aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

see this is what this thread is all about ...helping each other through this damm process and keeping in touch to help the newbies going through what we had..just love it that we can do this for our fellow aussies....

david we had the same pic taken at the apostles but with the one fallen still there..robbie was devestated when i told him the news of it falling...will show him the pics tonight when he gets home..and yeah you made another aussie homesick for Vic...

hi lunamel how you doing you working or still studying over here...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All!

ausqueen - I have to run to work but I will read your msgs more when I get back -- with my police check i got the fingerprint done. It was $175. Make sure you get a money order or cheque as they don't take credit and my local police station (Blacktown NSW) preferred not to take cash. I basically had filled out the form, bought in 3 forms of ID (@ least 1 needs to have your pic - passport - which ended up getting wet ugh lol - my medicare and licence). I called them to book an appnt, they told me just come in whenever when its not busy so sometime after 6pm...so I did and then I was told they only do them on sundays!! I begged and pleaded and told the copper ive been to the station like three times and was told by someone to come in whenever after 6pm. He checked if anyone else (ppl getting booked and what not) was in the fingerprinting area and since no one was there, he had another cop take me there and take my fingerprints.

So after all that, the guy said it gets processed elsewhere (im assuming the federal police) and then they send me the copy. It takes about 3 - 4 weeks he said.

Have you printed the form? On there it has a spot where you can write down which address you want it to be sent. Maybe try another police station??

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh Man,..David those pics were great. I'm a born and bred Sydney girl, and those pics made me homesick. I had also been to the Apostles, and didnt realise one had recently fallen, thanks Kath,..

The trouble with these police reports is a bit disconcerning to me,.. I originally applied in Darwin, NT for mine, which was meant to be the AFP nation wide check, along with fingerprints which were taken. And it was sent directly to the Consulate to put on my file. ON the day of my appointment, they said there was a problem with the way that it was processed. Apparently, the nation wide search had been done, and there was a match to a NSW record, but the record for my name matching was never pulled. That was the only reason on the day that I did not get my VISA but instead the dreaded blue form. Even though I had a copy of the court documents and a supporting letter from the lawyers on my case, saying I was found innocent and case was admonished (mind you, I was 14 when I had my lil run in with the law), that wasnt enough.

I marched down from the MLC centre to the Police station at The Rocks,( a five minute walk at the most) I was furious, and ready to fight. I explained my situation to them, they took me in, had another set of prints taken, and the paperwork was filled out and sent away, along with another $100 at the time. Less than 3 weeks later, It had been rectified. They had sent a copy of the NEW police record for NSW to the consulate, and one to me, in case the consulate lost theirs. The Consulate sent me my passport with VISA inside, back less then a week after that,..so I was delayed by 4 weeks in total.

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
David your pictures are GREAT! I am an Adelaide girl and it made me very homesick looking at them but put a smile on my face too.........thanku. My husband loved Cleland but thankfully it wasn't 40c when we were there!

I used Allied Pickfords to ship my things. It was extremely expensive because I had some furniture shipped too but they are very good. I have a friend in Adelaide that deals with shipping companies I will email her and see if she can make some suggestions.........it's been 10 months since I organised mine so I don't remember who else she suggested to us.

Take care everyone.

SUSAN :)

I'll let my wife know... what part of Adelaide is this company from, my wife would like to use a company near the Port Adelaide area, since Adelaide is pretty spread out.

To Ausqueen, I actually have the instruction letter from the consulate with me... Obtaining a police certificate from each state differs from each other slightly, according to this instruction letter. I'll type out exactly what it says for NSW...

"If you reside in New South Wales"

Make and appointment, and then appear in person to be fingerprinted at your local police station. You must pay the fee of AUD 175 (subject to change, pleace check the current fee with the police) and complete an application form, which the police will forward to: NSW Police Department, Criminal Records Section, Level B3 NSW Police Headquarters, 1 Charles St, Parramanta, NSW 2150. Tel: (02)8835-7888.

Please find further details on the New South Wales Police website at:

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/.

There is nothing on the instruction letter stating that you need to receive a request from the US Consulate to get a police certificate. But each Police department functions in different ways I guess... but for NSW, they do send the report straight to the US Consulate, they do not hand it to you. That's all it says, hope this helps you a little. For South Australia, you actually pick it up yourself and take it with you to the appoinment.

