Danno

Muslim worker demands to wear head scarf with costume

361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

http://www.breitbart.tv/muslim-employee-disney-banned-head-scarf/

When you work in a themed restaurant (as most all of Disney's are) should you be have the right to wear additional items such as turbans head scarfs, burkas ,,just because they are important to you?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

they have a constitutional right to. whether disney likes it or not. i hope they have to pay through the nose for this, they should know better.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country:
Timeline

When it is disclosed up front (as in when you are hired) that there is a dress-code or uniform requirement then you don't have the freedom to modify your outfit beyond that.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

When you work in a themed restaurant (as most all of Disney's are) should you be have the right to wear additional items such as turbans head scarfs, burkas ,,just because they are important to you?

disney is all about image. it's why people go there. if the girl does not want to adopt the apporved image, she does not want to work there enuf.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

"May an employee wear religious garb or symbols to work?

Employers must attempt to accommodate employees who, for religious reasons, must maintain a particular physical appearance or manner of dress in keeping with the tenets of their religion. Again, accommodation is required only if it can be made without undue hardship to the employer. When it comes to religious apparel, typically only safety concerns constitute undue hardship."

http://www.adl.org/religious_freedom/resource_kit/religion_workplace.asp

'disney's "image" is never going to trump the constitution.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Stupid ###### symbolism. Modesty is not to be found in the wearing of headscarves.

That said, it's either legal or illegal and someone is going to be right.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think she should sue if she wants to... but from what I know of Disney's hiring practices is that they pretty much obligate you to conform to their standard image, including hand gestures, hair style, vocabulary, etc.

I sense more manufacture of fake outrage against this 'supposed Muslim threat to American values.'

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes you should.

I think she should sue if she wants to... but from what I know of Disney's hiring practices is that they pretty much obligate you to conform to their standard image, including hand gestures, hair style, vocabulary, etc.

I sense more manufacture of fake outrage against this 'supposed Muslim threat to American values.'

Is Disney an American Value? I guess it might be.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is Disney an American Value? I guess it might be.

That's what I remember them describing at a seminar they gave for that College Program they have when I was an undergrad. Or at least its what they think American values should be to the rest of the world.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Companies have dresscodes. If you don't like the dresscode, then don't work there. You have no "right" to the job/to dress however you wish, no matter what your belief is.

It'd be like some idiot wanted to work on stage at a strip club and not strip because it's against her religion. :rolleyes:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hmmmm. there are 'creative ways' to be covered. A well-designed wig seems useful, at this point, with a layer of hajib underneath, not showing.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes you should.

The problem is that Disney will start to discriminate against all Muslims (wearing headscarves or not) because they'll want to avoid the issue. So you'll have someone with a "Muslim-sounding" name who doesn't even intend to wear a headscarf denied a job (in a stealthy way, of course).

Companies have dresscodes. If you don't like the dresscode, then don't work there. You have no "right" to the job/to dress however you wish, no matter what your belief is.

It'd be like some idiot wanted to work on stage at a strip club and not strip because it's against her religion. :rolleyes:

Not it's not. She is merely saying that she must keep her hair covered for religious reasons (by adding a headscarf where no scarf exists in the Disney uniform) - she does not want to change the dress code per se. I don't agree with the idea of modesty being contained in the wearing or non wearing of particular clothing, that's just silly but if the constitution protects the right of the religious to cover their hair then I would imagine that it is against the constitution to deny her the right to do so, no matter if it does make her stand out.