aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Lorelle, it has to be no older than 6 months old the photo. I am certain. Went and had new photo's done just before 'cause my photo's were older just over 6 months old.

Sorry too tired & busy to update just now, but I still do not have the visa as yet and they returned to me my passport. I am to post that with the envelope and Criminal History Check all together. Yes there are even signs up everywhere there about taking that envelope and they don't issue visas that day, but I guess you guys know that already but I have read you can pick it up the next day. I am just so glad to have that interview bit over, not that it was so hard after all, really you two girls will breeze through and I was only so long because of my first loo interlude, the second went much better. Hee heee :rolleyes:

Yeah you gotta get that receipt from the post office for the interview for $130.

Any ways will fillin more in the morning, just wanted to answer dem questions.

Stella :star:

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just FYI.

We had our interview on Friday and Stewart and I stayed so he could pick it up. They CLOSE the consulate at like 3?? or so...so you go pick it up between 3-4. He BREEZED in and out - he said it was sooo easy and worth waiting for him. That way he had it IN HIS HAND. If you can stay ONE extra day - go get it yourself... heaps easier than the interview part :)

Lorelle - I wish I could be there for yours after YOUR approval :( Oh well :( :( You can jet down to the underground food court and have some chapagne, or coffee, for all of us :) :) I can't WAIT to hear your good news.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Lorelle.

If you do happen to be able to take someone with you to your interview they have to wait in the foyer. Nobody is allowed inside the embassy except those that are named on the interview letter that you got. When i had my interview i got to the first stage of security andlots of people had family, friends with them but they all got sent back down stairs. But when you go inside up on the hmm forgotten what floor but if you go towards the window it is a spectacular view gives you something to look at while you wait. hang in there not long now

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Timeline

Oh yeah meant to mention that Lorelle, only people being interviewed can go up to the 59th floor, yes that view is fantastic. Worth the trip. Oh and you can go to the loo after you get up there, just gotta go thru security again. If you do need to go it is proably best just after you first put in your documents cause you have to wait some after that.

Kath, they sent me an email the following day, saying they had noted I already had my interview and that they were sorry they did not get back to me in time. I am glad for their inefficiency cause I would have probably had to wait another month or two.

All the things I was worried (work questions mainly) all they asked was what I normally do. Didn't mention I played in a wild funk band for 20 years though, forgot about that, probably lucky really. Just said sales and vocal coach, and it was all very easy, just straight forward questions. I did have a blonde moment too though trying to figure out which was my right hand and which was my left index finger.

Not long now you two, yipppeeee, guess I should get me a bottle or two of champagne too now :dance:

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline

Hi, thanks aussiewench for your reply to my question in the K-1 thread, i figured it would be easier though if i post my questions in this forum instead.. im in the process of getting my K-1 at the sydney embassy, and i recieved my packet 4 today with my interview date - Friday June 30th.. i have flights to the US booked for Monday July 3rd, and from what ive read on this forum the sydney embassy wont issue the visa on the same day as the interview, correct? If this is the case i need to change my flights to the us, and id prefer to do that now rather than 3 days before! If anyone knows if its possible to get the visa on the same day or if there is no hope at all then that'd be real helpful! thank you! also thanks to everyone on this site...makes this alot damn simpler!

lachlan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just popping through for the first time in a while. Hope everyone's doing well, and wishing all good things for those of you with impending interviews!

Hey Lachlan. Unless they've changed the rules since I had my K1 interview, the embassy doesn't issue visas on the same day. That's why they ask you to bring one of those express post (I think it's 3kg?) envelopes. Even if you're based in Sydney, I believe you still need to go back on the next business day. So it's a good idea to delay your flight by a few days (best to give a couple of days extra just incase there's a hold up).

Good luck. :)

Timeline
:yes: like Becky said Lachlan. Could try emailing them I guess but I don't think it will work.

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline
:yes: like Becky said Lachlan. Could try emailing them I guess but I don't think it will work.

