting the white one right (silver)? That's great!!! Love the name!!! We named our dog Tobias for Tobias Fuquet in Arrested Development, he's just as retarded as the character!!!

So how big will it get? Like a big lab kinda? Congrats! :thumbs:

Surprisingly there wasn't very much traffic this morning. So we got there about half an hour early. People were already lined up. I just waited in the car until they opened the doors. The lady that took my finger prints kept telling me to relax and let her do it. I was like I am relaxed! and she huffed and puffed and just kept repeating herself so I just didn't even bother to reply after the 7th time. Then she went to take my picture and apparently I am too short for their camera so she told me to move my head up a little. I'm like ah ok? So I just pushed up with my hands and she said it was good and told me I could go. I'm glad it's over with. I was there for a total of about 45 mins.

Cute doggies Ken and Kate! I hope your new couch survives the cats.

On the puppy front, WE BOUGHT ONE! She's a silver standard poodle, and we've named her Kima Greggs, after the detective on the HBO show The Wire.

Awwwww She's sooooo CUTE..I bet you guys are excited about adding a new furry addition to the family!! I love puppies, I can remember when ours where the size or our hands...back when they had puppy breath..lol The Joy's!

We named our dog Tobias for Tobias Fuquet in Arrested Development, he's just as retarded as the character!!!

Our smallest dogs name is Dargo, My husband named him from on of his shows he used to watch all the time called farscape...hehe otherwise I would had no clue where he came up with that name.

I'm glad it's over with. I was there for a total of about 45 mins.

Glad everything went well today and ya'll made it there and back safely. I had to wait a lil over a hour to get mine done, but at least it's a simple step outta the way. Hope you hear something soon with your AOS application :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Good stuff mandaNchris! I wonder why the lady thought she needed to be such a pain in the a*s... Some people are just rude to be rude it seems... I mean c'mon, you have a job with the government taking fingerprints... How bad can your job get!?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

04012011pupsr2-1.jpg

My new puppy Lexi, we pick her up on the 29th

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

04012011pupsr2-1.jpg

My new puppy Lexi, we pick her up on the 29th

Oh my Goodness..How adorable is That!! She's a cutie and sooo tiny!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

I got a REF in the mail today. Apparently we didn't send in the right tax stuff. Chris is printing it out tonight and we will be sending it back tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.