aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Matt and Karo. Well we're in a funny little city called Webb City, Joplin. South West Missouri. Funny really cause I have been a singer all my life and people have often told me I am like a modern day Aussie Janis Joplin. Andrews Dad came from Ohio and I really do like the look of it around there. Wedo have plans of heading back to Oz though in 3 or 4 years time. And Matt I think I can remember or guess what that job is but I ain't saying either. Best of luck but I am sure you wont need it.

Now the wedding, this will be my first and Andrews second but he seems a little more concerned about it all being just right than me. (God I love my man) but we'll see as the time gets closer. Don't even have a dress yet (supposed to be making it & Andrews shirt) and don't have the money for a sewing machine yet. MMmmm.

And Lunamel and Meauxna still glad for any food info but there is so much more here now available for me even in the super markets than when I was here last year.

Take care all,

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And Lunamel and Meauxna still glad for any food info but there is so much more here now available for me even in the super markets than when I was here last year.

Take care all,

Stella.

Welcome to America, Stella!!!

Sorry I haven't got back with you on that--didn't know where in the US you were til now. I googled natural foods and got several hits for your city, so I'd suggest you make the rounds. You should be able to find decent gluten free goods, and things like canned tomatoes w/out sugar in the most basic 'health food' store.

Otherwise, let's brainstorm how close you are to civilization. ;)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline
Hi all downunders. Just checking in to say got here safe, everything is wonderfull and we are both so happy.

Gonna post a question on the K1 thread about timing and getting married. We were thinking of tieing the knot 2 weeks before the 90 days is up, but now we worry a little cause in case we need that paper work done a bit sooner. I guess it just says be married by 90 days, not to have the paper work done by then. Any thoughts here???

Cheers all and lifes great ain't it!!!!

Stella.

Congrats Stella, it is wonderful to finally be here with your love isnt it? :luv:

We didnt get married until 2 weeks before the 90 days, apparently it isnt necessary to file before the I94 expires, it just pays to get the SSN well before then as I think you need at least 14 days left on the I94. Also some people (the bank in my case) have no knowledge of the visa and just see it as expired so the sooner you have the NOA for AOS the better.

Its a lot to plan in a short time, I still wish we could have had the 9 months like the Aussie fiance visa, but there ya go!

Edited by flossiefus

July 5, 2005 Married Las Vegas

AOS Process

Aug 5, 2005 AOS Sent as K2 Teenage Son arrived on August 6

NOA 1 arrived dated Aug 12, 2005 number on it differs by 1 digit from that on reverse of check so USCIS site now reflects the process

K2 needs EAD before SSN number will be assigned

Touched August 24 2005

Biometrics Appt letter arrives April 24 2006

Transfer to CSCE notified by email May 26 2006

Touched May 27 2006 then 6/7/8/9th June

Biometrics 2nd Appt for June 23

Welcome letter Mailed June 13 notified by email, arrives June 17 2006

Biometrics for Photo June 23

Touched June 23

June 24 Email from CRIS - Your card will be mailed as soon as it is ready

June 27 touched

June 28 Email your application was approved June 28

June 29 2006 Touched

GREENCARD

July 21 2006, Neighbour brought letter. Green Card 06/08/2006 no errors on it, was delivered to wrong mailbox, so I cancelled infopass for July 24 in Miami

USCIS and I have a date Mar 10 2008 to mail I-751

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all.

I hope that all those together had a wonderful 4th!! For those still apart, I'm hoping it's just a matter of time :)

We had a great one. I'm freaking out right now trying to buy tix to Australia for the xmas holiday. Sheesh. It's SO expensive but we HAVE to go...

Any tips? Anyone ever use a travel agent??

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

karo,

you might try AAA if you are a member. i believe they are pretty competative.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

hi everyone

well we made it to the states....got married on the 1st july and it was perfect ...well...a few things forgotten like the rings and the music..and even the marriage licence lol..but all in all our day turned out perfect..91F but when we got to the canal boat it cooled down ...just put my aussie mate that came over for the wedding on the plane...

just waiting for our marriage certificate to go get my ssn and then start the AOS process...lol...

hope all is well with everyone

its great waking up next to the man i have waited 4 years to be with...we are happy as...

have a good one ..

karo why dont u try qantas with the deals of extra trips within oz...

ok talk to u later

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

LOL Kath :thumbs: Glad it turned out perfect though.

weddingcongrats173715ns.gif

Karo

We've been lookin at kayak.com and so far that is coming up trumps as far as good prices..so could be worth a look for flights out here to Oz.

Stella

Congrats darlin'....good to hear all is going well for you.

Only a couple of weeks until Im out of here and off to the US so am busy busy with all the last minute things and saying my goodbyes to family etc.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline
snip >>got married on the 1st july and it was perfect

Congratulations, glad you made it (F)

July 5, 2005 Married Las Vegas

AOS Process

Aug 5, 2005 AOS Sent as K2 Teenage Son arrived on August 6

NOA 1 arrived dated Aug 12, 2005 number on it differs by 1 digit from that on reverse of check so USCIS site now reflects the process

K2 needs EAD before SSN number will be assigned

Touched August 24 2005

Biometrics Appt letter arrives April 24 2006

Transfer to CSCE notified by email May 26 2006

Touched May 27 2006 then 6/7/8/9th June

Biometrics 2nd Appt for June 23

Welcome letter Mailed June 13 notified by email, arrives June 17 2006

Biometrics for Photo June 23

Touched June 23

June 24 Email from CRIS - Your card will be mailed as soon as it is ready

June 27 touched

June 28 Email your application was approved June 28

June 29 2006 Touched

GREENCARD

July 21 2006, Neighbour brought letter. Green Card 06/08/2006 no errors on it, was delivered to wrong mailbox, so I cancelled infopass for July 24 in Miami

USCIS and I have a date Mar 10 2008 to mail I-751

Timeline

Congrats Kath n Rob....(K)

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

Timeline
Hello all.

I hope that all those together had a wonderful 4th!! For those still apart, I'm hoping it's just a matter of time :)

We had a great one. I'm freaking out right now trying to buy tix to Australia for the xmas holiday. Sheesh. It's SO expensive but we HAVE to go...

lu

My fiance and I have travelled between LA and Australia so many times I think I've got it sussed!! Best fares - Qantas.com - they have personal TVs which not all airlines have and makes the trip sooo much more tolerable! Although risky, I find that they usually bring out specials 6-8 weeks before travel time. I have seen Thanksgiving and Xmas specials from as low as US$700 plus taxes (LAX-Syd).

Edited by michellek1976

Timeline

Hello all.

lu

My fiance and I have travelled between LA and Australia so many times I think I've got it sussed!! Best fares - Qantas.com - they have personal TVs which not all airlines have and makes the trip sooo much more tolerable! Although risky, I find that they usually bring out specials 6-8 weeks before travel time. I have seen Thanksgiving and Xmas specials from as low as US$700 plus taxes (LAX-Syd).

I hear ya!

But my last flight I was kinda peeved the cabin crew were complete bitches. :(

yah the personal entertainment centres are the best out there ... some of the movies at times suck but its better than nothin on a long flight....and plus Qantas has a no crash record :D

:star::star::star:

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

Timeline

hey thanks for all the help guys. It is risky to wait but I might just do it anyway. Stewart already has his ticket so worst case, he goes, I stay...you nkow? It is his sister's wedding so not AS much of a big deal if I don't go and to be honest - i've done that darn flight so many times too I'm sick of it :( Twice within 6 months.

CONGRATS KATH!!! So glad your wedding was good!

hope all are well

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Hey Karo, there is a US mob called the "Travel Team". I don't know but they looked like they had some real good deals for US cit's.

...And a very big congratualations to the new Mr & Mrs Dragons.

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

hi ya all

thanks for all the congrats...

its pouring down here ..i havent seen rain like this in years.wish oz could get rain like this...

hey stella how u doing hope all is great for you down your way....will have to give ya a ring one day would love to hear another aussie voice...everywhere i go people keep saying ohh i love your accent keep talking...i just say dont say that or i wiont say anything lol...i suppose i will get use to it i feel like im the only aussie in toledo lol ...i did bump into a couple of ladies who live in the next town who were new zealand but her hubby was aussie..it was the first time in four visits that i came across our accent...she stopped us cos robbie was wearing the vb tshirt an i was wearing my sydney tshirt...was a pleasant meeting...

went an got my social security number yesterday...will look into starting my aos next week...

question....does all the paperwork for aos ead and the ap get posted to chicago...my office is cleveland....matt can you remember what you did seein your at the same office...

take care all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.