ajigglin

DAKAR EMBASSY THREAD

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wanted to create a thread where all those who have to go through the consulate in Dakar can all talk/vent/share information.

I'll start-

I'm waiting for my file to reach the consulate so that I can get an interview date. I'm aiming for a September interview date. My plan is to fly to Dakar and meet up with my husband (he's flying in from Nigeria), knock this interview out and FINALLY go home together.

The reason why we aren't interviewing in Nigeria is because he has been living in the Gambia for the past 6 years.

Who's next? :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the regular subbies are still drinking their coffee, they'll be here shortly.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Me! FH is also Nigerian but he's been living in The Gambia for the past 4 years. Hey maybe they know each other. :) We're still in the beginning stage waiting for our NOA2. My plan is also to fly in for his interview then return home together. Not sure how it will work out though since he has to go back to Nigeria for the new passport just before. We're waiting until we get the NOA2 so that the police certificate can be obtained at the same time and not expire.

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

well, i guess i am the lone soldier here. lol.

Hi,

I am also going through Dakar. My wife had her interview on June 22nd and was placed on AP. I am really getting frustrated by now but there's nothing I can do, just wait and see.

Moctar

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Our Interview last yr lasted about 5minutes they asked my wife when did we get married, what is my kids name and when was the last time we saw each other. My wife answered all 3 questions and she said that I was here, they asked me my wife siblings name and why do I love my wife and before I could answer they said welcome to America to my wife. Goodluck and make sure that you are perpared for anything and confident and all of your paperwork is in order and you will be ok.

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

hey, peeps!

@purplesky-they very well might. this world is small. :)

@moctar-sorry to hear that. why did they put her on AP? what evidence did she bring with her?

My wife brought our photos and emails. They only asked to see the pictures. The interview took five minutes, she answered all questions except one, which was the name of my former wife, and the CO told her she should have known that and at the end of the interview he told her they will call her back in two weeks, but they never did. I wrote them explaining why she didn't know my former wife's name, and they responded that the case was referred to their eligibility review unit for further processing and that they cannot predict how long this will take. They said they are not requesting any additional evidence from us though. So I don't really know what kind of processing are they doing or how long this may take.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife brought our photos and emails. They only asked to see the pictures. The interview took five minutes, she answered all questions except one, which was the name of my former wife, and the CO told her she should have known that and at the end of the interview he told her they will call her back in two weeks, but they never did. I wrote them explaining why she didn't know my former wife's name, and they responded that the case was referred to their eligibility review unit for further processing and that they cannot predict how long this will take. They said they are not requesting any additional evidence from us though. So I don't really know what kind of processing are they doing or how long this may take.

hmmm. i hope that gets cleared up soon.

fortunately, we were successful, so we are done for now. we get to continue the party in 2 years...

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

Thought I would post into this thread to see if we can get it started up again! I'm still waiting for my NOA2 (i'm a late october filer). But I know when the time comes, I'm going to have some major questions...My fiance will be coming from Mali and neither of us have been to Senegal, so I am constantly worried about the whole process from him finding the doctor's office in Dakar to having the interview in french (instead of bambara which is his native language). Where to stay? I am pretty sure I won't be able to be there, is that a big deal? If he gets placed on AP should he return to Mali then go back to Dakar? So much to think about!!! I know I shouldn't stress, but I can't help it!

October 28 - NOA 1 received

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 18, 2011 - NOA 2 received, finallllllly!!!!

April 26, 2011 - Got NVC Case Number

April 27, 2011 - NVC shipped case to Embassy in Dakar

June 7th, 2011 - Interview in Dakar- APPROVED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Welcome knw! Your fiancé can interview in English. It doesn't have to be French. Also the doctors both have offices not far from the embassy. We used the 2nd doctor on the list. I believe Dr Rahmi is his name. He was awesome and gave my fiancé very clear directions on what he was doing and what needed to be done. If you absolutely can't make it be sure he has everything! My fiance's interview was last week (March 1) and he was placed on AP. Because there's no way to know how long the AP will last, we decided that he would go back to The Gambia rather than spend additional money on a hotel. All in all the process itself is fairly easy. It's the waiting that gives the big headache. :)

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Timeline

Thanks for the advice! And congrats on the interview being done!! Hopefully the AP will go quickly. My fiance will have to interview in french because he doesn't speak english at all. I was actually a peace corps volunteer in mali so learned bambara (and knew french already) so we talk almost solely in bambara. We were working on english while I was there, but now that I am back here and we only get to talk on the phone, its hard because we just want to talk and have a limited time. Its good to know that the doctor's offices are close to the embassy, definitely a relief. Also, do they send packet 3 to the fiance? Or is it emailed? I'm going to have a small problem if it is sent to him b/c he doesn't really have an address with a post office box, so I'll have to see if they can send it to one of my friends with a box or see if the nearest post office will hold it. So much to think about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was actually a peace corps volunteer in mali so learned bambara (and knew french already) so we talk almost solely in bambara.

I can't add anything to this thread since we interviewed in Nairobi, but wanted to say hi to a fellow RPCV :) Good luck for a smooth journey!

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

I can't add anything to this thread since we interviewed in Nairobi, but wanted to say hi to a fellow RPCV :) Good luck for a smooth journey!

Hi to you too!!!!! You were a pcv in Kenya? I actually have a couple of friends who were pcvs with me in Mali that are now actually working in Kenya. Congrats on your wedding and successful AOS. And I appreciate the RPCV shout out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.