aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The affidavit of support...did you print out the I-864 from the USCIS website?

I'll make sure to fill out the forms very careful, thanks for the tips!

Yes, I paid with credit card. Looks like you got the idea already. You can submit the affidavit of support the same day. I couldn't because apparently I printed out the wrong one online. So they gave me a new one and said that I can hand write it in. One more thing... once you get packet 3 in hand. Fill it out and send it off by post right away. I made the mistake of waiting a few days which sort of set us back some, because they ended up sending us an RFE that was easily resolved. But if I only had sent the forms out straight away, then we would have recieve the RFE much sooner, therefore taken care of much sooner too. Be very thorough when filling out those forms because we missed one small question and that was our RFE, if we read it a bit closer there would have been no problem. So just be sure you take extra care when filling out the forms. You should have no problem.
Hi All!

Hope everyone had a great Chrissy & New Year!!!

Eric is flying out very soon...and we will be doing the walk-in DCF @ Sydney -- does anybody have any last minute tricks and tips?

I've been advised to do a dry run to the consulate, the elevator trick - be at the front...hmm wha else...bring a bit of supporting evidence as David mentioned they were asked for pictures...

You can pay the DCF fee by credit card right?

Hope it all goes well!!!

Thanks for any help!

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

WERE HOME :)

hope everyone had a happy new year!

David - hope you have good new soon.

Elle - GOOD LUCK _ you'll be brillian

Poi - Isn't your wedding fast approaching??

Mellie - got your Cherry Ripes. PM me your addy so I can send them off :)

Cheers everyone!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
WERE HOME :)

hope everyone had a happy new year!

David - hope you have good new soon.

Elle - GOOD LUCK _ you'll be brillian

Poi - Isn't your wedding fast approaching??

Mellie - got your Cherry Ripes. PM me your addy so I can send them off :)

Cheers everyone!

There you are! I was asking everyone what happened to you but I didn't know you went to Australia! Jenn filled me in. I hope you had fun! Happy New Year to you two.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Sarah! I'm totally jetlagged and super tired - but it was a really nice trip :) Hope you had a great new year as well!

See you around, :)!!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas and happy New Year! David, sorry you've been held up a bit with the RFE -- hope it all gets sorted out soon. And welcome back Caroline -- did you make it to the cricket? (We've been watching a bit, but it's been a drag that it's so one-sided).

Elle, you can pay the fee by credit card. And I don't know if you need to do a dry-run. Just make sure you try to go up the first set of elevators as close past 7.30 as you can, and then that you get in last for the second set of elevators (so you can get out first). If you do all that you'll be fine! And even if you don't, the worst that can happen is a bit of extra waiting time. Have a look at the reviews under the "Embassy/USCIS Reviews" tab above, there's lots of helpful hints there.

I've just started a new job so I'm crazy busy, but I'll try to drop by again sometime soon...

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello again everyone!

Another quick question for those who have already been interviewed at Sydney.

I have attached my 2 photos to the 2 DS-156 forms in the place indicated. Is this wrong? Just noticed in the embassy review page that several members have said they were given separate and the consular officer attached them. I know emphasis is placed on putting things in the right order and following the instructions.

Will I be getting off to a bad start?

Probably a silly question but getting really nervous for Monday! :mellow:

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Sarah! I'm totally jetlagged and super tired - but it was a really nice trip :) Hope you had a great new year as well!

See you around, :) !!

:dancing: Welcome back CarolineM :thumbs:

Paul

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Ohhhhh... i guess its too late to answer the questions for those with interviews today!! Am I reading this wrong or are there TWO of you going today?? Hmmm...

Anyways, I think the DCF fees amounted something around 500USD and yes you can pay by credit card.

No need to do the dry run, just show up nice and early and make sure that all your paperwork is in exact order as specified on the letter you got stating the interview date.

We did NOT attach the pictures, but its been a while so I dont remember if you were supposed to or not. Id say if it doesnt say to attach them, then dont. They can be VERY picky about where things go. And if I remember rightly, you need those pictures because thats what they do the actual visa with.

Good luck to all!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS N GALS !!!! :dance:

Thanks for the tips David. Hope yours gets sorted asap.

Hey Caroline, glad ur home safe. My fiance is finally here and getting over the jet-lag himself. Now he realises why I fell asleep on him early so many nights lol..

Yes, we get married in less than two weeks; scary, scary...lol. Is just so nice to have him here at last. :D(L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Michelle, The suspense is killing me...how did you go with your interview today???

David, have you heard anything yet? I am still waiting..sent the consulate an email today asking about the interview date. It took them 9days to reply to that last email i sent.

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: Timeline
Really love that quote Paul!

Hiya Poi_n_J :energetic:

Yes I love the Quote as well it's a Quote,

that my wifee (NorthernGirl) share and i share.

It is 30 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes and 38 seconds until Wednesday,

7TH February 2007 at 8:35:00 AM (Providence time)

When my Wifee starts her 2nd Trip to come see me.

AND

It is 31 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 28 seconds until Friday, 9 February 2007 at 10:30:00 AM (Adelaide time)

TILL SHE ARRIVES IN MY ARMS,

WHILE WE'RE OUTSIDE IN ADELAIDE AIRPORT,

SMOKING UP A STORM (CIGARETTES)

:oops:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

Hey All,

I found out my interview date today, it's 2 February YAY!!! :D We are so excited. I got a reply to my email but still haven't received packet 4.

I can't believe it's nearly all over. Can't wait to be with my baby again....it's been a long road!

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all - BELATED :-)

Took me forever to read up all the news while I was unable to come in here. Happy for those who spent holidays together, incl. me as well :-) I hope everyone is back to healthy, happy selves. A lot is happening these days... interviews, weddings, walk ins, job tests, packing... May we all get what we wish for much sooner than we expect!!!

Thanks again all for help and info re: police check. Did it at Parramatta PS 10pm Thur 14/12. Flew to San Francisco Fri 15/12. No problems at the airport, actually the guy was joking abt me coming this time as fiancee and not just a girlfriend :-) had a fabulous 3 weeks with Aaron and his family. When I got back to Syd a few days ago Police check was in mail. Waiting for Packet 3 now.

Looking forward to reading Interview reviews from yesterday, and hope to start signing in more regularly to keep up with all the good news shared in this cozy place :-)

Special congratulations to girlfrmoz on interview date! I'm trailing after you about a month or so... your joy gives me hope as well.

xoxo

vik

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.