aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guinavere! Welcome to the Aussie thread lot's of nice people in here. :)

Wow, another Aussie going to Colorado awesome! Oh and you're from Melbourne too, even better! Sorry to hear about your father but I think it is great that you will be nearer to him and will be able to spend more time with him.

How are you K3ers going? I have been reading your postings and the whole thing since the new rules came in seems horribly confusing and complex! I hope you all hear something soon. We almost got married in Maui last year but decided to wait..I am glad we did now.

Hey I have been helping an Aussie in PM. Her name is Koukla07 so if you see her about VJ say hello to her. She is having a hard time. She had her K1 interview 6 Feb and they gave her passport back but told her she is approved...weird. I am trying to ascertain what that means and have encouraged her to send an email to the consulate and ask what her status is.

Still trying to sell my stupid car!

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi lyndel

wow she got her passport given back..didnt get an explanation for it either huh...shall keep my eye out for her mate..wonder if they had a newbie interviewing her..

yes you lucky duck you got another colardoian living near ya...that is so awesome...

im enjoying reading all your posts and look forward to celebrating with you when u get the great news on the visa's..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi Guinavere! Welcome to the Aussie thread lot's of nice people in here. :)

Wow, another Aussie going to Colorado awesome! Oh and you're from Melbourne too, even better! Sorry to hear about your father but I think it is great that you will be nearer to him and will be able to spend more time with him.

How are you K3ers going? I have been reading your postings and the whole thing since the new rules came in seems horribly confusing and complex! I hope you all hear something soon. We almost got married in Maui last year but decided to wait..I am glad we did now.

Hey I have been helping an Aussie in PM. Her name is Koukla07 so if you see her about VJ say hello to her. She is having a hard time. She had her K1 interview 6 Feb and they gave her passport back but told her she is approved...weird. I am trying to ascertain what that means and have encouraged her to send an email to the consulate and ask what her status is.

Still trying to sell my stupid car!

Lyndel

Hi! I have downloaded all the forms I think we need so that I can read through them and gather all the stuff we need to file. I want to get as much in place before I go back to Denver so that my sweet hubby won't have too much to try and figure out on his own! LOL...It is quite confusing! More so than when I immigrated to Australia. Maybe the US can learn some lessons from the way it is done here! LOL sure would cut down on all the forms and paperwork involved. It was great to be assigned an immigration officer who was keeping track of my application throughout the entire process. And even when he went on holiday, I was notified of another immigration whom I could contact in case of emergencies! So efficient! But then again I have heard of others who have migrated to OZ and had many problems. so I guess it goes to show that not all are as lucky as I was.

My original goal was to file for citizenship here so that I would have a dual citizenship. I would be able to file for that at the end of this year, but I am not sure now how to handle that with my father in the condition he is in. ah well...c'est la vie!

Now if I can just make sense of this paperwork for the USCIS! LOL

Good luck with the sale of your car...hope it happens soon!!

I had to sell my car in the US when I came down under....now I will have to find myself a cheap car when I get back so that I can get back and forth to a job!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Welcome Guinavere!

aussies_in_usa.gif

Hopefully living in Bmore, Maryland sometime this year (please please please). Maybe in time for training camp. GO RAVENS! Gosh Im a dork lol

Edited by Elle

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Timeline

Thanks Kath, I think Koukla07 could really use the support. I have pasted the instructions of how to get to the Aussie thread into a PM for her. I hope she comes in and says hello. I think regardless of our circumstances it helps so much to connect with people going through the same stresses. :)

Hey Guinavere, good luck with all the paperwork. I found it really played with my head especially when you answer the parts about crimes, I mean why can't they say theft or burglary instead of moral turpitude or locking someone up in the basement instead of impunement! :huh::lol: I had to look it up in the dictionary before I answered! Definitely sounds like imigrating to Australia is easier, it's a shame you missed out on the dual citizenship but I am sure that your father will enjoy and appreciate having you around and spending time with you and that makes it all worth it. :) You know there are lots of VJers heading the Colorado especially Aussies I know of at least 3. Two are already there. We should have a catchup BBQ or something when we are all settled in traditional aussie style except no shrimp only prawns! :P

I am rambling, I know..sigh! Well, I am in a bad mood today...I don't know why and I have eaten way too much chocolate (lunch and dinner). I guess I am sick of waiting and I should be counting my blessings, I mean we have the Visa and I have a good job until I leave. I am with my family and friends. It's just I feel overwhelmed sometimes, I am missing Jake so much and it seems to be getting harder each day probably because I don't know when my STUPID STUPID car will sell plus I need to save a bit more money. No-one outside of VJ understands what it's like unless they have been through it. I am glad I have you guys, :luv: sorry for the vent, I will be normal again tomorrow I promise! :yes:

Lyndel

Timeline

Hi Elle, I think we just posted at the same time! Anyway, how are things going with you? I will be staying with my brother in Sydney for a couple of days before I leave so if you wanna have a coffee yell out! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Lyndel,

Yeah definitely! Let me know when your in town. Your in IT right? So am I! Well thats where I hope to work in the States. Let me know about your car - PM the details if you like. No need to apologise for having a vent. That's what we are here for!

