4,678 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Everyone,

Can somebody tell me, what are the total costs of filling a DCF?

Thanks

Harry

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ohh shoot. Let's see.

there's the flight for the American to Oz...$1500? or so?

Now it's changed but it was about 500-ish for the actual visa.

Then there's the costs for the medical and police checks.

and the trip to Sydney for the interview...

Not sure about totals - maybe someone else can help with that.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hey Aussies, I'm from Adelaide :thumbs::whistle::thumbs:

Names Paul and as mentioned above i am from Adelaide.

My Wife (NorthernGirl) is in Massachusetts and we are going through

Spousal Visa (IR-1 / CR-1) through Sydney.

Wishing all V.J'ers a fast reconnection with their spouses, where ever they might be.

Cheers :D:thumbs::yes::whistle:

Paul B)

Great to have you join us in the downunder thread Paul :thumbs:

Harry

Welcome aboard.

Visa.....http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/feesiv.html

Also look HERE re Consular Fees Schedule

Police checks.....vary depending on state and there may of been fee increases

NSW $175

WA $103

Vic $106.10

Tas $38.50

Qld $138.80

NT $60

ACT $130

SA $86

Medicals...vary between states

NSW..Dr Millar (Sydney)...$250

Further reading and links http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/iv.html

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

oooh, wenchie---that's a juicy list! Is that in the Oz DCF Thread? (hint hint hint) :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

oooh, wenchie---that's a juicy list! Is that in the Oz DCF Thread? (hint hint hint) :)

Yeah Im working on it :blink: but you knew that right ;)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Lorelle, hi this is complete South Australian Police Requirements as well as Current Prices for ,

National Police Check, with all FAQ'S

Cheers

Paul

NATIONAL POLICE CERTIFICATE

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CONTACT DETAILS

POSTAL ADDRESS: Records Release Unit, SA Police PHONE ENQUIRIES: 08 8204 2455 EMAIL:

GPO Box 1539, ADELAIDE SA 5001 FAX NO: 08 8204 2307

SAPOL.records@police.sa.gov.au

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What is a National Police Certificate (NPC)?

A: A NPC provides a national summary of an individual’s offender history. It is generally requested by organisations as one part of their process to

Ensure the integrity of their staff or volunteers.

Q: Is there an age limit to obtain a National Police Certificate (NPC)?

A: No. If you are under sixteen years of age your guardian will be required to counter sign the application as well.

Q: What will show on my NPC?

A: The NPC will be prepared in accordance with SAPOL policy. Interstate offences will be released in accordance with that State or Territory’s spent

Conviction/ rehabilitation legislation and policy. Information that may be considered for release includes the following:

Person Information Offender History Information Other Information

· Identification data such as name,

Gender, date of birth, aliases, previous

Names, other recorded dates of birth

Etc

· Address (es)

· Charge(s)

· The court outcome of the charge(s) together

With the dates, court and any sentence

Imposed

· Pending matters

· Specific departmental records

· Outstanding warrants

· Paedophile restraining orders

· Other restraining orders

· Diversions

· Cautions

· Expiable matters

Pending matters have not been determined by a court; therefore they cannot be regarded as a finding of guilt. Intelligence-type information is not

Released. SAPOL is unable to release traffic history from some states and territories. This information can be obtained upon application to:

• QLD Licence Searches, Department of Transport GPO Box 2451 Brisbane QLD 4001 at a cost of approximately $15.00. Cheques or money

Orders are to be made payable to Queensland Transport.

• WA Police Service "Traffic Conviction Records Section" PO Box S1400 Perth WA 6001, the application form is available on the Services page

Of their website at a cost of approximately $15.00.

Q: Who owns this NPC?

A: This certificate is the property of the applicant and as such should be retained by you (the applicant) regardless of who paid for it. It is your

Responsibility to ensure it is safely stored. It is not recommended that this document be copied, but can be with your consent. The content should be

Summarised into an organisation’s records to record the recruitment process. If you have any concerns please let us know, our phone number is

Listed above.

Q: Why do I need to provide proof of identity?

A: SAPOL takes its responsibilities in respect of protecting the community from crime and disorder, and information release very seriously. To ensure

That we meet our obligations an applicant for a NPC is required to establish their identity via the check process. If copies of these documents are not

Attached, the application will be returned to you. If you are unable to meet the criteria on the application form – please contact the Records Release

Unit (RRU-see above) for advice on additional acceptable documents.

