Danni and Hamza

I think its bad news...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I thought it was pretty common to meet in Tunisia :unsure: I've read of several Algerian couples that did this and some that even married in Tunis. Wasn't there a time, not that long ago, when Americans were not even permitted entry?

I really hope that you get some answers soon and that everything works out incha allah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You could go with Lufhtansa through Algiers and that will be an easy flight. A good attorney will set you back about 750 to 1000 but they know how to do a withdrawal of the first k1 and then refile the second k1 and address the deficiencies in the fist case. You may not have frontloaded enough as far as evidence and they dont want to see cutesie stuff. They need letters from family members, proof of visits, chat logs, call logs, proof his family knows alot about you, etc. Lawyers know how to do that and an experienced k1 attorney can show you how do to this. I dont know enough about how much his family has been involved but they can for sure sway the embassy if they met you. If they dont know who you are, its going to be a problem. Start sending everything you can towards that embassy and dont be destroyed if it falls apart. You can regroup and do this. You just in my opnion, need to take another trip there... and go actually to Algeria....There will be no doubt in their minds if you actually go to his hometown and meet everyone

I agree. i think it's a big obstacle that you haven't been to his home country and met his family. I went to Algeria last december and had no problems at all.

Timeline

Danni, I'm praying for you and Hamza. Ghani goes tomorrow. I think everything will work out for you but it may take a little time. You know any immigration procedure... they like to take their time. I've seen congressman and senators offices help other couples here so maybe they will be able to move things along for you also. I've never been to Algeria either, but I do text message with his mother, talk to several of his siblings and friends via email and MSN messenger, and I have met several of his siblings while in Paris. I hope that makes a difference. There are pictures of me with his siblings also and he is taking those.

Stay strong and remember why you are doing all this and that he's worth it! :)

~Mandy

Edited by Mandy P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

lemme tell you something .. (in my opinion ) ..these people don't really care of u love her or not and lets be logic...they aren't her family or anything to worry about her...they just search for a mistake anywhere to reject so you can hardly fight back but if they just rejected u like this ..its gonna be a mess and they would have problems..anyways ...they found a mistake with you and they used it .so try to correct ur mistake before the teacher hold pull's ur paper.

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

Danni, I'm praying for you and Hamza. Ghani goes tomorrow. I think everything will work out for you but it may take a little time. You know any immigration procedure... they like to take their time. I've seen congressman and senators offices help other couples here so maybe they will be able to move things along for you also. I've never been to Algeria either, but I do text message with his mother, talk to several of his siblings and friends via email and MSN messenger, and I have met several of his siblings while in Paris. I hope that makes a difference. There are pictures of me with his siblings also and he is taking those.

Stay strong and remember why you are doing all this and that he's worth it! :)

~Mandy

Hey thanks for the encouraging words! I'm sure that everything will work out as well. I know if they do more research, or go over any of the evidence we have submitted, call his family, my family... they will see everything is on the up and up. I just hope they actually take the time to do this. ANYWAY... Gooooood Luck, for your interview tomorrow. They were nice with Hamza, and I'm sure it will be a good experience for Ghani! Ill keep you guys in my thoughts. Let us all know how it goes !!

Danni

I agree. i think it's a big obstacle that you haven't been to his home country and met his family. I went to Algeria last december and had no problems at all.

It may be in obstacle. I had to take seriously the advice of the US govt. not to travel there. Im glad it worked out for you :) I think it just wasn't an option for me. Have you read the warnings ? I don't know, maybe they are a lil exaggerated, but they really scared me. Tunisia was the safer, cheaper, and more convenient option. We weren't trying to hide anything, or do anything wrong. They will see this, and if they don't they are blind... and we will start over again. Thanks for the reply !

I thought it was pretty common to meet in Tunisia :unsure: I've read of several Algerian couples that did this and some that even married in Tunis. Wasn't there a time, not that long ago, when Americans were not even permitted entry?