I'm good - a bit stressed, hopefully things will be better once Sydney Consulate re-opens and we have further instructions. Other than that - cant complain.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Hi Elle, I think we just posted at the same time! Anyway, how are things going with you? I will be staying with my brother in Sydney for a couple of days before I leave so if you wanna have a coffee yell out! :)

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Timeline

Thanks Elle, will send you a PM. Yes I am in IT and am starting to submit my resume to employers in the States. Earning capacity for IT there is great!

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT:

I have some important information about interviews at the Sydney Consulate for you all to be aware of. I mentioned earlier that I was helping Koukla07 as the consulate didn't keep her passport to put the visa in it and she was approved. Well Robert also an Aussie posted his review and said he had the same experience was approved but they handed his passport back and then called him when he was at the airport and told him to return with his passport to the Consulate as they had made a mistake. Sounds like they have some newbies working there so please read Robert's review and be mindful to question it if you are approved and they don't take your passport to put the Visa in it. I have let Koukla know in PM.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Guinavere: The more you review the docs, the easier it gets. The first time I looked at everything I started to get overwhelmed. However I looked at it over and over and I started to calm down and just do it.

Elle: A Ravens fan? *sigh* I am still bitter about the Giants defeat in the Superbowl way back when. :lol:

Lyndel: I know what you mean about the roller coaster of emotions missing your loved one. I am just happy that there are others, especially the Aussie / US couples that can understand how we feel. Some of Vy's friends wondered how we were able to sustain or even grow in a long distance relationship. I don't think they understand what we've been doing and how we nurture our relationship. Our communication has been stronger and we take nothing for granted. I think some people need to taste separation to truly appreciate their significant other. Good luck selling the car!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Lyndel: I know what you mean about the roller coaster of emotions missing your loved one. I am just happy that there are others, especially the Aussie / US couples that can understand how we feel. Some of Vy's friends wondered how we were able to sustain or even grow in a long distance relationship. I don't think they understand what we've been doing and how we nurture our relationship. Our communication has been stronger and we take nothing for granted. I think some people need to taste separation to truly appreciate their significant other. Good luck selling the car!

Amen. It was so hard for people here to understand. NONE of my American friends had experienced anything like what Stewart and I went through. I mean - could we have CHOSEN people from a further away country?? long distance doesn't even BEGIN to describe it...

I loved finding VJ for this very reason...people actually UNDERSTOOD US and what we'd been through. Gotta love it :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Hello everyone.

I'm a new poster on these forums.

My fiance is from Adelaide, I'm in NYC. We started the fiance visa process actually in November, using a lawyer. They started the case actually in Decemeber.

To get to my questions :)

We received notification of the interview set for March 30th in Sydney. We were planning an April 7th wedding, and this of course puts us very close. I realize now I probably shouldn't have listened to the lawyer telling me the interview date should be no later than March 3rd... but that's all too late to change now...

*I've read that the consulate does not issue the visa same day, but you can return next day to pick it up. March 30th is a Friday, so does this mean he would have to wait until Monday to pick up the visa?

*Has anyone ever requested an earlier date? It says on the consulate website you can email requesting to be put on a waiting list for a sooner date, has anyone done this? And if so was it granted?

You all seem like a very friendly group of people, and although I've only lurked here so far, I'd like to thank you all for your posts, they have helped me already. :)

I-129f K1 Visa:

12/10/06: I-129F mailed to NSC

1/3/07: NOA1

1/12/07: NOA2

1/16/07: Left NVC

1/31/07: Packet 3 received

2/20/07: Packet 4 received, dated Feb 13th

3/30/07: Interview date, requested to be moved up.

3/12/07: Actual Interview Date **APPROVED**

Married 4/7/07!!

I-485 AOS:

Filed 4/17/07

NOA dated 4/23/07

Biometrics Appt 5/21/07

Pending in California Service Center

I-131 AP:

Filed 4/17/07

NOA 5/17/07

I765 EAD:

Filed 4/17/07

NOA 4/26/07

Biometrics 5/21/07

DENIED 6/1/07 - Filed under wrong category :( Not refiling and paying again, waiting for AOS instead.

Timeline

Amen. It was so hard for people here to understand. NONE of my American friends had experienced anything like what Stewart and I went through. I mean - could we have CHOSEN people from a further away country?? long distance doesn't even BEGIN to describe it...