Q: How does an organisation obtain police checks for volunteers free of charge?

A: The fee for volunteers is $28.50 however the check is provided at no charge if the volunteer is in contact with vulnerable groups. All volunteers

Must not be receiving any payment for work (except out of pocket expenses); and the work must provide a charity or community service good.

The South Australia Government meets the cost for these ‘eligible volunteers’.

To be eligible for this fee waiver the organisation must be pre-approved by SAPOL and have received a Volunteer Organisation Authorisation

Number (VOAN). The organisation must provide this authorisation number on every volunteer’s NPC application form. Further information about

how to apply for a VOAN and application forms can be obtained by accessing SAPOL’s Internet site www.police.sa.gov.au. Look for Volunteers

in the Site Map.

Q: How long will it take to process my request? Is there an Express Service?

A: The standard timeframe to process a NPC is between 5-15 working days. This provides enough time for postage, and if there is an interstate match it

provides time to verify any same or similar name matches and obtain local and/or interstate history. If you require the NPC quickly an Express Service

of 2 working days is available, however, an additional charge applies and you will be required to collect the NPC from Adelaide Police Station. If an

interstate match occurs the 2 day turnaround cannot be guaranteed, however SAPOL will process your application as a priority at all times. The 2

working days begin from the time the application is received at the Records Release Unit.

Q: I am obtaining a NPC for Taxi Accreditation purposes, who do I contact if I require the Certificate to be processed earlier?

A: Taxi drivers seeking permanent accreditation have up to 8 weeks notice, early lodgement will ensure that you receive your Certificate in time.

Alternately, the express service is available at an additional cost of $21.00

Q: Is this the correct form to complete when applying for registration as a teacher?

A: No. Applications should be made via the Teacher’s Registration Board.

Q: Do I need to have my fingerprints taken to get a NPC?

A: No, SAPOL checks identifying data and this is normally sufficient. You may however have special requirements such as a visa for overseas travel,

employment or immigration, or your employer or regulatory body requires absolute identity checking. A NPC with fingerprints requires an additional

charge not subject to any concessions (see Fees below) . You must ensure your fingerprint form is firmly attached to the NPC application form.

SAPOL is unable to advise on visa requirements and will need to verify the requirements yourself.

Q:

A:

Do I need a NPC for my visa application?

SAPOL is unable to advise on visa or overseas travel requirements. Please check your visa requirements carefully as you may require a NPC

prepared by the Australian Federal Police and you may also require fingerprints to be taken.

Q:

A:

What is the cost of a NPC?

Fees are listed below and may be adjusted annually in accordance with CPI. Fees are gazetted by the Government of South Australia. The fee is

based on the average cost to produce a NPC based on staff time, CrimTrac charges, consumables etc.

Q:

A:

Am I eligible for the fee to be reduced?

The cost of processing this request will be reduced if you meet one of the concession criteria (see Concession Criteria below). An Express Service is

not subject to any fee concessions.

Q:

A:

If I require a refund, how do I apply for one?

All applications for refunds must be made within 3 months from the lodgement date. Please forward your request in writing together with supporting

documentation to the postal address listed above stating why a refund should be considered.

Q:

A:

How long is my NPC valid?

This depends on the policy of the organisation you are presenting your NPC to. There is a time lapse between the recording of convictions by courts

and the updating of the criminal records databases of police jurisdictions. This certificate only reflects the completeness and accuracy of these

records and systems on the date of issue.

Q:

A:

I am living interstate or overseas, can I apply for a NPC?

No, National Police Certificates will only be prepared for those people resident in South Australia. South Australian residents who may be living

overseas should refer their request to the Australian Federal Police www.afp.gov.au or their email address vetting@afp.gov.au. Residents of other

states should direct their enquiry to the police service of the state or territory in which they reside.

Q:

A:

Can I apply for a NPC on behalf of someone else who lives in SA?

You can only apply on behalf of someone if you hold Power of Attorney. Documents to verify this must be produced. A copy must be attached with the

application. The original must be sighted by a SAPOL employee or equivalent.

