simone777

visiting my husband

50 posts in this topic

I am also in the UK and have visited my USC hubby several times on a VWP. When asked the purpose of my visit, I tell the truth, that I am visiting my husband. Usually the immigration officer asks why we dont live in the same country, I explain we are in the process of applying for a CR-1, and that as he can see from all the other stamps in my passport (and his screen!), I have always returned to the UK well within the 90 day limit allowed on the VWP. I do think it is a good idea to take back up documentation though, just in case, like a letter from work saying I am employed, but have never been asked to show it. The officer usually says 'have a good trip!' and lets me go on my way.

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm guessing that the country of orgin has a lot to do with it. I know that asking for a visitor's visa from China with a CR1/CR2 pending were just laughed at (in 2004). UK? Others here have posted from their own experiences that it was not a problem.

Best of Luck to the two of you!

Well yeah, cause when you need to go to the us as a visitor, from france, or UK, or other countries of europe (don t know exactly all the countries involved in this program), you don t really ask for a visa, just have to fill a survey on internet (are you a terrorist? were you a nazi? etc....)

NVC:

Case number assigned : 10/12/2010

IIN received: 10/21/2010

paid AOS bill: 10/22/2010

Sent AOS: 10/25/2010

paid IV bill: 10/28/2010

Received confirmation COA: 10/28/2010

Sent IV+DS230: 10/29/2010

AOS entered in the system: 11/08/2010

IV entered in the system: 11/12/2010

Stupid RFE on birth certificate: 11/24/2010

Send German birth certificate : 11/26/2010

German birth certificate received by NVC : 11/29/2010

RFE entered in the system : 12/07/2010

SIF: 12/15/2010

Case complete: 12/16/2010

Holiday in Martinique with my wonderful wife : 12/31/2010

Interview : 02/22/2011

Visa in hand : 02/28/2011

POE DALLAS : 03/01/2011

It is fraud and against the law to AOS while B2 non-immigrant didn't leave the country and got the GC. They violated the B2 temporary intent.

Absolutely wrong. I have NOT committed fraud NOR broken the law. You are bad-mouthing me, and belittling me by calling me "baby." Please please people, do not listen to his advice.

I do not need to and will not tell you the specifics of my case, but we never broke the law, never overstayed, never nothing. He had plans to go back and then we changed our minds. There is an option for this. What Loto is suggesting in his earlier post, that the person who went back to the UK has a choice to come back to this country and lie to the POE about intent to immigrate and then file AOS. This is wrong. If she had stayed, then she could have filed AOS, but her better option was something else, because she needed to arrange things in the UK, etc, so she went back. Also perfectly valid.

Can she visit? I am not sure, but I think so, as long as she shows she will come back within time, etc.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Your quote - "since she would come on VWP, she would have no right to appeal the decision". Of course, there is right to appeal under the 7th circuit of U.S courts appeals. If you are not familiar with it, please read it.

Loto

You are clearly wrong. One of the conditions attached to the VWP is that you give up your right to appeal any decision made at the POE by the CBP officer. You do not get that right back if you file for AOS and are refused. Your VWP entry is revoked and you are returned from whence you came without the right of appeal. Another point to note is that a decision made in a Circuit Appeals Court is not binding on the Courts in other Circuits.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.