I really hope that you get some answers soon and that everything works out incha allah

I thought it was common too. hmmm.. maybe not as common as I thought. Thanks for your reply. I hope that we will get some good news before the 60 days is up!

Danni,

Hang in there and send as much proof as possible. You are doing the right thing by contacting your congressman. I pray that an approval comes out of this-You guys look like the cutest couple!

God bless,

Zaytoona

haha! Thank you ! Ya, we are hanging in there. I think everything will be o kay!

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Timeline

lemme tell you something .. (in my opinion ) ..these people don't really care of u love her or not and lets be logic...they aren't her family or anything to worry about her...they just search for a mistake anywhere to reject so you can hardly fight back but if they just rejected u like this ..its gonna be a mess and they would have problems..anyways ...they found a mistake with you and they used it .so try to correct ur mistake before the teacher hold pull's ur paper.

Sam

Hey Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Im sure they don't care about me :P I don't care, or need them to care about me :) I just need them to see that Hamza and I have a real relationship. There are a few things I can see that they were concerned about. We are doing our best to address those concerns. I called the embassy today to ask about the Administrative review. All they told me was that "this means nothing" It dosnt meant a deny or approval..."just wait the 60 days, and she will contact you with the result" I asked if I could have the interviewers name, so I could address my fax's to her..."no, we cant do that, and you dont need to send anything... she will contact you if she needs anything".

Well I sent emails anyway :P I scanned letters from my family and sent those. Hamza is faxing letters from his family as well.

These are the things I found that I think we need to address.

A. His parents approval

One concern they had was why all of our letters from family looked the same. Answer.... b/c I made a simple letter for everyone to sign just to say they are approving. To keep it simple for everyone, and to not have extra papers to translate. Apparently, this looked bad ?

They also asked about his approval of my daughter. They, don't mind. They think shes adorable, and ask about her frequently. They tease Hamza about being a daddy for her. Its cute.

B. Difference in religion and how his parents feel about this.

His parents will include this in their letters to the embassy. They don't mind. Everyone has to choose for themselves what is right for them.

C. Why tunisia ?

Maybe they think Hamza was hiding our relationship by meeting me in tunisia. His parents letters will prove he is not hiding me. Also I can send in a letter explaining my fear, and can print out papers of the warnings, highlighting the really scary parts. Although they should know this, as it states in the warning that even US embassy workers are not supposed to go out with out a guard.

I think this is all can be overcome. If they deny us, then they didn't do their research, and ignored our evidence... and there is nothing we can do about that. SOOOOO... here is to praying they do their research, and review our evidence!!

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Hey Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Im sure they don't care about me :P I don't care, or need them to care about me :) I just need them to see that Hamza and I have a real relationship. There are a few things I can see that they were concerned about. We are doing our best to address those concerns. I called the embassy today to ask about the Administrative review. All they told me was that "this means nothing" It dosnt meant a deny or approval..."just wait the 60 days, and she will contact you with the result" I asked if I could have the interviewers name, so I could address my fax's to her..."no, we cant do that, and you dont need to send anything... she will contact you if she needs anything".

Well I sent emails anyway :P I scanned letters from my family and sent those. Hamza is faxing letters from his family as well.

These are the things I found that I think we need to address.

A. His parents approval

One concern they had was why all of our letters from family looked the same. Answer.... b/c I made a simple letter for everyone to sign just to say they are approving. To keep it simple for everyone, and to not have extra papers to translate. Apparently, this looked bad ?

They also asked about his approval of my daughter. They, don't mind. They think shes adorable, and ask about her frequently. They tease Hamza about being a daddy for her. Its cute.

B. Difference in religion and how his parents feel about this.

His parents will include this in their letters to the embassy. They don't mind. Everyone has to choose for themselves what is right for them.

C. Why tunisia ?

Maybe they think Hamza was hiding our relationship by meeting me in tunisia. His parents letters will prove he is not hiding me. Also I can send in a letter explaining my fear, and can print out papers of the warnings, highlighting the really scary parts. Although they should know this, as it states in the warning that even US embassy workers are not supposed to go out with out a guard.