SAPOL permits someone else to collect your certificate, however, you must complete the application form yourself and identify the person collecting

your certificate at the time you submit your application.

Q:

A:

How can I collect my NPC?

You may request that the NPC is collected from any police station, or mailed to your postal address. You must provide suitable identification at the

time of collection. Having a NPC posted to you is undertaken at your own risk. SAPOL holds no responsibility for any loss or unauthorised access

which may occur. You need to indicate on the form whether the NPC is to be sent to your postal or residential address.

You may collect the NPC from Adelaide Police Station if it is urgently required.

Someone else may collect a NPC for you, if they have a signed letter of authority. You are required to identify the person collecting your NPC on the

application form, and you must provide them with a letter or authority.

To ensure the security and privacy of your information, applicants are unable to vary to collection method after the form has been submitted.

Q:

A:

What if the information on my NPC is incorrect?

SAPOL provides the opportunity for the public to correct their records via mechanisms available under the Freedom Of Information Act. Please

submit a PD361 – Application for Amendment of Personal Records form which is available from any Police Station. Please outline your concerns and

provide a copy of the disputed evidence.

Q:

A:

How can I obtain further information?

Telephone or email the Records Release Unit via the contact details listed on the front of this form. Alternatively, you are able to access information

and the application via SAPOL’s Internet site www.police.sa.gov.au. Look for National Police Certificate in the Site Map.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SIGNING THE APPLICATION FORM :

• You hereby consent to the release of full details of any person history and any other relevant information that any Australian State/Federal/Territories Police

or Law Enforcement Agency may have in its possession with reference to you. This includes any convictions imposed on you that are spent or rehabilitated

(however described) under State/Territory/ Federal Legislation.

• You agree, should there be any doubts as to your identity, to voluntarily submit a set of fingerprints suitable for the requirements of the fingerprint experts.

• You acknowledge without this consent being provided spent or rehabilitated convictions within certain States may not be disclosed.

• In consideration of the release of the said information, you hereby release and discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the State of South

Australia, each of the Australian State/Federal/Territory Police or Law Enforcement Agencies and their employees, servants and agents from and against all

claims, demands, actions, suits, proceedings, costs and damages whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with the release or use of the

information.

CONCESSION CRITERIA FEES – Valid to 30 June 2006

Concessions are available for people that meet the following criteria:

• Current State concession card issued by FACS

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Individual $44.00 </H1>

• Totally and permanently incapacitated disability pensioner.

• Receipt of Commonwealth unemployment or sickness benefits or State financial

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Concession $32.00 </H1>

Assistance.

• Holder of a student identification card issued under State Transport Authority Act

Volunteer $28.50

1974 or proof of full time student status

• Holder of a current pensioner health benefits or concession card issued by the

Volunteer working with Vulnerable Groups (VOAN) $0

Commonwealth Government.

• Proof of financial hardship by providing evidence of receiving one of the following

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Fingerprints $90.50 extra </H1>

Benefits from Centrelink not more than 4 weeks ago: -Crisis Payment, Special

Benefit Payment, or Exceptional Circumstances Relief Payment

Express Service $21.00 extra

Yeah Im working on it :blink: but you knew that right ;)

Lorelle, hi this is complete South Australian Police Requirements as well as Current Prices for ,

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/business/doc...Certificate.pdf

The Above link is Complete Application Forms for National Police Clearance for anyone in Adelaide,

needing application, that is going through V.J.

National Police Check, with all FAQ'S

Cheers

Paul

NATIONAL POLICE CERTIFICATE

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CONTACT DETAILS

POSTAL ADDRESS: Records Release Unit, SA Police PHONE ENQUIRIES: 08 8204 2455 EMAIL:

GPO Box 1539, ADELAIDE SA 5001 FAX NO: 08 8204 2307

SAPOL.records@police.sa.gov.au

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What is a National Police Certificate (NPC)?

A: A NPC provides a national summary of an individual's offender history. It is generally requested by organisations as one part of their process to

Ensure the integrity of their staff or volunteers.

Q: Is there an age limit to obtain a National Police Certificate (NPC)?

A: No. If you are under sixteen years of age your guardian will be required to counter sign the application as well.

Q: What will show on my NPC?

