I AM NOT THAT GUY

Obama Job Approval Continues to Deteriorate

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Crossover Point Historical Comparison

To put Obama's bleak milestone last month into some perspective, I wondered what other modern presidents' records were like. When (I asked myself) did the others face this first crossover point in their presidencies?

The results were a bit surprising. From Eisenhower forward, here is what I came up with (in order of impressiveness):

Eisenhower
-- (never)

Kennedy
-- (never)

Nixon
-- 53 months into his presidency, in June 1973

G.W.Bush
-- 40 mo., May '04

Johnson
-- 37 mo., Dec. '66 (or 45 mo., Aug. '67)

G.H.W.Bush
-- 36 mo., Jan. '92

Obama
-- 18 mo., Jul. '10

Carter
-- 16 mo., May '78

Reagan
-- 15 mo., Apr. '82

Ford
-- 5 mo., Jan. '75

Clinton
-- 4 mo., May '93

xover2.jpg

link

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Forget Obama's curent dive in the polls because a more conservative crop of representatives are on their way to Bail Obama out.

He will be forced to move center and in some cases even put himself in front of the Parade....by the time his re-election comes people will have forgotten who the Real Obama is.

He will be a 2- termer.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Forget Obama's curent dive in the polls because a more conservative crop of representatives are on their way to Bail Obama out.

He will be forced to move center and in some cases even put himself in front of the Parade....by the time his re-election comes people will have forgotten who the Real Obama is.

He will be a 2- termer.

Obama, the one-term president

Q: Will Barack Obama be a one-term president?

A: Yes, he might last that long.

Honest to goodness, the man just does not get it. He might be forced to pull a Palin and resign before his first term is over. He could go off and write his memoirs and build his presidential library. (Both would be half-size, of course.)

I am not saying Obama is not smart; he is as smart as a whip. I am just saying he does not understand what savvy first-term presidents need to understand:

You have to stay on message, follow the polls, listen to your advisers (who are writing the message and taking the polls) and realize that when it comes to doing what is right versus doing what is expedient, you do what is expedient so that you can get reelected and do what is right in the second term. If at all possible. And it will help your legacy. And not endanger the election of others in your party. And not hurt the brand. Or upset people too much.

The problem for Obama is that he appears to have taken seriously all the “change” stuff he promised during his campaign. And he has been unable to make the transition from candidate to president.

A candidate says, as Bobby Kennedy did, “Some men look at things the way they are and ask why? I dream of things that are not and ask why not?”

A president says: “What do the polls say?”

And what’s the point of doing the right thing if your party is going to lose seats because of it?

Maybe Obama is disconnected. After all, as a former professor of constitutional law, he actually knows what the Constitution says.

His opponents have no such fetters. They know what they want the Constitution to say: yes to guns, no to gay marriage and never to mosques close to hallowed ground, though churches and synagogues are OK.

What’s so wrong with that? I’ll bet they poll great.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41134.html#ixzz0wvEr4O7E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

He will be a 2- termer.

He will lose. God has other plans for His Son.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

He will lose. God has other plans for His Son.

Hey, I hope I am wrong but I really believe he will be saved "from his self destruction" by the up and coming election.

We saw this same thing happen with Clinton.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't see anyone the Neocons can run that will get people excited enough to care.

Fear causes crazy reactions by people and they make decisions based on that fear.

Right now 60%+ of the population including liberals are afraid of Obama!

It will not matter what the right has.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fear causes crazy reactions by people and they make decisions based on that fear.

"It's the economy, stupid." The historical trend is that a president's job approval ratings drop during a recession, and as far as recessions go, this one has been the mother of all recessions (The Great Recession).

And as far as approval ratings go as we approach the November elections, the Republicans in Congress are actually faring worse than Obama or the congressional Democrats. Context is everything. ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think that fear is a more global phenomenon, not just of one politician. Hence why there are so many factions playing silly public relations games with the same politicians they elect.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.