Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We just cut down the trees and bushes in our front yard. I couldn't stand the darn things. I like being able to look out the window and not have trees blocking my view of the road. I do feel bad for killing a tree tho :( We took in three cats of my sister in-laws. One is black and white, really fat and old (about 11 years) his name is Moo Moo. The second one is gray (looks blue in some lighting) and is about 6 years old, his name is Zipper and the last one is a little black one named Zoey. Shes about 3 years old. Sister in-law is supposed to be taking the younger two back when she finds a place that will allow her to own pets. Sucks because Alex has really taken to Zoey and calls her his cat. I secretly hope that she doesn't take the cats back so Alex won't be upset.

My mom and older sister's birthdays are coming up this month and I'm bummed out about missing my mom's 50th birthday. My sister is throwing her a party and we (my two sisters and I) bought mom a ring with our birth stones in it and the birth stones of mom's four grandchildren. Shes gonna cry when she gets it.

Other then that nothing is new here. Just waiting for the 22nd to get here so I can get my biometrics done and over with.

Hahaha, I love the cat's name, Zipper!!! That's awesome! Sorry you won't be there for the celebration :( Do you guys have Skype? Maybe you could 'see' them that way...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hi guys, I love reading all of your updates, I've just been pressed for time recently!

The Green Card was received about a week after our March 29th interview date, on April 7th, and I was happy to see that it is actually kind of green! We filed our income tax online about two weeks before that, and good things come in pairs: received my Green Card AND our tax returns! We got a huge return back, which is super-helpful!

A month after I received my EAD card, I found a full-time WebDev placement here in Denver, and it's been great so far. I feel really lucky to have found work so early and quickly, and I wish everyone who's still searching the best of luck; it seriously sucks not working/bringing home the bacon, and we've already had to deal with enough of that with our AOS wait! So GOOD LUCK, STAY POSITIVE!

Our cats have been a bunch of ***holes ever since we left them for a month during our wedding/honeymoon.. They've left their mark mainly on our couch, and we've been forced to keep them locked in our bathroom whenever we're out, because we're afraid they'll pee/spray other stuff around the apartment. We've tried everything short of strangling them, so we're thinking a new couch and a change of scenery will fix it (hopefully!) Our lease is up in August, and we're currently looking to buy a condo somewhere around here (Denver DTC) Lots of choices, and the house market is pretty good right now, so it's pretty exciting :D

We're also thinking of buying a standard poodle! Katie's been talking of nothing but for weeks now, and we're finally going to see a local breeder here in town to check out a 10-week old pup. I know they're a lot of work, and a big commitment, but we're excited and ready for an addition! I'll have a jogging buddy :D

That's about it here on our end.. Finally able to make ends meet with 2 incomes, planning our future, living the life.

Feels good man!

<3

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Hahaha, I love the cat's name, Zipper!!! That's awesome! Sorry you won't be there for the celebration :( Do you guys have Skype? Maybe you could 'see' them that way...

It's ok I knew coming into this that I would miss out on some things back home. Just didn't think I would miss this. Oh well nothing I can do about it. No we don't have Skype but we do have webcams and MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger. They will be outside tho because it's a BBQ. I told my sister to give the camera to my niece to get lots of pictures. That will have to do.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Hi guys, I love reading all of your updates, I've just been pressed for time recently!

The Green Card was received about a week after our March 29th interview date, on April 7th, and I was happy to see that it is actually kind of green! We filed our income tax online about two weeks before that, and good things come in pairs: received my Green Card AND our tax returns! We got a huge return back, which is super-helpful!

A month after I received my EAD card, I found a full-time WebDev placement here in Denver, and it's been great so far. I feel really lucky to have found work so early and quickly, and I wish everyone who's still searching the best of luck; it seriously sucks not working/bringing home the bacon, and we've already had to deal with enough of that with our AOS wait! So GOOD LUCK, STAY POSITIVE!

Our cats have been a bunch of ***holes ever since we left them for a month during our wedding/honeymoon.. They've left their mark mainly on our couch, and we've been forced to keep them locked in our bathroom whenever we're out, because we're afraid they'll pee/spray other stuff around the apartment. We've tried everything short of strangling them, so we're thinking a new couch and a change of scenery will fix it (hopefully!) Our lease is up in August, and we're currently looking to buy a condo somewhere around here (Denver DTC) Lots of choices, and the house market is pretty good right now, so it's pretty exciting :D

We're also thinking of buying a standard poodle! Katie's been talking of nothing but for weeks now, and we're finally going to see a local breeder here in town to check out a 10-week old pup. I know they're a lot of work, and a big commitment, but we're excited and ready for an addition! I'll have a jogging buddy :D

That's about it here on our end.. Finally able to make ends meet with 2 incomes, planning our future, living the life.