A: The NPC will be prepared in accordance with SAPOL policy. Interstate offences will be released in accordance with that State or Territory's spent

Conviction/ rehabilitation legislation and policy. Information that may be considered for release includes the following:

Person Information Offender History Information Other Information

· Identification data such as name,

Gender, date of birth, aliases, previous

Names, other recorded dates of birth

Etc

· Address (es)

· Charge(s)

· The court outcome of the charge(s) together

With the dates, court and any sentence

Imposed

· Pending matters

· Specific departmental records

· Outstanding warrants

· Paedophile restraining orders

· Other restraining orders

· Diversions

· Cautions

· Expiable matters

Pending matters have not been determined by a court; therefore they cannot be regarded as a finding of guilt. Intelligence-type information is not

Released. SAPOL is unable to release traffic history from some states and territories. This information can be obtained upon application to:

• QLD Licence Searches, Department of Transport GPO Box 2451 Brisbane QLD 4001 at a cost of approximately $15.00. Cheques or money

Orders are to be made payable to Queensland Transport.

• WA Police Service "Traffic Conviction Records Section" PO Box S1400 Perth WA 6001, the application form is available on the Services page

Of their website at a cost of approximately $15.00.

Q: Who owns this NPC?

A: This certificate is the property of the applicant and as such should be retained by you (the applicant) regardless of who paid for it. It is your

Responsibility to ensure it is safely stored. It is not recommended that this document be copied, but can be with your consent. The content should be

Summarised into an organisation's records to record the recruitment process. If you have any concerns please let us know, our phone number is

Listed above.

Q

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Cheers. I appreciate the info aussiewench & karo112.

Hmm. Sounds like I should have taken the DCF route...

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all downunders. Just checking in to say got here safe, everything is wonderfull and we are both so happy.

Gonna post a question on the K1 thread about timing and getting married. We were thinking of tieing the knot 2 weeks before the 90 days is up, but now we worry a little cause in case we need that paper work done a bit sooner. I guess it just says be married by 90 days, not to have the paper work done by then. Any thoughts here???

Cheers all and lifes great ain't it!!!!

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline

stella,

congratulations on your arrival!! to answer your question, you just have to be married within the 90 days. as i understand it there is absolutely no requirement to have the paperwork in by then.

i would imagine though that you would have the majority of the paperwork completed by then anyway.

good luck.

matt

ps: where abouts in the states have you ended up?

Edited by mwfaith1971

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Timeline

Hey Stella! Congrats! WElcome to the States! Hope you had a nice journey...now the hard part...planning the wedding :)

Matt - how the heck have you been? Haven't seen you around much!

As for me...no news really. We are leaving tomorrow for a family reunion in West Virginia. Stewart's going to be in culture shock...haha

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hi Stella,

I think prior to getting married you need to file

"NOTICE OF INTENT TO MARRY"

30 DAYS PRIOR TO WEDDING DATE WITH BIRTH DEATHS AND MARRIAGES.

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/bdm/forms.html#N...tended_Marriage

Check this out if you intend to get married in Australia

I hope this helps :yes:

cheers

Paul :thumbs:

Hi all downunders. Just checking in to say got here safe, everything is wonderfull and we are both so happy.

Gonna post a question on the K1 thread about timing and getting married. We were thinking of tieing the knot 2 weeks before the 90 days is up, but now we worry a little cause in case we need that paper work done a bit sooner. I guess it just says be married by 90 days, not to have the paper work done by then. Any thoughts here???

Cheers all and lifes great ain't it!!!!

Stella.

Timeline

but she's in the states...not getting married in Oz...don't have to file a month in advance in the states :) most states don't even have a waiting period!!!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

:blush: oopsie :blush: "Note to self" "Read post whilst not yawing and stretching with one eye open :unsure:;):bonk:

Well incase any Aussies intending to marry in Australia needs the above information it's there :thumbs::yes::whistle:

again :blush::blink::blink::blink::bonk:

but she's in the states...not getting married in Oz...don't have to file a month in advance in the states :) most states don't even have a waiting period!!!

Timeline
Matt - how the heck have you been? Haven't seen you around much!

not bad thanks...just working at the park, the driving range and at my golf.

i may have some news in the next couple of weeks but please excuse me if i don't say anything right now as i don't want to put the mocca on it.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.