aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

bananawoohoo7lk.gif Stella.......Congrats c308704c.gifc308704c.gifc308704c.gif I knew you guys would breeze it.

Matt, I missed seeing your post.....Good to see you.....you are missed around here, I still havent gotten across to have a look at MatesUpOver but its on my list of the things to do once Im settled.

Kath....I dont know about you but Im getting more nervous by the day hahahaha

Karo.....Im on a countdown now.....I can hardly believe it. 5 days then D Day for interview :o:dance:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats excellent stellaR

by the way did you take with you to the interview the envelope for them to post out your passport and visa? Make sure when you send in your police certificate to copy it first just in case and if you sned it registered mail you can track when they get it as well

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
thats excellent stellaR

by the way did you take with you to the interview the envelope for them to post out your passport and visa? Make sure when you send in your police certificate to copy it first just in case and if you sned it registered mail you can track when they get it as well

angela

They post it out? I thought you could pick it up the next day or so....

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

thats excellent stellaR

angela

Im picking mine up 865f0e3c.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

karo,

i'm not doing too much with that job...just a day a week. i'm working for the metro park system here at the moment as a seasonal.

i may have some big news in the next week or so about a job but i won't say anything until it is confirmed. as soon as i know what is happening i'll let you all know about that.

aside from the above, the golf is going well...i just have to practise more.

i'm off to wash the cars.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Timeline
thats excellent stellaR

angela

I think I will hang out the extra time in sydney as well and pick it up... I don't want to have to wait on that...I'm trying to work out how much this all is going to cost with the visa fee, doc fee's, and the cost for the police cert....I have looked around and found the doc's fees thread but how much roughly does this cost with the visa fee's?

I'm trying to budget things out now as I will have to stay in a hotel in sydney for a couple of days and then travel back to Melb...how long till you go to the States after this Aussie Wench? Qantas had some wicked deals the other day I seen on another forum for $799 to LA...

• July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Appointment 18th Aug

thats excellent stellaR

angela

I think I will hang out the extra time in sydney as well and pick it up... I don't want to have to wait on that...I'm trying to work out how much this all is going to cost with the visa fee, doc fee's, and the cost for the police cert....I have looked around and found the doc's fees thread but how much roughly does this cost with the visa fee's?

I'm trying to budget things out now as I will have to stay in a hotel in sydney for a couple of days and then travel back to Melb...how long till you go to the States after this Aussie Wench? Qantas had some wicked deals the other day I seen on another forum for $799 to LA...

Just checked on my info which has info on all the states for the police certificates...Vic is $106.10 (gawd knows why the 10c lol) Anyway....mine turned out to be $5 more then the instructions. Must of had a price increase. Not sure on the medical in Vic. Mine here in Sydney was $225. Visa fee.....not sure of that either off hand but you could always check the US consulate website for Sydney.

Im not heading off until probably mid July or there abouts. Still things to tie up. What forum did you see that about the fares??

You should be able to find cheap enough accommodation...Id go out from the city itself and catch a cab in or train it. Save yourself some money.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline

Oh they do have a list of fees' so i guess its $130...

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/feesniv.html

Aussie wench, it was on 'aussies in america' I will dig out the URL from my history ... they have a 30 day try out and then you have to pay $10...someone posted about a special deal with qantas, one for $799 the other $699. ALso on the qantas site the last time I looked they had a $999 deal to major cities. Also I remember seeing on flightcentre.com.au they had a deal for $899 with hawaiian airlines out of sydney not out of melb though :(

It's total bs that a one way ticket isn't much diff than a return...but anyway :blush:

The *aussies* forum is ok but some of them on there can be a bit bitchy so I didn't bother staying long..too many flamewars. I joined a few months ago when I wanted to find aussie products avail. in the US. It was linked to another site.

THere are some nice people on there but the 'others' seem to be a bit over the top.