I actually don't get how some police certificates cost more than other police certificates in other states. In Queensland its 142.60, NSW is 175, ACT is 130, Western Australia is 43, Victoria is 120.40, Tasmania is 120, Northern Territory is 100, and SA is 140. Maybe it has something to do with population?

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline

I thought I'd add a few more pictures to remind some of you of home...

IMG_0211Small.jpgIMG_0180Small.jpg

IMG_0154Small.jpgIMG_0125Small.jpg

IMG_0115Small.jpgIMG_0114Small.jpg

IMG_0061Small.jpgIMG_0040Small.jpg

IMG_0203Small.jpgIMG_0022Small.jpg

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline

David,

Allied Pickfords are situated at Regency Park which is north of Adelaide and not that far from Port Adelaide. I lived in the Adelaide Hills and it didn't make any difference that they were way across town. They do have a website too which is as follows www.alliedpickfords.com.au . They figure it all out by the cubic footage and not weight.

More pictures to remind us of home........they are great!

Kath,

Certainly is a wonderful thing aussie mateship :thumbs:

Thanks for the PM Kath :thumbs: Sorry guys, I really have been run off my feet of late.......I do a quick round of the board and thats all I have had time for.

Hi guys,

could someone please send this to aussiewench, or ask her somehow to come and look in here! I tried to PM her but the site tells me my mailbox is full, which is bulldust since I've deleted all but last 9 msgs I have. I am getting a bit desperate here, getting ready to fly out on Fri and working till last minute! Thank you!

"hi aussiewench,

sorry to budge in like this. I was hoping I will see you in aus thread but no luck last few days :(

But you are such a helpful and smart sweetheart of VJ... I had to chase you! LOL

Can you plese help me with police check from NSW?

I've been talking to my local PS, even to a Sgt from HQ. They tell me I will have to wait for the letter from the cons before I can apply for police check and it gets sent directly to us cons, not given to me!!!

Everyone else in our thread done it before hand, and took it themselves to interview but they all seem to be from Melb. Couldn't get anyone there tell me of their Syd/NSW experience. Someone told me you did yours in Syd.

If you get a minute, could you pls tell me how it goes? I am here another 2 days before my trip for Christmas, I was hoping to apply for it before I go.

Also, wish me luck at the SF airport on Friday!

I'm taking letter from my boss, letter from real estate agent (I'm renting) and payment ledger - paid up to end Jan '07, plus 2 bank statements to show I have some money here! Enough? Hopefully they won't look even at that :)

Have a nice day over there, sydney got a "cold shower" yesterday, looks like it's gonna be fresh today as well. But it's only 6am now. Gotta get ready for work, leave in half hr!

Thank you so much, it will be great help if you manage to write back!

ausqueen... or

vik"

Vik

They are feeding you #######. They tried to feed me the same #######. You need to ask to speak to someone that knows what they are talking about and stand your ground. You do not need the letter from the Consulate for immigration to the US. They don't see too many of these so in general they really don't know what they are talking about. Just complete the form etc as Elle posted. Once the police station sends your fingerprints and form off to Parramatta, Parramatta will then forward the Police Certificate to your address, NOT the consulate.

Hi All!

ausqueen - I have to run to work but I will read your msgs more when I get back -- with my police check i got the fingerprint done. It was $175. Make sure you get a money order or cheque as they don't take credit and my local police station (Blacktown NSW) preferred not to take cash. I basically had filled out the form, bought in 3 forms of ID (@ least 1 needs to have your pic - passport - which ended up getting wet ugh lol - my medicare and licence). I called them to book an appnt, they told me just come in whenever when its not busy so sometime after 6pm...so I did and then I was told they only do them on sundays!! I begged and pleaded and told the copper ive been to the station like three times and was told by someone to come in whenever after 6pm. He checked if anyone else (ppl getting booked and what not) was in the fingerprinting area and since no one was there, he had another cop take me there and take my fingerprints.

So after all that, the guy said it gets processed elsewhere (im assuming the federal police) and then they send me the copy. It takes about 3 - 4 weeks he said.