I think this is all can be overcome. If they deny us, then they didn't do their research, and ignored our evidence... and there is nothing we can do about that. SOOOOO... here is to praying they do their research, and review our evidence!!

You've doing great ... you have a great attitude and I commend you for that!!

Now that you have emailed more proof ... did you call the DOS? It would be interesting to see what they had to say. Aside from this, I would suggest giving them some time to read the emails and attachments and work a little on your case (maybe 1 week :)) and then I would make a follow up call or email --- just so they dont forget about ya :whistle:

Keep your spirits up and as I said in the PM ... try to review the questions Hamza was asked and the answers he gave .. I'm sure there will be a follow up interview for either your fiance or yourself or maybe even both.

Sending Good Luck Your Way!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

You've doing great ... you have a great attitude and I commend you for that!!

Now that you have emailed more proof ... did you call the DOS? It would be interesting to see what they had to say. Aside from this, I would suggest giving them some time to read the emails and attachments and work a little on your case (maybe 1 week :)) and then I would make a follow up call or email --- just so they dont forget about ya :whistle:

Keep your spirits up and as I said in the PM ... try to review the questions Hamza was asked and the answers he gave .. I'm sure there will be a follow up interview for either your fiance or yourself or maybe even both.

Sending Good Luck Your Way!!

Malarie

Hey Malarie,

Thanks for the encouragement!!

I didn't think to call the DOS. Im not sure exactly what they do :P What kind of questions, can I ask them... or what is it they could tell me exactly ? Do you think they would have any information about our case so shortly after the interview? I will give them a call first thing in the morning. Thanks for the Idea :)

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Hey Malarie,

Thanks for the encouragement!!

I didn't think to call the DOS. Im not sure exactly what they do :P What kind of questions, can I ask them... or what is it they could tell me exactly ? Do you think they would have any information about our case so shortly after the interview? I will give them a call first thing in the morning. Thanks for the Idea :)

Danni

Well - the DOS is where you would call for status of your petition after the NVC stage (I believe dont kill me VJ readers ... maybe I should reword this to say ... The DOS is where I called to check status of my petition after the NVC stage)...

If you do call and the system has been updated after the interview you could ask them specifically the status of your case and have them clarify the status of your case. Supposedly the DOS only has limited information they can access, however, I dont buy this. I think it's more accurate to say the DOS can only divulge certain information from the computer about your case.

What they can do is tell you the last time there was an entry on your case and if a visa has been issued as well as they can inquire with the embassy about your case (not so soon after the interview as you are .... but if you are waiting longer than 30 days.

IDK -- I know it helped me get through the waiting.

Good vibes coming your way!!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Oh and BTW .... My fiance and I also met in Tunisia on one of our trips and this was seriously questioned as well. Not the fact that we went to TUnisia, however, if we had gotten married while in Tunisia and when my fiance answered "No" to this question he was then asked ... "Are you sure?" and then when he said "Yes, I'm sure we did NOT get married in Tunisia" ... she then asked "Why not?"....

As I sent in the PM his interview was bizarre -- VERY bizarre. It sounds like the same type of interview that was given to Hamza. My fiance had the blonde devil herself and then in the same interview the Algerian male worker. If I remember correctly, the day my fiance went the blonde yelled at all the applicants and 95% of them were flat out denied -- very strange way to handle things. Also, this woman was almost nil in french -- how are you gonna have an employee in a country that cant speak the primary or secondary language? I believe this caused frustration on her part.

IDK - what do you think? -- if you are yelling at someone in english who doesnt speak english as their primary language in an interview making them more nervous than they were prior to the interview and talking 100 mph a minute to this person (no yelling 100 mph at this person) do ya think this person is going to be able to successfully respond in english as quickly as she was wanting him to and when he didnt she began to throw her arms in the air and carry on like a crazy person..... seriously my fiance said he almost let out a chuckle because she was insane!!

