^_^

Ron Paul: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque!

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They own the property is my understanding and they want it there to serve the Muslims working in Manhattan.

Muslims can't use the subway if the mosque was further out? When they own prime real estate like that, they could sell it and rebuild a replica of the Grand Mosque elsewhere.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If 9/11 and 9 years of war in 2 majority Muslim countries and our "Muslim" president with the middle name no one is allowed to utter haven't enlightened the public about Islam, then an Islamic center sited at one of the worst locations funded by unknown sources has no hope of building anything than a bridge of reconciliation to nowhere.

Is there any reason why the mosqure backers they chose that site and won't accept anywhere else?

Our Muslim President? I see you're a closeted "birther". :rolleyes:

Why should McGuiness be allowed in London (supported by British taxpayers no less) but not Boston?

Perhaps you should read up a bit on Martin McGuinness' past before you make a statement like that.

Timeline

Our Muslim president? You're part of the 20% or so of dumbfcucks in the country that believe that shite? Interesting.

Do have the slighest clue what quotations marks can indicate? I guess not because you're really "educated". :rofl:

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

If 9/11 and 9 years of war in 2 majority Muslim countries and our "Muslim" president with the middle name no one is allowed to utter haven't enlightened the public about Islam, then an Islamic center sited at one of the worst locations funded by unknown sources has no hope of building anything than a bridge of reconciliation to nowhere.

Is there any reason why the mosqure backers they chose that site and won't accept anywhere else?

I don't think anyone from any side has tried to enlighten us. Having a war in a Muslim country isn't going to enlighten anyone. All it does is entrench the fear and close peoples minds. Joe Blow from Bumfck flyover country still thinks a Muslim is a potential terrorist. Not because of bigotry, at least initially, but because they just don't understand Islam. They don't know anyone that is Muslim and the only thing they know about it is that is the religion of the terrorists. After a while that ignorance is put together with anger over the attack and fear of another attack and that breeds bigotry. Education is the key as with any other type of prejudice.

Filed: Timeline
Do have the slighest clue what quotations marks can indicate? I guess not because you're really "educated". :rofl:

Sure I do. But tell me: Other than filling space, what's this particular reference supposed to support or prove? What value to the statement you made did it actually add? Why mention it at all?

Muslims can't use the subway if the mosque was further out? When they own prime real estate like that, they could sell it and rebuild a replica of the Grand Mosque elsewhere.

What kind of a stupid argument is that? Your Islamophobia doesn't negate the Constitutional rights of Americans of Muslim or any other faith. Offended? Well, suck it up. Take the subway to where you don't have to look at the center if it bothers you so much.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think Ron Paul touches on something true. This national controversy is testing public opinion and swaying it. Ideological wars are dangerous. It's becoming clear that it's not a war on terror it's a war on Islam which serves political agendas in keeping us in war in predominately Islamic societies. War is a big money maker for those that make war their business. The US is getting out of Iraq and that was one step. I think political posturing now is looking towards further strategic wars in the region like spilling over into Pakistan but ultimately with Iran. I think Iran knows this and is preparing themselves.

I learned something interesting recently. Iran is the only country in that region besides Syria that currently does not host some form of US military base. We're literally in every country surrounding them.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Our Muslim President? I see you're a closeted "birther". :rolleyes:

Birther? No, ALC is among the crowd that takes this to a whole new level. He's an "Exister".

The poll results coincide with the recent rise of the so-called “Exister” movement, a group who believes that Mr. Obama is an optical illusion created by the Democratic Party to raise taxes and bail out banks.

“The Birthers say that Obama’s lack of a birth certificate means he was born in Kenya,” says Jerrilene Rance, a leading Exister. “We believe it’s proof that he was never born.”

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A) There is an actual Mosque 4 blocks from the WTC site that pre dates teh WTC. Should they move that?

B) They bought the building for just $4m which is ridiculously cheap for the size and location. Why? Because no one else wanted it for the past 9 years.

C) You can't even see the community centre from the WTC site, its down a small side street that you would probably not have cause to walk down unless you were looking for it.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Edited by fozzie

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Timeline

Sure I do. But tell me: Other than filling space, what's this particular reference supposed to support or prove? What value to the statement you made did it actually add? Why mention it at all?

No, you clearly did't understand it or would you have explained it.

Don't worry the other posters are equally clueless repeating the same positions and mouthing the same insults they've heard without really thinking about the subject.

"Another common use of quotation marks is to indicate or call attention to ironic or apologetic words:

He shared his wisdom with me.

The lunch lady plopped a glob of food onto my tray.

She attempted to use her strength to lift the weight.

To avoid the potential for confusion between ironic quotes and direct quotations, some style guides specify single quotation marks for this usage, and double quotation marks for verbatim speech. Quotes indicating irony, or other special use, are sometimes called scare, sneer, shock, distance, or horror quotes. They are sometimes gestured in oral speech using air quotes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark

The point is the public has had far more exposure to all things Islamic in the last 9 years and confusion over the president's background highlights that is it not a question of there not being enough media coverage.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
alienlovechild, on 23 August 2010 - 06:40 PM, said:

The point is the public has had far more exposure to all things Islamic in the last 9 years and confusion over the president's background highlights that is it not a question of there not being enough media coverage.

In reality, the public has been exposed to few things Islamic, or they wouldn't be so collectively ignorant about Islam.

Timeline

Clearly, you have a problem answering my rather simple and straightforward question: Other than filling space, what's this particular reference supposed to support or prove?

What are you talking about? Try rephrasing your question because I already covered the substance and grammar behind my statement and you're like a recording of some sort.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif