aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

hi ya

its not hard to cook a turkey.. it was my first thanksgiving here and i found plenty of cooking shows about a week or so before that taught you how to cook the perfect turkey...ya just do it like a chicken an stick a pin in it to let you know when its cooked lol...and...my hubby did the turkey and he stuffed it with stove top stuffing..and i tell ya it is the best stuff i have ever tasted..as i have never ever eaten it an i did this year lol...

its a great feeling to finally get all the paper work all over and done with an fly back here...then start all over again with the change of status routine lol

good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

HAPPY THANKSGIVING...!!!

Aww....wot a hassle Kath. At least you're there tho and can fill in time getting over culture shock...lol..

Just throw a bit of herbs over it and whack it in the oven Michelle like Kath said; like a chicken...lol.. I did my virgin lamb roast with vegies about a month ago, it was mostly cooked (luckily) when the timer went off which meant that the oven turned off with it which I wasn't aware because I'd had a few wines....lol.. Luckily I realised in time and it wasn't ruined- actually it received top praises :yes: ......ah, just the gravy...need to learn how to make instant gravy.....lol..

Timeline

Australia here I come!!! :dance:

Hey everybody... leaving for Australia tomorrow morning (monday)... Starting my trip in Pensacola, Florida then off to Atlanta, Georgia. From there, I fly off to Los Angeles International, aka LAX. I have about a 4 hour lay over which gives me enough time to check in, etc. Then I fly off to Sydney in the evening and arriving on wednesday morning. Should be DCF'ing by Thursday morning. I might be a bit jet lag but due to the importance and excitement of this visa process, I think I'll be wide awake. My wife is very excited, she has a very fun trip planned for us...

I'll let you guys know how everything went. This walk-in thing should be a piece of cake.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

David - you're going to have the BEST time!! Be sure to pop in and let us know how it goes!!

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your time in AUstralia! I'm right behind you !!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I finally got my police certificate done! I called yesterday to book an appnt but the lady said you can come in anytime just as long as its not busy, so after 6pm. So I rock up and the constable was like ohh we only do fingerprints on Sundays. So I'm like I called blah blah...and yeah it went fine after some pleading. They just needed to make sure there was no one at the fingerprinting area.

I somehow have managed to make things even more difficult for myself as I have spilled sum watermelon juice on my passport, on the side of it. Has anyone had any experience with the like? Cuz bloody hell I dont wanna pay another $193 for the passport when it's not even 4 years old!! It's not like its not readable as the police accepted it...guess I can find out from the passport office or something.

Goodluck with the DCF David!

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Timeline

NO idea about the juice, but watermelon juice sounds yummy!!

Good job with the police thing.

GOO DAVID - should be hearing from you soon I hope!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

It was a very yummy juice...and could be quite expensive lol...

I got to go to the passport office and check if it's still readable. I'll let you all know how it goes!

NO idea about the juice, but watermelon juice sounds yummy!!

Good job with the police thing.

GOO DAVID - should be hearing from you soon I hope!

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Good luck David -- I'm sure it will go fine!

I've been off the radar for a little while as I came down with the flu :( and we went away for a few days over thanksgiving to visit the family. I'm still getting used to this thanksgiving thing -- especially as I don't eat turkey! -- but it was good to meet some more of Tobias' rels (even if I was snuffling away through dinner :blush: )

Good news though -- I got my permanent greencard last Wednesday, so it took all of one week after I arrived. I thought the guy at immigration was wrong when he told me it would take 6 months... And I got my social security card on Saturday, and three copies of my welcome letter (thought that would come first, but not complaining of course!).

Priscilla, can't remember if I wrote to you about my experience getting the police check?? If I didn't, let me know if you want to hear. I had some trouble with the Vic police, and had to get mine through the AFP in the end (though Vic police did my fingerprints for free), but it was all very speedy so no hassle at all. And a tad cheaper than Vic police too, I think.

And Elle, hope things work out ok with the passport!

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

hi lumanel

hope your flu is subsiding for you....chicken at christmas time? lol

your flu was your welcome to america gift mate..

it must be good to meet other relatives of your man...mine hasnt got many left an they dont keep in contact with him..he has only one step brother left alive an he lives down in ironton ohio .. we did try to find him when we were down there a few years ago but no one was home but i think in that small town he would of heard that we were there looking for him...maybe this summer i might suggest finding him again...

his birth kids are cut off too (long story) i think he like the idea of my big family over oz he so enjoyed going visiting them and they were very impressed with him too (in comparison to my ex)lol

fingers crossed for your passport elle

david good luck in your interview i hope the photo's do help you find the place and dont forget to fill in your timeline too

caroline how is stewart going hope he is coping ok mate...and enjoy melbourne say hi for me...would love to go home for a holiday...

take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

DAVID, Where are you :) Just waiting for the good news.

Kath - thanks! Stewart's doing fine. We are so excited to be going back!!

No other news here!!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hi Kath -- the flu's all gone now, and I'm finally feeling back to myself! You're right, must have been my welcome to america... It was good meeting more of the family. It must be nice for Rob to have family on your side now, given his situation. My family at home is not very big, and they do cause me grief at times, lol, but it is good to know they're there.

Caroline, when are you off to Oz again? We found a new aussie pub last night, near where we live, that's showing the ashes -- I was so excited! I think I'll be now there a lot from now on...

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Timeline

Australia cricket RULES!

I leave in TWO WEEKS from today! I have NO summer clothes to wear and I am freaking out!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

I know! I have to tell you I have the BIGGEST crush on Andrew Symonds, but I don't think he's playing in the Ashes!

Let's see - we're staying at his parents house in Geelong...and then spending three nights in the Westin Melbourne for our anni!!!

It's my favorite hotel EVER. He keeps alluding to a secret anni present and I'm pretty sure he got tickets to the Boxing Day test for us. I hope so because I would love to go again!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Well I don't know alot about the shopping in Geelong however a new factory outlet with all the big brands has just opened up in Spencer Street, City so there's a start... :)

How wonderful spending your anni in the same hotel..maybe the same room? Well done on the tickets..I have never been to the cricket yet...should be great..!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.