Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

I ended up going 1/2 hour beforehand, they took me right away, was out in 15 mins. - in addition to fingerprints they also took yet another photograph...I can't tell you how many unflattering photographs there are off me floating around in immigration land now! lol

Glad it went smoothly Brenda2010 :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Brenda2010! I was very lucky because when the guy took my picture, he showed it to me and said something like 'do you want this one or should we take another one'? I was like, what??? So nice!!! You should see my VA driver's license though...gosh, I actually hide it in my wallet it's so bad...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hi Ya'll..

I've noticed there is alot of animal lovers on this forum.. So I thought i'd ask ya'll for some advice. I'm kinda stuck and don't know what to do.

Just last night we got a new visitor..Have no idea where this little female dog came from and it looks as if she might be in the beginning stages of being preggo..She is the sweeeetest thing ever tho. The thing is, is that we have three male dogs already and it just would not work out with a female in the mix...along with pups eventually. What should i do??? She will not leave..We don't have a animal shelter here, but we do have a SPCA with limited room. Would they take a preggo dog?? Oh boy, why do all the lil animals always come to us...

Worried about the lil girly and venting...

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Hi Ya'll..

I've noticed there is alot of animal lovers on this forum.. So I thought i'd ask ya'll for some advice. I'm kinda stuck and don't know what to do.

Just last night we got a new visitor..Have no idea where this little female dog came from and it looks as if she might be in the beginning stages of being preggo..She is the sweeeetest thing ever tho. The thing is, is that we have three male dogs already and it just would not work out with a female in the mix...along with pups eventually. What should i do??? She will not leave..We don't have a animal shelter here, but we do have a SPCA with limited room. Would they take a preggo dog?? Oh boy, why do all the lil animals always come to us...

Worried about the lil girly and venting...

Wow, that's quite the predicament! I would call the SPCA and see what they say, they might not even have room right now... What about a shelter in a city close by? Poor little thing! And what about family members?

Of course my advise would be to keep her, but since you already have 3 dogs, that just wouldn't work! What kind is she? Or what kind does she look like she's mixed with (I assume she's just a mutt...) Gosh, why can't people be responsible with their animals???

Oups, forgot... Someone might have lost her, call the shelters and see if anyone has been looking for her, even vet offices might know...

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Oh boy. Just got a notice saying that the FBI was unable to process my fingerprint card to I have to get them done AGAIN! And not till May 5th...going to see if i can do a walk in. #######. And it was all going so smoothly.

At our interview in Montreal they had problems with my prints too - and I told the guy that at the biometrics appt hoping he'd take more care - damn.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Timeline

Ahhhhh Brenda2010, that sucks!!! I would definitely do a walk-in, especially if the office is not too far... Worse comes to worse they'll turn you around and say you have to go on May 5th... It'll be OK, just a glitch in the whole thing, stay positive girrrrl! :thumbs:

Ahhhhh Brenda2010, that sucks!!! I would definitely do a walk-in, especially if the office is not too far... Worse comes to worse they'll turn you around and say you have to go on May 5th... It'll be OK, just a glitch in the whole thing, stay positive girrrrl! :thumbs:

Alrighty, second set done! Walked in this morning and thankfully they understood me not wanting to wait another 3 weeks and took me - took forever though, same problem, but the woman who did them assured me that she 'got something' and that after 2 tries they pass you anyway (not sure I believe that but it sounds good!). So now i wait in trepidation...jees...

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Timeline

Hahaha, what is wrong with your fingers? :lol: Sorry, you probably don't think it's funny, but it sounds like you're some kind of new Terminator woman!!!

I'm glad you got it done so quickly, good for you! Don't worry, it'll be ok, I don't see why they would keep asking you to go back and do it again... Keep us posted!

Gosh, why can't people be responsible with their animals???

