I AM NOT THAT GUY

Obama Job Approval Continues to Deteriorate

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

No surprise there. Not even the majority of Democrats like the job Congress is doing. Incumbents of all stripes may find themselves out of a job come November.

So in the bigger scope of things, voters aren't particularly happy....and it's the economy. As to who will brunt most of the blame come November - that remains to be seen.

Edited by El Buscador

So in the bigger scope of things, voters aren't particularly happy....and it's the economy. As to who will brunt most of the blame come November - that remains to be seen.

Your posts of defense are continuing to deteriorate also.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, I hope I am wrong but I really believe he will be saved "from his self destruction" by the up and coming election.

We saw this same thing happen with Clinton.

Obama doesn't have a track record of moderation that Clinton had as a moderate Southern Democrat. Obama will follow this political instincts to the bitter end as he doesn't seem to have the ability form a lasting base of support with few oopular accomplishments to hang his hat on. He was widely viewed as the messiah, now he's just a mess.

More likely the GOP will get more power and more blame after the elections. Obama is hoping to hang on until an economic recovery must eventually come along. He can also hope that the GOP picks another Dole or McCain that are just seen as old men who can't energize enough support.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"It's the economy, stupid." The historical trend is that a president's job approval ratings drop during a recession, and as far as recessions go, this one has been the mother of all recessions (The Great Recession).

And as far as approval ratings go as we approach the November elections, the Republicans in Congress are actually faring worse than Obama or the congressional Democrats. Context is everything. ;)

Everyon knows and understands the economy affects ratings og a president. But to ignore the facts that people are disenchanted and really hate the poitical stances and bullying that this administration does is "ignorant and or blind to the truth"

Doesn't take an educated person to see this and this isn't only presented in the Fox news room (you hate so much).

I think that fear is a more global phenomenon, not just of one politician. Hence why there are so many factions playing silly public relations games with the same politicians they elect.

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

But I agree there is a global fear and alot of that fear is how this administration led by the President is reacting to it and increasing that fear.

He's just surprised because he only gets his news from Fox.

m8ezcmye0eurvthjkvuxpa.gif

Yes having one source of news media is not smart but niether is garnering all information for 90+% of posts made from far left wing professors and ignoring the rest as some do.

Edited by evli1966

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Crossover Point Historical Comparison

To put Obama's bleak milestone last month into some perspective, I wondered what other modern presidents' records were like. When (I asked myself) did the others face this first crossover point in their presidencies?

The results were a bit surprising. From Eisenhower forward, here is what I came up with (in order of impressiveness):

Eisenhower
-- (never)

Kennedy
-- (never)

Nixon
-- 53 months into his presidency, in June 1973

G.W.Bush
-- 40 mo., May '04

Johnson
-- 37 mo., Dec. '66 (or 45 mo., Aug. '67)

G.H.W.Bush
-- 36 mo., Jan. '92

Obama
-- 18 mo., Jul. '10

Carter
-- 16 mo., May '78

Reagan
-- 15 mo., Apr. '82

Ford
-- 5 mo., Jan. '75

Clinton
-- 4 mo., May '93

xover2.jpg

link

I suppose it depends on what poll you are looking at. According to Gallup, Obama first crossed over last February, beating out everyone but Ford (because he pardoned Nixon) and Clinton (because it didn't take long to realize he was a lying slimeball).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

He's just surprised because he only gets his news from Fox.

m8ezcmye0eurvthjkvuxpa.gif

You may have missed the point of that poll. 41% of people that identify themselves as dems approve of congress performance. The indies and reps have a much lower opinion of congress. This isn't about the ratings of rep or dem members of congress. This says to me that 41% of dems like the job congress is doing. If that is the case they have some pretty low standards. Thank goodness the indies have seen the light. They are the ones that swing the voting. I would love to see every incumbant in congress lose their jobs. None of them deserve to come back.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everyon knows and understands the economy affects ratings og a president. But to ignore the facts that people are disenchanted and really hate the poitical stances and bullying that this administration does is "ignorant and or blind to the truth"

Doesn't take an educated person to see this and this isn't only presented in the Fox news room (you hate so much).

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

But I agree there is a global fear and alot of that fear is how this administration led by the President is reacting to it and increasing that fear.

Yes having one source of news media is not smart but niether is garnering all information for 90+% of posts made from far left wing professors and ignoring the rest as some do.

Global as in its easy to manipulate people's notions of fear using less than veritable facts. Sadly, when scapegoats are easy to find, all sides take pride in ignoring how they manipulate those susceptible to their particular POV while denying they do so.

Instead of erroneously singling out one President, think of what the political landscape is doing to the resolution of issues in this country and whom are trying to benefit from such gridlock. Ironically the last Presidential campaign made a point of not using such silliness to score points and while Obama is not fully compliant with that pledge, he's far from different from the game Republicans are playing via their obstructionist posturing that have characterized them even before Obama took office.

Fear and paranoia are what the GOP is peddling, and many that would call themselves 'conservative' are as usually buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

Global as in its easy to manipulate people's notions of fear using less than veritable facts. Sadly, when scapegoats are easy to find, all sides take pride in ignoring how they manipulate those susceptible to their particular POV while denying they do so.

So, the Progressive propaganda machine has been ineffective, or perhaps, the unwashed masses are not quite as stupid as the elitist left would have them believe.

Timeline

So, the Progressive propaganda machine has been ineffective, or perhaps, the unwashed masses are not quite as stupid as the elitist left would have them believe.

Ah... more elitists at work there. Great Job, Bill, as usual.

There really is a link between the current political state's lunacy and that 'prevalent' segment of the population that has voted for it- and no, its not one election I'm referring to.

Filed: Timeline

Ah... more elitists at work there. Great Job, Bill, as usual.

There really is a link between the current political state's lunacy and that 'prevalent' segment of the population that has voted for it- and no, its not one election I'm referring to.

It's all theater. Perhaps we just remove all pretense, let the rich pay for everything, run the system the way they want to, and screw democracy. That is the plan, isn't it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Instead of erroneously singling out one President, think of what the political landscape is doing to the resolution of issues in this country and whom are trying to benefit from such gridlock. Ironically the last Presidential campaign made a point of not using such silliness to score points and while Obama is not fully compliant with that pledge, he's far from different from the game Republicans are playing via their obstructionist posturing that have characterized them even before Obama took office.

We only have one president at a time and the current one has been a disaster to the economy. Obama didn't rise to the top to his acumen in economics. He got there as the peace candidate on pulling out of Iraq War that was winding down (no thanks to his anti-surge vote) anyway.

The obstructist label doesn't stick as the Dems got everything they've wanted and now are running from their agenda ahead of the mob of voter discontent. At least the GOP didn't vote for Obama's agenda then claim they were deceived as the Dems did with Bush on Iraq.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline

It's all theater. Perhaps we just remove all pretense, let the rich pay for everything, run the system the way they want to, and screw democracy. That is the plan, isn't it?

Using arguments from 'both' ideological sides of the mainstream political debate, isn't that what's already happening?

We only have one president at a time and the current one has been a disaster to the economy. Obama didn't rise to the top to his acumen in economics. He got there as the peace candidate on pulling out of Iraq War that was winding down (no thanks to his anti-surge vote) anyway.

The obstructist label doesn't stick as the Dems got everything they've wanted and now are running from their agenda ahead of the mob of voter discontent. At least the GOP didn't vote for Obama's agenda then claim they were deceived as the Dems did with Bush on Iraq.

Yes Dave, the Democrats have gotten everything they've wanted. Context is so powerful. :lol: