aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

hi there angela

doing well here...been cold here but the sun has been shining quite a bit..my wish of a white chrissy wont happen though..

actually i have felt colder...but were just started winter so we will see huh lol

i have applied for a part time job a jeep robbie got a form to elect a person for a posiiton...these dont come around too often and it is good pay..so i applied ..only a few days a week so that will gt me my own money to save up for the kids to come over...

went for blood test an a mamagram the other day ...damm doc wants to know whats going on in every damm part of my body lol...i was shocked when i looked up all the abbreviated names of the tests..lol..im the kinda person who only goes to the docs when i am sick...if im well why go well thats my philosophy lol...told the doc you wont be seein me that often...lol...but over here they seem to be very heavily into preventative medicine...i went for a registration appointment with the docs ...and it ended up costing us 102 dollars after the damm insurance.. i frieked...if it wasnt for robbie convincing me to go for the tests i wouldnt of bothered purely because of the cost....

not gone for my licence yet...will do that when im ready at knowing where things are more clearly to me...

hi girl

yeah i thought of you as soon as i read that thread..fingers crossed it wont go through that quickly..lol...

well im gunna go for a walk..take care everyone have a happy and safe christmas and those of you that are over here dont get too down because of family at home....me im getting there....

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

David hope you don't have too much more waiting to do but I'm sure you will hear soon. Just wondered if Stephanie has had any luck with finding someone to ship her things?

No snow here either Kath which is very very unusual but I guess there is always next year. I think all of us over here will miss our families at Christmas...........I think most of all I will miss my little grandson. My 2 youngest boys arrive here on the 29th December and I am literally counting down the hours!

Goodluck with the job application.........fingers x'd for ya.

To all of you back in Oz and still waiting......HANG IN THERE.......it's tough being apart but it WILL happen and you will be together before you know it.

Have a safe and happy christmas,

Susan :)

Timeline
David hope you don't have too much more waiting to do but I'm sure you will hear soon. Just wondered if Stephanie has had any luck with finding someone to ship her things?

Yes, she actually found a company but she doesn't plan on sending anything right now. Regardless of the time that it might take to get here, there really isn't anything she has that can't wait.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Densusan and Kath, I heard there is a blizzard in Colorado, that's where I'm heading. Oh what fun it will be to leave Sydney in Summer clothes and manage to carry enough warm things to rug up when I get to JFK and then Denver.....brrrrrr!

David, what is the name of the shipping people you are using? I still need to get that organised. I don't have much to take but I still want some of my things from home shipped over.

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I thought i'd pop in over here, as we are about to embark on the Visa Journey ourselves. I'm the oz citizen and hubby is the Us citizen. hubby has been living here for 5 1/2 years now and, we have 2 kids and one on the way. We are currently living in Sydney and are moving to Roswell New Mexico where hubby is from.

I've been working on and looking into the paperwork. I've finally had time to sit down and get it filled out. We are looking at filing after Christmas, so i'm very very nervous there.

We are working on other stuff like, taxes, joint sponsors, criminal history checks etc.

I'm nervous about the move, but thats because i will miss my family and i have kids to think of in this move. I'm excited at the same time, stressed etc, i guess this is all normal.

Well i just wanted to pop into the thread and say hello and that we are jumping on the visa journey wagon.

Also, can anyone tell me, on the walk in on thursdays to lodge our application, do we go to the US Citizen section, or do we have to wait in the normal area? We've always gone to the US Citizen section when filing birth abroads for the kids, as hubby is living here.

Merry christmas to everyone, happy and safe new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emerald

Hi everyone

Happy Christmas to you all! I'm getting geared up for Monday, as we're having my hubby's mother and brother over on Christmas day -- it's the first time I've cooked for them, so I'm a bit nervous! But I got a Chrissy pudding from home and some cake too, so I'm looking forward to that.

Lyndel, I think I posted about the guy I used to send some stuff over, but maybe you didn't see it. The company is Frieghtbiz and they pick up from the main cities in Australia as far as I know (they're based in Sydney but I was in Melbourne which wasn't a problem). They specialize in smaller moves, and I was actually sent to them by OISS Worlwide movers as my shipment was too small for them (20 boxes -- 400kg -- I have too many books!). It worked out pretty cheaply, especially if you arrange to pick the goods up yourself at this end (otherwise you need to pay someone to clear customs and things for you over here). The email is freightbiz@bigpond.com

Hi Emerald, glad you've made it over here. When you go in for the walk-in, you need the immigrant visa section because you're applying for an immigrant visa. The US citizen section is only for matters relating to the US citizen, not you. When you go in, push the top button on the ticket machine, that's the immigrant visa button. And make sure you get there early, as there is bound to be a bit of a wait.