There is so many unresponsible pet owners down here. It is soo Crazyyy!! it's looking as if someone owned her before, she ended up getting preggo and just dumped her, sooo very sad. I found out that she has been living at the church near our house. So they must be feeding her there. She comes over to visit our pups I believe..I'm just glad she is being taken care of.

Alrighty, second set done!

Hope it all works out this time..:)

On Other Notes...How long did it take to get ya'lls U.S. income tax return?

Timeline

Mumm... I believe it was less than 3 weeks, we filed online...

Glad someone is 'taking' care of her... Do you know what will happen when she has the puppies though? Hopefully they're not gonna just turn their back on her...

Beautiful here today, I can't believe it's this hot and it's only April!!!

Wonder if Ken & Kate got their green card?

Hahaha, what is wrong with your fingers? :lol: Sorry, you probably don't think it's funny, but it sounds like you're some kind of new Terminator woman!!!

I'm glad you got it done so quickly, good for you! Don't worry, it'll be ok, I don't see why they would keep asking you to go back and do it again... Keep us posted!

Hilarious Vero, thanks for that! I wish I had super powers but alas the technician said I simply have 'shallow prints' and soft hands. Nutty!

It's nice here in Baltimore too - 25 today - starting to get worried about not having central air though...we'd better get started shopping for that new house!!

Mumm... I believe it was less than 3 weeks, we filed online...

Glad someone is 'taking' care of her... Do you know what will happen when she has the puppies though? Hopefully they're not gonna just turn their back on her...

Beautiful here today, I can't believe it's this hot and it's only April!!!

We havn't got ours YET :( ..Ugh We so need it right now!

Doggie is doing good..but I don't think anyone is committed on keeping her. I think we are going to step in and bring her to the SPCA Saturday. They are only open 3 days a week here. I'm so scared she'll get hit by a car. I'd rather have her somewhere where I know she'll be fed, safe and hopefully placed in a great home.

It's been beautiful here.. in the 80's. Been planting some flowers and got some hanging baskets hung up now. Now i'm just waiting for my hummingbirds to come back. I'm offically a bird watcher now! LOL

Timeline

We havn't got ours YET :( ..Ugh We so need it right now!

Doggie is doing good..but I don't think anyone is committed on keeping her. I think we are going to step in and bring her to the SPCA Saturday. They are only open 3 days a week here. I'm so scared she'll get hit by a car. I'd rather have her somewhere where I know she'll be fed, safe and hopefully placed in a great home.

It's been beautiful here.. in the 80's. Been planting some flowers and got some hanging baskets hung up now. Now i'm just waiting for my hummingbirds to come back. I'm offically a bird watcher now! LOL

Well, I think that if you file at a certain time the wait gets longer because everyone kind of files at the same time... Our neighbor filed a month ago and still hasn't received his refund... We filed in January, I think that might be why we got the refund so quick...

Flowers!!! Gosh I wish we had a house so I could plant some! So jealous!!! :lol:

SPCA is probably your best bet, especially if she is gonna have puppies!

We just cut down the trees and bushes in our front yard. I couldn't stand the darn things. I like being able to look out the window and not have trees blocking my view of the road. I do feel bad for killing a tree tho :( We took in three cats of my sister in-laws. One is black and white, really fat and old (about 11 years) his name is Moo Moo. The second one is gray (looks blue in some lighting) and is about 6 years old, his name is Zipper and the last one is a little black one named Zoey. Shes about 3 years old. Sister in-law is supposed to be taking the younger two back when she finds a place that will allow her to own pets. Sucks because Alex has really taken to Zoey and calls her his cat. I secretly hope that she doesn't take the cats back so Alex won't be upset.

My mom and older sister's birthdays are coming up this month and I'm bummed out about missing my mom's 50th birthday. My sister is throwing her a party and we (my two sisters and I) bought mom a ring with our birth stones in it and the birth stones of mom's four grandchildren. Shes gonna cry when she gets it.

Other then that nothing is new here. Just waiting for the 22nd to get here so I can get my biometrics done and over with.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.