Thanks for your help! (F)

• Appointment 18th Aug

hi ya all

karo loved ya kanga so i pinched it ..lol im a soccer nut from way back so the kids will love that lol and hope all is going well in your life over there

hey angela good to see u hope u have found a job yet ...

matt...how u doin mate which metro park u working in ...were getting married at providence park in grand rapids on the boat..hope your enjoying your life there ...

ok serious stuff now..lol...jc75 ... its $117 and they go up every 1st july.. its cost $130 for your visa to be paid at the post office prior to the interview...medical that depends on where u live or u want to go into the city...i have updated the embassey info if u go to the top of the page prices are there for the medical..any questions seein im in Vic email me if ya like...we found a hotel for $95 dollars its an old pub and it is only about a 5 min walk...done all the whereis maps for us to get there ok...and there is a train station right around the corner from the hotel...also there is the Martin Place station right on the street of the embassey...I posted not long ago the police check website too prob a couple of weeks ago i think

by the way the shoulder is coming along fine the physio fella is quite pleased with my progress so the op really needed to be done..still cant wash my hair with two hands or style my hair...or thousand of other things but im alive and ready for everything to get moving along..

ohh and we have 10 more days till robbie leaves the states to come get me...whooo hooo ...(sings) oh happy days are here again lol

take care u lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

JC75

Yes you can pick it up the next day i cant remember the time but i know its late afternoon. If you interview happens to be on a Friday you cant pick it up untill Monday afternoon so instead of paying to stay the extra nights ( unless you have somewhere to stay ) they will post it if you provide the right envelope....

Kath how you going mate im glad the shoulder is coming along quickly no i havent got a job yet havent really look properly yet either lol you must be geting excited now How long till your interview?

And Lorrel well and truely in counted down mode now so all the mojo goes your way now but you wont need it

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

hi angela

interview is on the 16th june....im getting more excited about seeing robbie again more than anything at the moment...those months have just flown by ...robbie arrives on the 12th queens birthday day off so im rapt about that lol at the same time he is arriving i have a mate from work going to new york to do another stint in the summer camps over there so will see him off as well..

ohh im so sorry my wenchy mate i forgot to tell ya ..im not nervous yet mate..im the cool calm collected type of person who frieks out on the day lol .. this week were double checking everything to make sure robbie dont need to go out an get stuff done before he leaves the states...are you avail to meet up on the 16th june mate...would love to meet ya's

well i gotta go im meeting a dear friend in the city today...she is giving me away at the wedding she leaves here to go to the states on the 15th...and then were matching her up with one of robbie's mates ...lol

ok later all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

thanks angela :)

kath n rob ty for the message.... I have to get my stuff organized but I will go and get one of those folders ty for the tip!

Also I'm in the process of finding a apartment in melbourne for the next month etc. I wonder if this is going to cause an issue as its not the address on my passport details etc.... my mail from the old place is going to the PO box so not sure if to contact them about this or just pick it up from the PO box and not worry about the new address..I haven't got the apartment yet so not sure what to do....

Thanks for the info on the old pub in sydney I will check it out now! ... I did see a place listed on here as well thats close to the embassy....

hugs!

• Appointment 18th Aug

Sounds good Kath :thumbs: would love to meet up.....as long as Im not tied up, I will be there with bells on. I missed meeting up with Caroline :(

JC....good to see you have been successful in gathering the info you needed :thumbs:

Thanks for the MOJO angela.....I just wish I had someone to come in with me :( my kids are all working.

Ok.....question. I posted in the Foreign Embassy Forum but Im getting 'I thinks' lol and would really like to know if anyone knows for certain........

The passport photo I have to have for my interview.....is there any requirement on how recent it has to be?Can it be the same one I submitted with the I-130. I havent changed any. Maybe a few extra grey hairs lol but I've got them covered. Usually these passport photos have me looking like Im in a line up and the ones I still have here with me are nice.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Hello everyone

Wow, it's busy in here! Congrats Stella, and good luck with your interviews Kath and Lorelle!

I just wanted to poke my head in and tell you about a very exciting moment I had over the weekend -- I went into my local bottle-o here in NY, and they now sell Boags! Just in time for a long hot summer... I've been dreaming about a Boags for ages (I've been able to find coopers and tooheys new for a while, but it's not quite the same), so I couldn't believe my eyes :no:

The guy in the store told me that it's being regularly imported into the US now, so those of you in other parts of the country might see some soon too. And if not, ask you local store if they can get some in for you!

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Timeline
Hello everyone

Wow, it's busy in here! Congrats Stella, and good luck with your interviews Kath and Lorelle!

I just wanted to poke my head in and tell you about a very exciting moment I had over the weekend -- I went into my local bottle-o here in NY, and they now sell Boags! Just in time for a long hot summer... I've been dreaming about a Boags for ages (I've been able to find coopers and tooheys new for a while, but it's not quite the same), so I couldn't believe my eyes :no:

The guy in the store told me that it's being regularly imported into the US now, so those of you in other parts of the country might see some soon too. And if not, ask you local store if they can get some in for you!

Too bad no lemon ruski's!

:D

• Appointment 18th Aug

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.