Hope you all have a great holiday

Chris

And Kath, good luck with the job -- hope it all works out for you, it will be good to have some extra cash I bet! Hope you get to talk to your kids over Chrissy too

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Greetings all from Geelong! We got here safe and sound but I got AWFUL sick...Feeling better today, but it hasn't been fun so far begin sick. It's FREEZING here. Apparantly it was 37 the day before we got here...the day we got here it was 17...and today I think it's even lower. It's cold and rainy, which is good because they are on stage 4 water restrictions here...rain is good.

Not much to report. We are totally ready for the cricket tomorrow. Cricket is al the buzz here as Warne just retired and so did McGrath. Everyone is freaking out :)

Anyway Happy Holidays to all!

much love,

Caroline

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa visited you all and for those in the USA, one more sleep! :P

All I want for Christmas is a VISA!!!! :lol:

Hey Lunamel...must have missed your first posting about the shipping people so thanks for posting it again will definitely check them out after Christmas. Good luck with cooking for your in-laws I'm sure it will all turn out fine!

Caroline, it's cold up here in Canberra too but at least it's sunny. Hope it clears up a bit for the cricket for you. Apparently, it's so cold there's snow at Mt Bulla, that should put out any fires that are still there!

Christmas hugs to all

Lyndel

Timeline

Wife got an RFE in the mail, stating she forgot to tick whether she's had previous military service... of course she hasn't so she ticked no. But that wasn't the only question they asked. On the DS-230 Part I on the previous residences, they asked her where she was living between 1993 to 1995... she has clearly put on there where she was living between 1993-2001. Besides, Section 20 asked for previous places you've lived since turning 16. Well my wife turned 16 in 1995! Clearly an address that started in 1993 fully covers all the necessary information that section 20 was asking for. Sheesh, do these people actually take the time to look at these applications?! My wife corrected her mistakes, but left the address part just the way it is because there was nothing to correct. I've emailed the consulate to inform them that section 20 was correct and that the dates that were being asked were clearly defined on the list. Sheesh, there goes another two weeks of waiting!

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

hi david

sorry to hear about the RFE mate... maybe when she sends it back send another copy of her birth certificate and highlight her date of birth might be something for them to see more clearly...im with you on do they even read the applications....fingers crossed that it doesnt take too long for an answer from them...

ohh bugga just read your signature she sent it back the same day so disregard the above lol

had a wonderful chrissie here got spoilt rotten ...rang all the family was good they were in one place for a change..rang my kids and my daughter was rapt with her pressie...and my boy appreciated the money instead of something...

now for eating all the left overs lol.....and what to do on new years eve..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

I wonder why they can't just pick up the phone and call my wife to say... "you forgot to select an answer for prior military service. Have you had prior military service?" I mean, how simple can that be? What's more annoying is that you can't even call them to answer the question, like everything is asked and answered through email. And sometimes they won't even return a reply.

Timeline

Hi David,

Sorry to hear about the RFE that really sux and over something so trivial. I agree why couldn't they just pick up the phone and call. I hope they respond quickly.

I haven't heard anything yet about my interview date.

Timeline
Hi David,

Sorry to hear about the RFE that really sux and over something so trivial. I agree why couldn't they just pick up the phone and call. I hope they respond quickly.

I haven't heard anything yet about my interview date.

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. When you get your final interview date, it will give me an idea when my wife gets hers. They said upon return of the form, her final interview will be issued. Well, from the looks of their response times, it might not be another two weeks, and if she was given an interview date, it probably won't be for another two weeks from the time we recieve that final letter. Anyway, it's only been a month since my I-130 interview in Sydney, so I guess we're still making good time.

hi caroline

good to hear you got there safely and i do hope your feeling a whole lot better ...

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY TOO HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY AND NIGHT FOR THAT SPECIAL OCCASSION

did you enjoy the cricket..my niece was there too she lives in eng but is in oz visiting family an friends...hope you are enjoying the summer there what there is of it at the moment...

i have an ability test on the 9th jan for a job at jeep (my husband's work) i havent had a damm test like this since i was 17 lol...so i hope i can pass it lol

talk to you all soon

take care

kath

ps no damm snow yet either all were getting is rain lol typical melbourne weather here at the moment lol

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

David sorry to hear about the RFE.......hopefully the wait won't be too much longer for you.....fingersx'd for ya.

Hope everyone had a great xmas......unfortunately I came down with the flu :dead: but am feeling a lot better than I did. My boys are now inflight and heading for New York city and we will be picking them up friday night :dance: Makes me smile thinking about it!

Kath goodluck on the 9th., but I'm sure you will be just fine.No snow here either...... Everytime we get snow the dam sun comes out and melts it next day! Usually at this time of year we have at least a foot on the ground. Oh well.....less to shovel I guess.

We are headed to Vegas & Florida for 10days so Happy New Year to all of you in the USA & in Oz and hopefully there will be good news posted here by the time I get back.

bye for now,

Susan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.