I loved finding VJ for this very reason...people actually UNDERSTOOD US and what we'd been through. Gotta love it :)

Hehe, I TOTALLY agree. VJ is a wonderful community. Besides the wealth of immigration knowledge and experience, the people are It's great to know that there are so many other people that understand us. Hehe, Australia / US couples define a LDR literally. :lol: The one thing it made us sure of is our love for each other. Imagine having to deal with frustrations or arguments while apart. There are also the days we really miss each other. It really can test a couple's commitment to each other. It also made it so much sweeter everytime we visited each other. The first hello at the airport or waking up next to each other the next morning. Ahhhh.

I-130

NVC

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

USCIS - I-751

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

USCIS - N-400

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

hi ya nycangel

welcome to the aussie thread...good to see you and i think were all glad that it helps everyone in here..even if its just a catchup to how everyone is going...

when our interview was set it was only a week or so notice...that was back in april..my husband hadnt sent me anything because we were expecting it to be in june...so the rush was on for him to send it all..then my police check didnt arrive..so i contacted the consulate and got a later date because my hubby was comin to oz in june to come get me...so i faxed my interview letter with a letter from robert stating we would like a date in june...at the time we didnt even think on the day which landed on a friday...so we had to go back to the embassey on the monday to get my passport and visa...

in your situation you could always try emailing them stating your wedding is on a certain date and would like your fiance out of the country by a date...they might do it for you but i would get on it quick smart on that request give them enough time...even state the date you want ... you can only try ...good luck to that email ...

guinavere, i agree with vylex just keep studying the forms then when your ready just take your time with the forms...make photo copies of it or put your copies on a cd (this is what i should of done less paper to bring over lol) triple check them before you post them off...get someone else to check them for you too...good luck to you ...and also while i think of it...when u get your photo's taken dont forget to take a copy of the sizes you need them they are different to aussie passport photo's...

also i would be interested if you could let me know what kind of process the aussies do that is different because when robbie retires we are looking at going to live back in oz....send me an email or pm me if ya like...i was thinking the other day it would be nice to have your own personal immigration officer that you could rely on an one that would know your case for this process to the states..

hey lyndel...you know its ok to vent in here mate..its what were here for...who else understands your frustrations better than us VJers...my work mates didnt understand it....its definetly a relationship that grows more deeply than someone around all the time...robbie an i have never argued ..i have been here 7 months and i think i have only been mad at him once and that was when he restored the compter and i lost all my contacts and pics in outlook express lol...and he admitted last night never been mad at me but annoyed that i wont let him spend too much money on me lol...men ...one day he will understand i dont need much just him to be beside me...

now i have finished i take my leave and see ya again tomorrow...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline
guinavere, i agree with vylex just keep studying the forms then when your ready just take your time with the forms...make photo copies of it or put your copies on a cd (this is what i should of done less paper to bring over lol) triple check them before you post them off...get someone else to check them for you too...good luck to you ...and also while i think of it...when u get your photo's taken dont forget to take a copy of the sizes you need them they are different to aussie passport photo's...

Hi Kath,

Come to think of it, I didn't pay close attention to the size when filling out my G-325A forms. I submitted Vy's photo but it was a tad thinner. I hope it doesn't cause an RFE. I like the idea of a CD archive too! Great idea!

I-130

NVC

USCIS - I-751

USCIS - N-400

Timeline
Thanks Elle, will send you a PM. Yes I am in IT and am starting to submit my resume to employers in the States. Earning capacity for IT there is great!

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT:

I have some important information about interviews at the Sydney Consulate for you all to be aware of. I mentioned earlier that I was helping Koukla07 as the consulate didn't keep her passport to put the visa in it and she was approved. Well Robert also an Aussie posted his review and said he had the same experience was approved but they handed his passport back and then called him when he was at the airport and told him to return with his passport to the Consulate as they had made a mistake. Sounds like they have some newbies working there so please read Robert's review and be mindful to question it if you are approved and they don't take your passport to put the Visa in it. I have let Koukla know in PM.

Yes I read that Lyndel and thought the same that when I'm due for an interview to remember to watch for that. Am sending out good vibes for your car to sell asap.. that must be a pain in the butt.. I'm going to have to sell my car in a few months so am interested in how long it's going to take and when I should start advertising. I was thinking I might start advertising it earlier and just tell potential buyers the situation and when they can have the car etc..

Those checklists are a great help Guinavere in knowing exactly what you need to send etc. I also joined VJ a few months ago whilst waiting for my USC to arrive so we could be married to begin so I was in here reading up and asking all the questions well before hand.....But otherwise, I think the whole situation is disgraceful; that there isn't at least one FREE helpline for such an important and huge event as immigrating to another country with all it's 'official' rules etc.. is beyond me. I love the idea of having your own consulate official to help out (someone needs to tip off the US officials).

Welcome NYCAngel :) Your process seems to have gone quite fast..here's hoping ours does the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.