Thanks, i spoke to the airline and i managed to bump my flights forward a day for hardly any extra cost (ill be getting there on independence day now!) so i just went ahead and did it. plus i have friends in sydney i can hang out with for the weekend. so it means i fly to sydney on friday, have interview, get visa monday, fly back up to north queensland on monday night, finish packing, sleep for a few hours, go BACK to the airport tuesday 6am, fly BACK to sydney, then to LAX. talk about a pain in the ###...oh well! thats the way it works...

thanks,

lachlan

Timeline

Thanks, i spoke to the airline and i managed to bump my flights forward a day for hardly any extra cost (ill be getting there on independence day now!) so i just went ahead and did it. plus i have friends in sydney i can hang out with for the weekend. so it means i fly to sydney on friday, have interview, get visa monday, fly back up to north queensland on monday night, finish packing, sleep for a few hours, go BACK to the airport tuesday 6am, fly BACK to sydney, then to LAX. talk about a pain in the ###...oh well! thats the way it works...

thanks,

lachlan

Gawd I hate connecting flights....I feel for ya.... :crying:

do you have to connect again after LA?

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

Timeline

thanks,

lachlan

Gawd I hate connecting flights....I feel for ya.... :crying:

do you have to connect again after LA?

Yeah...Cairns -> Sydney, Sydney -> LAX, LAX -> Philidelphia, Philidelphia -> Norfolk. =)

at least ill rake up some frequent flyer miles...

Hi Lachlan....good to see you joined us here :thumbs: Who are you lookin' at flying with. Ive been pouring over flight and airline info the past few weeks. Found if I fly with qantas all the way its easier transfers, being put on another flight etc if delayed through customs/immigration, plus can get the flyer points up. Cant remember what it is called now....but heres the link to the thread if you are interested http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14732&hl=flights Scroll through it a bit till you find the part about qantas and american airlines.

coming up to 6pm Friday here.......by the time this day is over I have only 2 full days until my interview monday morning e712e5a6.gif My nerves lifted today and all I am now is EXCITED e712e5a6.gif

Cheers to everyone and lots of best wishes for all with interviews coming up in June.

Our cheer squad

aussie2.gifaussie2.gifaussie2.gifaussie2.gifaussie2.gifaussie2.gif

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Not long now Aussiewench!!!

You will do great!

• July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Appointment 18th Aug

Timeline

Gawd blimey, you gonna need a rest when you get to the US Lachlan.

Read the flight thread Wenchie. Wonder if there will be a whole lot of baggage with christmas tinsel on at those carousels now. Brilliant idea. Wonder what sort of prices you are getting one way. AAhh I might just spend that extra few hundred for Qantas. Anyone flown Air Tahiti Nui?? Did that last time and how do you enrole in that frequent flyer program, is it worth it if you ain't so frequent??

Rang the police peoples, sounded like they had forgotten to send my criminal check, they assured me they were posting it now, ASAP.

Just love that koala girl cheersquad. I guess Kath is on her way up to Sydney by now though.

:dance: Good luck all :dance:

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline

:star:

Gawd blimey, you gonna need a rest when you get to the US Lachlan.

Read the flight thread Wenchie. Wonder if there will be a whole lot of baggage with christmas tinsel on at those carousels now. Brilliant idea. Wonder what sort of prices you are getting one way. AAhh I might just spend that extra few hundred for Qantas. Anyone flown Air Tahiti Nui?? Did that last time and how do you enrole in that frequent flyer program, is it worth it if you ain't so frequent??

:dance: Good luck all :dance:

Yah it is worth it in the long run points dont expire for years with AA.com (my ff club) it allows most airline flights to be added. You can also add your flights from the last 12 months i think, I added mine from last year. It wont be long with all the international flights to add up to at least a couple of airfares in the US.

Haven't flown air tahiti but i have heard its crappy....I fly qantas mostly ...I'm a paranoid flyer adn they haven't had a crash to date so yah..... its qantas for me.

oh yah! and there isn't much diff in prices for one way tickets....its such total bs!

• Appointment 18th Aug

hi ya

wenchie mate good luck although ya wont need it mojo mojo mojo heading your way will be thinking of you all day before we get news...

stella you must of been thinking of our wenchie cos my interview aint till the 16th lol .... stupid that you have to get onto departments back to do their jobs properly huh...i havent flown air tahiti but flew air china once...never again too much damm rice to eat and they dont understand ya...lol..no offense to anyone who might take offense ...

an i agree with ya it is total bs about the one wayers..years ago it use to be half price im talkin 20 odd years ago mind you...

well the house packing starts this weekend well throwing out starts lol..getting a skip delivered this morn an my boy is doing the garage so i can get stuff put in there that i want to get rid of or sell...hardest part of this is going through all the stuff an it brings back memories some good some not...

well i better go before i start flooded ya out lol...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.