Feels good man!

<3

Congrats on getting your green card. Must feel great to have it after all this time. Glad you were able to find a job so quickly. I am lucky that I don't have to work. I stay at home and take care of Alex and the house while Chris goes to work. :D

Oh boy those cats sound so fun lol I hope a new couch and new place helps but with cats anything new they feel they need to get their sent on, so be careful. They may spray again. That stuff smells awful and it seems impossible to get out. I think I would have tried strangling them lol ok probably not but it sure would be tempting to. Good luck finding a place. I hope it is everything you are hoping for.

We have been talking about getting a dog but with our new kitties that has to be pushed back for a bit. Can't afford three cats and a dog at the moment. Puppies are so cute. It will be hard to let it go. It will make a great companion.

Timeline

User .......... AOS sent .... NOAs ...... Bio. App ... AP Result ..... EAD Result .... Inter./Transf. .... AOS Result ...... Card Revd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaba ......... 03/16/11 ... 04/02/11 ... xx/xx/xx ... ----------- ... ----------- ... ------------- ..... ----------- ..... ------------

mandaNchris ... 03/11/11 ... 04/02/11 ... 04/22/11 ... ----------- ... ----------- ... ------------- ..... ----------- ..... ------------

Brenda2010 .... 02/28/11 ... 03/07/11 ... 04/05/11 ... ----------- ... ----------- ... Tra: 03/24/11 ..... ----------- ..... ------------

Rose416 ....... 09/25/10 ... 10/08/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 11/22/10(a) ... 11/23/10(a) ... Int: 02/07/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

Vero and Chris. 10/06/10 ... 10/18/10 ... 11/24/10 ... 12/14/10(a) ... 12/17/10(a) ... Int: 03/10/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 03/18/11

J & J ......... 12/06/10 ... 12/13/10 ... 01/05/11 ... 02/11/11(a) ... 02/11/11(a) ... Tra: 01/19/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

Wishing ....... 10/11/10 ... 10/20/10 ... 11/12/10 ... 12/21/10(a) ... 12/21/10(a) ... Int: 01/11/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 01/21/11

Valerie78 ..... 11/17/10 ... 11/24/10 ... 01/18/11 ... 02/08/11(a) ... 01/28/11(a) ... Tra: 01/18/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 02/19/11

nickbits ...... 09/16/10 ... 09/24/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 11/16/10(a) ... 11/16/10(a) ... Int: 12/13/10 ..... -Approved!- ..... 12/23/10

Tater&####### .. 10/08/10 ... 10/19/10 ... 11/09/10 ... 01/11/11(a) ... 01/14/11(a) ... Int: 03/03/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 03/14/11

ken and kate .. 11/15/10 ... 11/23/10 ... 01/06/11 ... --- n/a --- ... 01/28/11(a) ... Int: 03/29/11 ..... -Approved!- ..... 04/07/11

Congrats on so many positive changes ken and kate!!! Sounds like you guys have it all under control! :thumbs: Gosh, I envy you pretty bad for finding work so quick! Good for you!!! I try to think of all the times I was cranky because Chris and I were apart waiting for freakin Montreal, it helps calming me down about not having a job yet... :clock:

Yeah! A puppy!!! I love puppies! If you need a crazy name, let us know, it seems a bunch of us are crazy-pet-name-giver!

How is the little man doing living in the US, mandaNchris? Or is he too young still to know the difference? He's two, right?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Turned three at the end of Feb. He loves being here with Daddy. He does know that my mom and sisters live in Canada and he has to go for a long drive to get to them. He has went to visit my sister twice sense we moved. Once was for a week right after thanksgiving and then he went for two weeks in March. I missed him so much so he isn't going to visit without me again lol. He is doing great. He loves to play outside with his chalk and he is really into the movie Cars. We watch it at least twice a day. He knows all the words and says them with the movie. It's very cute.

How are things with you Vero. I seen your post about missing home and not realizing that it was going to be so different. I hope you are feeling better now. It is hard sometimes to get out of the funk. I hope you are able to find something to do to get your mind busy.