In the end everything -- Thank God and I feel things will be just fine in the end for you guys ... with patience :D (yeah I know ... this word patience -- arghhh)

Edited by Malarie

Timeline

O kay this is what the letter from the Embassy says.

section 221g witch prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto the following remarks apply in your case. Your case is under administrative review.

This is what happened at the interview.

He went through security, left his cell phone and ID card.

He sat in a waiting room, they called him to a window, asked for his packet three papers, and passport. Then had him sit back down

Then called to another window to pay, then back to sitting. Then they took his finger prints. Then he waited more, and he said he saw and over heard a few ppl being denied. Then he was the last one there to be interviewed. They took him to a back room, away from were others were being interviewed.

So he sat down, the CO was an a Black female (only being descriptive b/c there are some CO who I hear you want to avoid at all cost .... blonde lady ?) She had him put his thumb on a red scanner, then said sit down.

Here is there conversation:

-She said: bounjour... Hamza Said: Hello

-She asked do you speak english.....yes

-She asked him to write my name... and he did

-What are you going to do in the USA.....Marry my fiance

-What do you know about her..... He started saying, shes 26, she has a daughter. Then she stopped him.

-How old is the daughter......Emma is 5

-How did you meet your Fiance..... online, a social website, named tagged.

-How did you find her in the website.....I was searching for some friends, and I found her.

-Why her exactly.....I liked her profile, she was beautiful, and cool. We like the same music, and movies, she likes to have fun, and loves her family.

-Then what ?.....We felt good with each other, and starting chatting in yahoo.

-Whats yahoo?......Its a chat program

-Why Yahoo?......Cause its fast, and easy, and have other options too.

She is writing things down during all of this.

-Whats her religion.....Christian

-Whats your religion.......Muslim

-Is she going to convert....No, I think she wont.

-Will you have kids ?.....Yes

-How many.....1 or 2

-What religion will they have..... We will teach them both religions, and when they are old enough to choose, they can choose whats best for them

-Do your parents know about Emma (my daughter)......yes

-Is this a problem........Not at all.

-When did you meet in Tunisia.....march 8th

-Are you sure......Yes ( we met on the 8th, he arrived there on the 7th)

-Who picked Tunisia, and why ?.....Danni picked it, b/c she saw warnings on the US travel website, about algeria, and thought it was safer to meet in Tunisia. He offered to show her the papers we printed from the website, and a letter from me stating why not Algeria... but she refused to see them. Then he said the tickets were also cheaper to TUnisa, then Algeria.

-Who bought your ticket..... I paid for a car to tunisa, with some help from my dad.

-Dont you have work?....No I just finished school this year.

-What did you go to school for........He stated his degree.

-What will you work in USA.......He said he will work in his degree field

-Who bought her ticket...... She paid for it with her credit card, maybe she had some help from her dad too.

-Does your girl live alone ?......yes, with her daughter

-Does she own her home.....no she rents from her dad

-Then she asked some questions about our stay in the hotel

-She asked who proposed, and when........Me, on March 11th in the hotel

-Why there......b/c I wanted to do this in person. We talked about marriage before, but I think its better to do it officially.

-Have you ever had a relationship before.......No (I'm his first real relationship...though he has talked to other women online, prior to our relationship.

-Then she asked what his dad does for work..... hes retired from working with petrol.

-Did you ever apply for a greencard before.....no

-Did anyone in your family.... yes, but they were denied at the interview. (his dad applied for a family visa for he and his wife and daughter ...a work visa... and his older brother also applied for a visa...tourist visa. They were denied b/c they had no one to support them there.)

Then she just stared at him, gathered his pictures, wrote some things down, stared at him some more. Then said she will give him a paper. It dosn't mean a visa, or denial. That she has to review if our relationship is real, and we will hear from her in a maximum of 60 days.

Then he sent him to the waiting room, then someone called him and gave him the paper.

Long post. Sorry. I just wanted to get everything in...to get the best advice. I think we just wait now. Congressman ??

Thanks Danni

hi you dont have to worry ,if she didnt refuse you in first time so you are fine you just have to wait that's all.good luck you will get it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.