aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

hi moonie

welcome to the aussie thread...hope you can get heaps of info out of this thread...its very informative..dont be scared to post any questions we are all here to lend a hand in any way we can..

many of us are already over here but we do have quite a few going through the process also..

im a melbourne lass also..lived in melton ... and am now living in toledo ohio ....which side are you on and where in the states you heading

hope your journey is without any hiccups as mine was and i do hope its fast enough for you too...

take care and welcome

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Well I am heading off to Sydney tomorrow morning so that I am up there and ready for the horribly early start for the interview on Friday morning. Will pop in Friday night when I get home with an update and hopefully an approval. Fingers crossed! :)

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Thanks Priscilla, elephants are stomping in my belly instead of butterflies! :lol:

Cheers

Lyndel

hi Lyndel

good luck ...you will be fine im just know it.....dont forget to take something to munch on and a mag mate...enjoy the view...dont forget to be last in the elevator too

will be thinking of you all day thursday and keeping my fingers crossed for ya

take care stay safe on your travels

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

Thanks Kath for your kind thoughts! :D

I will remember munchies, mags and last in the elevator! :yes:

PS. sent you a PM

Cheers

Lyndel

Filed: Timeline

Hey Lyndel,

Good Luck with your Interview in Sydney :thumbs:

Munchies list.. :pop:

1) Tim Tam Balls yummo

2) Choc Fudge Brownies.. :hehe:

3) Basically anything Chocolate :whistle:

Drink List... :pop:

1) Mineral Water... won't make you thirsty

2) Soda Water... as above...

Magazine List.. :reading:

Winter wear... LL Bean

Winter wear... Eddie Bauer

Cheers

Paul :dancing:

It is 7 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 34 seconds until

Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 8:35:00 AM (Providence time)

Till my Wifee

:wub: ( NorthernGirl ) Boards the plane that starts,

her Journey to me (2nd trip)

and

It is 8 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes and 46 seconds until Friday, 9 February 2007 at 10:30:00 AM (Adelaide time)

Till she is in my arms again :energetic:

<H2 align=center>Current time is</H2>

2007-01-31 22:18:14

CST(local time in Adelaide)

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

WOWWWWWWWWW! I've finally caught up with all the news on here after being away for a month. David I can only imagine how you are feeling........what a lousy thing to happen. I was stunned. Keep your spirits up as hard as it must be and things can only get better. Goodluck with everything.

Lyndel,

All the best with your interview but you will be fine. It is the most amazing feeling when you get through the interview and out of the building and all those butterflies (or elephants will be gone)!

Hi Kath, Sorry to see the test didn't go so well and that you have been sick. I had a wonderful time with my sons while they were here but buckets of tears when they went. I have been here a year on the 3rd Feb and think it's nearly time for a visit back to Adelaide to see the rest of my family and friends. Lotsa snow here too and temps as low as -20C......mind you we are about 2 feet short of snow this year which is a good thing........shovelling the driveway in those temps is no fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well in their journeys & welcome to all the newcomers.

Bye for now, Susan

hey there susan

good to see you was thinking of how your sons visit went the other day...was cleaning out my inbox and found your email....glad ya had a fantastic visit mate...how did the boys like it here...??? i can well imagine the buckets overflowing too ...wow you been here a year..did you reflect gal...

im over the test thing robbie told me chrysler cancelled the hiring in the middle of it and it was too late to cancel the testing ..wish we could sue um lol....

robbie has next week off so were going to be doing the rounds of putting my resume in to heaps of places..applied to alot online but not heard anything back as yet...but life is good with robbie and im grateful for that...

talk to you soon mate

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you all for your welcome (L) Today has been a hard day. I get so tired of coming home to an empty house and getting into an empty bed. I miss him lots and lots. Right now we just play the waiting game. My goodness time goes by slowly... I am sure after we hopefully get our NOA2 I will have lots of questions then! The affidavit of support scares me because out of all my working years 2006 was the worst year financially for me lost my job got a straight comission job didn't do to good. :whistle: I do own a house I hope that would help. I really do not want to ask my mom to co-sponsor! :(

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
hi moonie

welcome to the aussie thread...hope you can get heaps of info out of this thread...its very informative..dont be scared to post any questions we are all here to lend a hand in any way we can..

many of us are already over here but we do have quite a few going through the process also..

im a melbourne lass also..lived in melton ... and am now living in toledo ohio ....which side are you on and where in the states you heading

hope your journey is without any hiccups as mine was and i do hope its fast enough for you too...

take care and welcome

kath

I am the American he is the Australian ;) And trust he reminds me all the time by slamming us. ::rolling eyes:: lol

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank you all for your welcome (L) Today has been a hard day. I get so tired of coming home to an empty house and getting into an empty bed. I miss him lots and lots. Right now we just play the waiting game. My goodness time goes by slowly... I am sure after we hopefully get our NOA2 I will have lots of questions then! The affidavit of support scares me because out of all my working years 2006 was the worst year financially for me lost my job got a straight comission job didn't do to good. :whistle: I do own a house I hope that would help. I really do not want to ask my mom to co-sponsor! :(

Make sure your taxes are up to date. If you own a house, what's it worth, equity, etc? (you don't have to tell me, it's just something to keep in mind), and do you have a job right now...

If you don't want to use your parents to co-sponsor, just be sure you meet the poverty guidelines.

Here is link to the 2007 poverty guidelines http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/07fedreg

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

David: Hope it goes quickly. :( Glad she went anyway.

GirlfromOz: GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it went ASAP!

Kath: LOVE the photos!! You look right at home in the snow!

Moonie: Welcome! So glad you popped in! Where in the States are you? I was in Florida when Stewart was in Melbourne so I know the long distance thing stinks but TRUST ME it is SOOO worth it in the end!

Keep posting guys!

Caroline

Oh and Pricsella - WHERE Are the wedding pics? I realized that when we were there in December we passed the registry and saw that the foutain and garden area was under constrcution. Were you able to get your photos there?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hi All -

A few of you have suggested I check out this forum - Thanks!! I've read through and am relieve to find so much information about the situation my fiance and I are in now. I haven't found a situation quite like ours, so I thought I would spell it out and see if anyone has any advice.

My fiance Katie and I met about 2 years ago when she was living in the States and working at the same resort as myself. We dated for about a year, then her J1 ran out and she had to leave. She got a job in Canada so we could be closer together. We got engaged about a month ago and are exploring our options.

We'd like to get married in late June so her family can come over during Uni holidays. She has a visa in Canada until August. We have explored the K1 option, though it looks like it is improbable that she would have a visa in less than 5 months. We've had one lawyer tell us there is no way, and another tell us it could happen, though they can guarantee it. As for a K3/CR1 - we don't really want to be split up after the wedding (as I'm sure no one does). She can be in the country for 90 days on the Tourist VWP - we thought that if she comes in a month or so before the wedding and we file immediatley afterwards we'll have at least the first 2 months together, by which time hopefully things will be progressing and she will have to go for an interview anyway. I've also read that coming in on the Tourist VWP is illegal if you intend to change status while in the country.

Sorry to write a novel - but this situation seems pretty complicated and we've had lawyers tell us that we can and can't do pretty much any option we can think of. I'm just starting to get discouraged and confused by all this.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, or know of one?

Thanks so much in advance for your advice!

Dan and Katie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Welcome Dan and Katie! I met my husband while he was on a J1 also :) Are you planning on using a lawyer? Look around this site and read all the guides before you decide to spend all that money! :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.