Timeline

Gosh, one of my nephew is obsessed with the movie Cars too! Boys will be boys...

I'm ok, I'm still upset that I can't find a job when I know I could be making very good money right now... I'm going to the gym this morning, well it's not open yet, but they have a great deal if you sign up, so I'll have that to change my mind... I guess things will work themselves out, I just wish it was NOW!!! :lol:

Ahhhh..Where should I start!!!!! Hmmmmm Well.. lol Anyone want a DOG????? :yes:

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Ahhhh..Where should I start!!!!! Hmmmmm Well.. lol Anyone want a DOG????? :yes:

Hahaha, what happened? She had the puppies or did the SPCA not take her?

Hahaha, what happened? She had the puppies or did the SPCA not take her?

SPCA wouldn't take her, ( I won't even get into it or else my blood presure will rise). Poor lil' thing!

What's everyone's plans for Easter?

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

SPCA wouldn't take her, ( I won't even get into it or else my blood presure will rise). Poor lil' thing!

What a bunch of a*holes... Because she's gonna have puppies? What about putting an add on Craigs' List or in the paper? I know it's not free but maybe someone's will want her... Sucks!

Dang that really sucks. Poor little doggie. I hope you can find a good home for her.

Going to my mother in-laws house for dinner on Saturday and then Sunday Alex will get his Easter basket. Chris works on Sunday. boo! lol What are your plans?

What a bunch of a*holes... Because she's gonna have puppies? What about putting an add on Craigs' List or in the paper? I know it's not free but maybe someone's will want her... Sucks!

Apperiently they are not taking in any larger sized animals, She gave me a list of places that I can "try" to take her too, but she mentioned that they are propably tired of hearing from people around our area. Sad thing is, they don't give the two S***s either. I was posting her in forums around this area, but no replies. Now i'm feeling horrible because she has disappeared, I don't know where she went. I'm hoping someone picked her up. Maybe she will show up here again soon!

Going to my mother in-laws house for dinner on Saturday and then Sunday Alex will get his Easter basket. Chris works on Sunday. boo! lol What are your plans?

Every year my Husbands Aunt and Uncle have a big Easter hunt for the kids. For each child you have to bring a dozen of those plasic eggs and fill them with goodies. Us adults go and hide them all in the front yard, while the lil ones can't see us from the back. It's soo cute seeing them all run out to find easter eggs..lol the Easter bunny makes a appearance too. Everyone brings a dish for everyone to snack on.. I don't know what i'm going to bring yet? I need to make something fast and simple. Hubby is working too :(

Timeline

Hey guys! Looks like ya'll will be busy this weekend! Not much going on here, Chris has to work Saturday, and if it's sunny Sunday we'll probably go to the river. We'll bring Tobias if the river has gone down (our dog). Last year, Tobias caught a fish!!!

Gosh, I hope she's ok!!! When I was walking Tobias yesterday, a female possum was dead on the road, and when I got closer, she had 5 or 6 little babies that were ran over too... It was so sad! And then when I came back that way, one of them was still alive!!! I felt horrible! I was wondering if I should pick it up or something... And this morning they were gone... Gosh it was sad!

Hey guys! Looks like ya'll will be busy this weekend! Not much going on here, Chris has to work Saturday, and if it's sunny Sunday we'll probably go to the river. We'll bring Tobias if the river has gone down (our dog). Last year, Tobias caught a fish!!!

Gosh, I hope she's ok!!! When I was walking Tobias yesterday, a female possum was dead on the road, and when I got closer, she had 5 or 6 little babies that were ran over too... It was so sad! And then when I came back that way, one of them was still alive!!! I felt horrible! I was wondering if I should pick it up or something... And this morning they were gone... Gosh it was sad!

Oh man that is sad. Poor little things. :(

Sounds like it will be a nice relaxing Sunday for you. I just watched on tv a cat that went and caught a fish out of the water at a beach. It was pretty kool to see.

J&J your Easter egg hunt sounds awesome. We did that one year for the kids on our street but we went and hid the eggs at the park. They had a blast even tho it was a bit chilly that morning. Taco salad is always good and easy to make. I hope that dog is alright. You must be very worried. I hope someone took her in. She will probably show up in a few days if someone hasn't taken her in.

Biometrics on Friday for me. Woohoo. Gonna be one step closer! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.