Have you printed the form? On there it has a spot where you can write down which address you want it to be sent. Maybe try another police station??

hahahaha I had similar problem getting mine done. In the end I called a police station out of my area cause bankstown was always chockers full in the lock up so they couldn't do my fingerprints. Had to do a little sweet talking of an officer in order to do so as they prefer to only do those living in the area.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Oh Mellie, Mia is absolutely gorgeous :thumbs: CONGRATULATIONS guys. I was actually going to start a thread the other day to see if anyone had heard from you as I knew it was around the time you were due. I am sooooo happy for you both. (F) (F)

Gosh there is so much in here that I have been missing, so I'm just going to wave hello 2354ab87.gif and say congrats to all on their progress, approvals etc, and hang in there to those that are still muddling through this process.

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You people in here are unbelievable!!!

Thank you so much for helping me out! Kath, thanks for sending my msg to wench! Everyone else... thanks for replying and sharing info.

Elle... you in Blacktown!? I am in P'matta - 10 mins walk from the police... both local and the HQ :) Maybe I could take fingerprints to HQ myself! I said I have strong "connections" at the HQ, but I can't have the fingerprints taken there, has to be at the station. Have to read more of your posts. I remember "Watermelon juice on Passport" story... but didn't realise you are actually here now, ie in Syd. I will PM you.

I have printed the form (P799) off the police site and will just call them to see when they are free (I 'm prepared to go any time of the night if need be... just let me do it!). My boss even told me to go and do it from work... just to check with them when I can turn up there. That's nice!

Will have to see if P'matta takes cash (maybe I can go tonight?!). If not... make money order tomorrow at lunch break... huh... I feel much better.

David, thanks for copying part of your letter... I will go with what others said in regards to having it sent to consulate or myself (suits me better, LOL).

Gotta go call them now. It's after 8pm but then again... they are there all night!

Love to you all, and many many thanks. Back soon!

vik

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Timeline

hey vik!! -- yessums im at btown -- but i grew up in parra...go tha eels!

Anyhoos, yeah call Parra station and ask em if they take cash or not. I had mine processed on the 29/11 - will let you know when i receive it.

Currently trying to find Eric flight to Syd. Its unusually high prices...higher than the norm, considering he has visited Syd around this time for the past 4 years. But at this point I told him, lets just eat the money -- cant take being apart anymore!!

Wherabouts in Parra do you work?? I love Parra. We are wanting to stay at Westport Parra again this yr...

So are you gonna do the DCF too? Or is this for the K1?

I-130

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Timeline

Q about the federal income tax return for I-864 -- is the W2 the same thing as the tax return? Eric said he has the W2.

David - great pics!! Makes me wanna visit Melbourne again and do the ocean drive this time.

What a cutie bubs Mia is!

I-130

I-129F

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm Lyndel, been around for about 5mths now. Moved from Melbourne to Canberra to stay with family until I go the US.

I didn't think anyone used this forum, talk about slow I only checked it out today lmao :wacko:

I just did the Police Check there is a website that has all the info about it. It's a national AFP check for the visa, just google Australian Federal Police. You don't need anything from the Consulate. Just go get your finger prints taken (i needed an appointment), then they are supposed to send the application form, finger prints and money order off to Criminal History here in Canberra.

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Hi everyone - it's me again!

I just want to say that I feel like a selfish btch.... focusing so much on my "problems" and what I have to do... I totaly ignored other people's posts... joys and sorrows... or at least a bit of whinging :)

Let me just say to all together: I get goosbumps from reading your posts, hearing abt things going on with you all, looking at your pics (little Mia is more cute than Mia Hewitt!) and reliving with you some great memories (David's pics from Syd and SA).

I look forward to every new post in here, and keep checking it, even if I don't have time to log on... I just quickly see if there is any news.

So, I guess I want to apologise for being so self-absorbed and self-focused and want yo uto know that I appreciate everyone in her very much!

I'll let you know how I go with police check tomorrow, and then will hopefully be logging on from SF over Christmas!

vik

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

AOS process (after K-1):

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

Timeline

Oops!

above post went in before spell check... clicked the wrong button :) but I know you smart guys will manage!

Sign of the times (of the day) - good night everyone!

:blush:

I129F process:

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

AOS process (after K-1):

Timeline

Cleland... LOVED IT!! Thats where I got to hold a Koala!!

Ok, sorry so short, will be back, baby crying!!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.